This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

That so feels like some kind of Lead weight,perhaps by the Flying Burrito Brothers(look it up on Google)

And you thought I made them up.

- - - Updated - - -

And this jewel,Stairway to Heaven done BY,Heart's Ann and Nancy Wilson

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

So... Planning vacations has never been fun for me. Vacations to me are a time to relax and take it slow. So, when I reach out to people to let them know I'll be in the area, I get extremely irritated when I get responses like "yeah, I'll be around" or "I'll have to get back to you." Especially when a few months before, when vacationing was only an idea and not a reality, they were all for "YES COME HANG OUT, WE'LL HAVE SO MUCH FUN!"

Seriously, don't effing waste my time with your flakey BS. Either you want to hang out, or you don't. I have anxiety problems. I need time to process plans, to feel comfortable. Last minute stuff doesn't work for me. Even more so when I'm in an area I'm not familiar with.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
        So... Planning vacations has never been fun for me. Vacations to me are a time to relax and take it slow. So, when I reach out to people to let them know I'll be in the area, I get extremely irritated when I get responses like "yeah, I'll be around" or "I'll have to get back to you." Especially when a few months before, when vacationing was only an idea and not a reality, they were all for "YES COME HANG OUT, WE'LL HAVE SO MUCH FUN!"

Seriously, don't effing waste my time with your flakey BS. Either you want to hang out, or you don't. I have anxiety problems. I need time to process plans, to feel comfortable. Last minute stuff doesn't work for me. Even more so when I'm in an area I'm not familiar with.
        YES. I'm going through that now too. I'll tell someone exactly when I'll be there and they say they'll have to see, or to let them know when I'm actually there. I'm like, if you get a wedding invitation, do you wait and see? Do you call the bride 2 days before and ask if it's still on? NO. You commit to the date and show up. It's not hard. Well, I guess it is, for some.... LOL
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Yap. Well if they don't get back to me soon, I'll just tell them my time got filled up. And I'll sit my happy ass in the hammock at my in-laws and enjoy the quiet the whole time. My dog will love it more, too, rather than being in a strange place by herself for several hours.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My phone just did a software update... so now I get kind of motionsick using it because it does this weird zoom effect thingy when it opens or closes any app. It has also removed my english dictionary so now it keeps changing what I write into similar Danish words.
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

This is more of an eye-roll than a rant but...

I've been doing more yoga lately for reasons I've probably discussed to death here already. I recently started doing sequences from youtube for that 'class at home' feeling. Just now I was watching a routine I'd like to try (I always watch them first) and was surprised and slightly offended when she called what I know as 'Goddess arms', 'cactus arms'! This just smacks of Christian BS (no, this is not a Christian bashing thing.. it's a certain type of Christian bashing thing. You know, the kind who are too busy being offended by EVERYTHING to actually practice what the Bible prescribes). If the culture you're borrowing from offends you, go do Pilates!

Yeah, Yeah... I know there are lots of asanas or positions with several anglicised names, but this one just rubbed me up the wrong way as it's so obviously a decision by some sensitive little new-aged Christian from.. well somewhere where there are a lot of cacti, right?
              Last edited by Jembru; 25 May 2017, 17:34.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Texas,heads backwards on Abortion.

Texas Bill Could Send People to Jail for Driving a Woman to an Abortion, Lawmaker Says

Story.

The Abolish Abortion Act, proposed by Arlington Republican Tony Tinderholt, also of the far-right House Freedom Caucus, would criminalize abortion at any stage and charge women and providers with a felony, without exemption for rape or incest. Tinderholt told the Observer the proposal would “force” women to be “more personally responsible.” Another proposal by fellow caucus member Matt Schaefer, R-Tyler, would remove the exception for fetal anomaly from the state’s 20-week abortion ban.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I wish people would just wear a button that says 'I HATE WOMEN' and just be done with it. You hate us. We get it. We effing get it.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Apparently people like getting smacked by Federal courts.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Rest in peace, Adam West, you were my first Batman. Your show and your movie provided me with hours of joy and happiness when I was a child dealing with tough times. You made me fall in love with a character that I still fascinate about even in my adulthood. It all started with you. You had such an impact and influence on a little kid like me, a kid you'll never get to know, a kid that never got to thank you. Thank you for everything.
                      [4:82]

Comment

Just posted in the Death thread,and yes it was an interesting Batman in less complicated days.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Grrr.... trying to switch to Linux. Starting to think it is not worth it. Break time.

Comment

Just found this,and a good list of fake news sites.
                            Here.

Fake news websites deliberately publish hoaxes and disinformation to drive web traffic inflamed by social media.[3][4][5] These sites are distinguished from news satire (which is humorous) as they mislead and profit from readers' gullibility.[4] While most fake news sites are portrayed to be spinoffs of other news sites, some of these websites are examples of website spoofing, structured to make visitors believe they are visiting trusted sources like ABC News or MSNBC.[6] The New York Times pointed out that within a strict definition, "fake news" on the Internet referred to a fictitious article which was fabricated with the deliberate motivation to defraud readers, generally with the goal of profiting through clickbait.[7] PolitiFact described fake news as fabricated content designed to fool readers and subsequently made viral through the Internet to crowds that increase its dissemination.[8]

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Messed the link,so here it is

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
                                Grrr.... trying to switch to Linux. Starting to think it is not worth it. Break time.
                                Which distro and is there a specific problem you need help with?
                                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X