Loki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Loki

I don't think He's bad at all. I'm just cautious about working with anyone who might think "please get me home safely" and Their gleeful reaction is "sure, but you didn't say SANELY".
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

That's very sweet of you, Habbs.
      Thanks for the info, Munin-Hugin. I don't worry about that, to be honest. Like, almost every time I go out of the house, I'm a bit afraid of what might happen on the street. Perhaps Loki will help me somehow.
      Right now I'm on a healing period in my life (those who know why - know), so my spiritual life will have to wait a bit.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
        I don't think He's bad at all. I'm just cautious about working with anyone who might think "please get me home safely" and Their gleeful reaction is "sure, but you didn't say SANELY".
        This is what I mean when I say he doesn't always help you with what you want, in some ways I think of him much as the geenie in the bottle - you have to be very careful what you wish for. That being said, if he did bring you home safe but off your hinges, chances are there's something to learn from it. He can help you grow and come to some important realisations (especially about yourself) but he probably won't do it the easy and painless way. If you're looking for strength and protection I might suggest thor. Loki won't harm you, but he might as well increase as decrease your troubles - just to see if you can handle it... or he will make you see something you're not ready to see. So yea, nice guy but be cautious, and be sure you want to work with him. I doubt 'kind of' is enough for him, you'll just have a few broken things to show for that.
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

One has to remember that the lore was written by a Christian who wanted to make Loki the devil to Odin's All Father. Based on what people who work with him have said and one personal experience he is great at removing things. He is the father of a serpent and associated with fire. Two things that purge unwanted stuff in Norse culture. If there is something you want to change or have gone I would say try. I would also say he will help or not. And if he helps in the way he wants, not necessary what you want. He is no more or less tricky than Odin in my book. Both would have no problem messing you up to get where you need to be. Even at your own expense.

Comment

I'm really starting to like Loki.

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
              One has to remember that the lore was written by a Christian who wanted to make Loki the devil to Odin's All Father.
              So many seem to forget that!

It's a bit like the Egyptian Set. He get's a bad press, but some Egyptian kings were named after him and he defended the Sun from evil. There was even a festival "The reconciliation of Horus and Set". In my religion, Homer was downright rude about Ares, but I celebrate his festival and donate to a military charity in his honour. I suspect that the old Norsemen called on Loki when they thought it necessary -- but cautiously!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidMcCann View Post
                So many seem to forget that!

It's a bit like the Egyptian Set. He get's a bad press, but some Egyptian kings were named after him and he defended the Sun from evil. There was even a festival "The reconciliation of Horus and Set". In my religion, Homer was downright rude about Ares, but I celebrate his festival and donate to a military charity in his honour. I suspect that the old Norsemen called on Loki when they thought it necessary -- but cautiously!
                Yeah but don't forget that Set was also the protector of Ra! I don't know whether Loki has been a trickster since the very beginning.. But from what you all told me, he's a very good and patron.
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                  Yeah but don't forget that Set was also the protector of Ra! I don't know whether Loki has been a trickster since the very beginning.. But from what you all told me, he's a very good and patron.
                  Well, according to the stories, and what I've experienced, Loki surely is a bit of a trickster, and also in no small measure can be an ass. But I've grown rather fond of him, and hold him in very high respect.

Comment

I'm a spouse of Loki, and I have loved being His, even though it hasn't always been easy.

I can only give you my experience with Him, but I've spoken to many others who have had similar experiences.

He has gotten me through really impossible and awful times in my life. But He has also thrust me into very vulnerable positions as a way to help me in the long run. I don't know if He puts everyone through the extremes He has with me, but maybe because not everyone lives in the same situations.
                    He gives wonderful hugs. He has a fantastic sense of humor and will turn basically everything into an innuendo. He likes alcohol and smoking. He's very sexual and sensual, but He is more than respectful of people who are uncomfortable with sex. He's also very understanding of mental illness, and I've found Him to be very helpful and empathetic.
                    He won't let you lie to yourself. Not forever. If there's anything you don't like about yourself, anything you hide, He will drag it out eventually.

He's sassy. :B

He's also unbelievably queer in all ways. Genderfluid and omnisexual. It's wonderful. <3

I have yet to regret my relationship with Him, even though it has come with doubt and hardship and rough patches. I love Him and I say that if you feel a pull to Him, go say hi. :P

Comment

Thanks you all! Loki seems to be wonderful. Yeah, probably I should contact him when the time comes.

Comment

I kept thinking about this thread, and adding a little more to it since, when it comes down to it, like most of the Northern gods, Loki is rather complex. Whether or not he began as such initially, he has become a sort of Ganesh of the North, a deity of the misunderstood, the outcast, and the misfits.

Through his gender - bending, he has garnered the devotion of trans and homosexual folk, as well as cross dressers and the like. His ways of being misunderstood and seemingly compulsive actions have brought many who suffer from mental disabilities to call upon him, and his position as the outsider has drawn the love of those who have low self esteem and struggle to fit in.

Comment

Working...
                        X