Page 151 of 153 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1529

Thread: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

That so feels like some kind of Lead weight,perhaps by the Flying Burrito Brothers(look it up on Google)

And you thought I made them up.

- - - Updated - - -

And this jewel,Stairway to Heaven done BY,Heart's Ann and Nancy Wilson

I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...

So... Planning vacations has never been fun for me. Vacations to me are a time to relax and take it slow. So, when I reach out to people to let them know I'll be in the area, I get extremely irritated when I get responses like "yeah, I'll be around" or "I'll have to get back to you." Especially when a few months before, when vacationing was only an idea and not a reality, they were all for "YES COME HANG OUT, WE'LL HAVE SO MUCH FUN!"

Seriously, don't effing waste my time with your flakey BS. Either you want to hang out, or you don't. I have anxiety problems. I need time to process plans, to feel comfortable. Last minute stuff doesn't work for me. Even more so when I'm in an area I'm not familiar with.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    So... Planning vacations has never been fun for me. Vacations to me are a time to relax and take it slow. So, when I reach out to people to let them know I'll be in the area, I get extremely irritated when I get responses like "yeah, I'll be around" or "I'll have to get back to you." Especially when a few months before, when vacationing was only an idea and not a reality, they were all for "YES COME HANG OUT, WE'LL HAVE SO MUCH FUN!"

Seriously, don't effing waste my time with your flakey BS. Either you want to hang out, or you don't. I have anxiety problems. I need time to process plans, to feel comfortable. Last minute stuff doesn't work for me. Even more so when I'm in an area I'm not familiar with.
    YES. I'm going through that now too. I'll tell someone exactly when I'll be there and they say they'll have to see, or to let them know when I'm actually there. I'm like, if you get a wedding invitation, do you wait and see? Do you call the bride 2 days before and ask if it's still on? NO. You commit to the date and show up. It's not hard. Well, I guess it is, for some.... LOL

Can you hear me, Major Tom?

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...
    Yap. Well if they don't get back to me soon, I'll just tell them my time got filled up. And I'll sit my happy ass in the hammock at my in-laws and enjoy the quiet the whole time. My dog will love it more, too, rather than being in a strange place by herself for several hours.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Nov 2014
    Religion
    Eclectic with some strong norse tendensies

My phone just did a software update... so now I get kind of motionsick using it because it does this weird zoom effect thingy when it opens or closes any app. It has also removed my english dictionary so now it keeps changing what I write into similar Danish words.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Shamanist Witch with heady Celtic notes and a faint wiccan bouquet

This is more of an eye-roll than a rant but...

I've been doing more yoga lately for reasons I've probably discussed to death here already. I recently started doing sequences from youtube for that 'class at home' feeling. Just now I was watching a routine I'd like to try (I always watch them first) and was surprised and slightly offended when she called what I know as 'Goddess arms', 'cactus arms'! This just smacks of Christian BS (no, this is not a Christian bashing thing.. it's a certain type of Christian bashing thing. You know, the kind who are too busy being offended by EVERYTHING to actually practice what the Bible prescribes). If the culture you're borrowing from offends you, go do Pilates!

Yeah, Yeah... I know there are lots of asanas or positions with several anglicised names, but this one just rubbed me up the wrong way as it's so obviously a decision by some sensitive little new-aged Christian from.. well somewhere where there are a lot of cacti, right?
    Last edited by Jembru; 25 May 2017 at 17:34.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Texas,heads backwards on Abortion.

Texas Bill Could Send People to Jail for Driving a Woman to an Abortion, Lawmaker Says

Story.

The Abolish Abortion Act, proposed by Arlington Republican Tony Tinderholt, also of the far-right House Freedom Caucus, would criminalize abortion at any stage and charge women and providers with a felony, without exemption for rape or incest. Tinderholt told the Observer the proposal would “force” women to be “more personally responsible.” Another proposal by fellow caucus member Matt Schaefer, R-Tyler, would remove the exception for fetal anomaly from the state’s 20-week abortion ban.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

I wish people would just wear a button that says 'I HATE WOMEN' and just be done with it. You hate us. We get it. We effing get it.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Apparently people like getting smacked by Federal courts.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

May 2005
    Religion
    Muslim

Rest in peace, Adam West, you were my first Batman. Your show and your movie provided me with hours of joy and happiness when I was a child dealing with tough times. You made me fall in love with a character that I still fascinate about even in my adulthood. It all started with you. You had such an impact and influence on a little kid like me, a kid you'll never get to know, a kid that never got to thank you. Thank you for everything.
    Do they not, then, ponder about the Qur‘an? Had it been from someone other than Allah, they would have found in it much discrepancy. [4:82]