After-work/school wind down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: After-work/school wind down

I don't have much 'home time' after work. I have a set ritual of things I do before bed though, and they all add up to take me from work mode to sleep mode. I'm sure I've already described that somewhere though, so I'll spare you. I pretty much start getting ready for bed as soon as JP gets out of the bathroom (I clean and tidy the flat until then). I think the fact that I do the same things every morning after work helps me to automatiically get into that 'sleep zone'. My wind down routine includes filling in a little journal (very brief though), and writing down 4 positive things about the last 24 hrs.

My down time on a work night is the 4 hours before work. I prefer not to lounge around in my PJ's, because if I'm showered, dressed and made up, I'm more likely to agree to Japanese practice via webcam if anyone invites me. Something I insist on though, is wearing either a dress or a skirt and not changing into my jeans until just before I set off. Skirts are 'free time' clothes to me!

JP, who works days and hates his job, has an even simpler way of winding down. As soon as he gets home, all his clothes come off! If it's cold he might wear a dressing gown, but more often than not he just sits around in his birthday suit..
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Enter house. Head to my room. Clothes off if it's hot, if it's chilly, then lit up fire place. Pop up a bottle of cold beer/cider, ring up the pizza guy, sink in the couch and watch a movie. Wait till pizza comes, nom-nom, smoke hookah and have a nonna nap

Comment

Commuting via bicycle has transformed my life in so many ways. The ride home really allows time to blow off steam, and reflect.

Comment

I take a bus home from school, but after I get dropped off I have to walk up most of a whole mountain just to get to my house. When I get home i just go on my laptop.

War never changes.

Comment

Usually I put ny bag on the floor, put my "home" outfit on and eirher sit in front of my laptop with a cup of tea, or lay down on my bed, relax and let my mind rest.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I envy you people with any kind of relaxation/switching on the home mode skills!
              Perhaps I'll just take a three hour nap...
              baah.

Comment

Pajamas, cuddling with my puppy and internet!

Comment

Commuting can be the most stressful part of the day. I'm in the DC area, so an hour and half is the minimum commute either way for me. I'm on a motorcycle most days though, so if I can take the more rural routes that gives me some decompression, even if it adds time on the road. Once I'm home, I have no problem switching into that frame of mind, and usually sit down with my computer, my Tarot cards, runes, or whatever else I feel like getting into. If I'm feeling energetic and it's early enough, I may get in the kitchen and cook something up for the family.

Comment

Working...
                  X