Loki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loki

I didn't assume I'd end up thinking about asking him for help, but here I am. Too bad Satu isn't here... Anyway.. What do you guys think? Should I? Should I not?
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Re: Loki

So,the jester huh....perhaps you could learn a thing or two...give it a shot if you think it will work for you.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Soooo tricky. I always find Loki to be a last resort God. I'm never quite sure if he's going to actually help or dump me on my ass.

I hope it works out for you.
      She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Well... I tried Set once, when I was an amateur Kemetic. We didn't end up having a very close bond but he helped me a bit. So perhaps Loki will help me somewhere as well. Maybe, just maybe.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

It's been a long while since I've studied/work with the Norse gods, but Loki always struck me as someone who, while a jester, admired a sense of humor under all circumstances. And if he senses any hypocrisy, he'll stand back rather than help. But those who he likes, he'll help with no holds. In his stories, it appears that things are always going to end bad, but then they get more out of the deal than ever expected. So it might be worth a shot.
          ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Well.. Things in my family end bad pretty often so..

Comment

Well in that case... Seriously, though, if you think you might find something worthwhile while working with Loki, start the process. Reach out to him, all that jazz. I guarantee that win or lose, you will learn something.
              ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

It's worth a try, I guess.

Comment

My experience of loki is that if he likes you he helps you, but not always in the way you thought he would, or with what you thought you needed help with. He's great at messing stuff up for you, but he is also good at fixing it. He's not evil or bad, in fact he is a pretty good driving force, but it can seem pretty chaotic at times. If you ask for his help you have to really want it, and you have to be able to laugh at yourself 'cause he might very well give you reason...
                  You remind me of the babe
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I have no problem with laughing at myself, Iris. What do I do if it seems a bit chaotic? Normally I'd let things calm down a little.

Comment

Just go with it. I find that there's usually reason to the madness, it can just be hard to see when you're in it. I'm weary of contacting him if I'm not feeling up to handling him.
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I'll take some time for myself to think about it, for now.

Comment

One thing about Loki is that he never lies. You may have to look at things in a way you're not accustomed to but that's one of the benefits of his friendship. My experiences with Loki have taught me to anticipate the potential consequences that may come from a certain course of action or inaction. He can also be suprisingly comforting during times of suffering.

Comment

I would be very cautious about working with a Trickster. He is not an entity I work with myself, but a friend of mine does, and we discuss Him from time to time. I've also bought her things for her little shrine to Him. He will occasionally mess with me (making me drop things that I'm putting together to give to her/having them fall off the shelf, making me SWEAR I heard her text tone (which is Marvel Loki), but checking my phone and seeing nothing, something else too which I'm trying to remember and is escaping me). I don't feel threatened in any way, but I would still advise caution.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Loki's not that bad of a sort, really. He gets way too much bad press overall, just because he has a habit to open his mouth a little too often and to get himself, and others, into trouble. Afterall, he is a fire deity, and fire itself has always had a duality to it of harming and healing. It's something to keep in mind that of all the trouble Loki has caused, he's always owned up to it and has worked his trickster ass off to make sure that not only is it set right, but he and his side come out on top.

As it's been said, he doesn't lie. He'll be tricky, he'll leave things out, but he always will tell the truth. Granted, it may be the truth as he sees it and there doesn't seem to be much of a filter on how bluntly he presents things, but that's the price you pay for working with him. He'll tell you not what you want to hear, but what he wants to say, even if you don't like it. Another aspect of him that folks rarely bother to look into is that he is, in his own way, a god of the hearth and home. That's yet another aspect of fire. He will always protect his own and the place that keeps them safe, and is quite fond of offerings of food (or so I've experienced) cast into cooking fires. IN a way, he reminds me of my best friend growing up. He was a jerk, a loudmouth, liked to get in trouble, and would tend to turn some of that on his friends, BUT ... he was also extremely loyal, protective, and dedicated to those he held dear to him. He had the idea of "nobody messes with my friends except for me" sort of attitude, and Loki comes across as very much the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X