This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

In that case, you've chosen to subject yourself to their rules, and their need to cover their own behind, don't you think? Rather than some case of FB vs Free Speech, it's Your Own Desires vs Your Own Needs.

I'm offering this, and drilling this down.... because facebook, in reality.... far and away exceeds any rational commitment to free speech, and the free speech grift is a rabbit hole that leads to a very dark place, particularly online, and on facebook. Our voices (and suspicions) amplify that trend, to the detriment of ourselves, others, and even to free speech.
    Last edited by Rhythm; 22 Nov 2019, 12:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythm View Post
      In that case, you've chosen to subject yourself to their rules, and their need to cover their own behind, don't you think? Rather than some case of FB vs Free Speech, it's Your Own Desires vs Your Own Needs.

I'm offering this, and drilling this down.... because facebook, in reality.... far and away exceeds any rational commitment to free speech, and the free speech grift is a rabbit hole that leads to a very dark place, particularly online, and on facebook. Our voices (and suspicions) amplify that trend, to the detriment of ourselves, others, and even to free speech.
      If this was ongoing issue then I would have left Facebook a long time ago. I have friends on Facebook (almost 5,000) and I have a better connection with them. I know Facebook isn't the best social media site but I like Facebook but now that you mention it I probably might give Facebook a break for a while.

Comment

Pokemon Sword And Shield Overuse Games sucks. They cut out so many Pokemon that I can't used in older generations. This is a living nightmare.

Comment

When people call and leave a message starting with "You must be (sleeping/shopping/showering/outside), etc." It always struck me weird.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

My mom's phone message says " We must be outside", so I think I may have a habit of saying "You must be outside" when I leave a message. I didn't even realize until I read your post.

I do think that there is currently an expectation for everyone to be immediately available and tethered to their phones, so I think that maybe it has become more of a social nicety to say those things, sort of giving you an excuse for not being at beck and call. I don't think you need one, except in specific circumstances, but I think I am unusual in this. I know people who get upset if they don't get immediate replies to texts, etc. As if you wouldn't be occupied by work, driving, at a performance etc. Or you know, just not in the mood or situation to chat.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
              My mom's phone message says " We must be outside", so I think I may have a habit of saying "You must be outside" when I leave a message. I didn't even realize until I read your post.

I do think that there is currently an expectation for everyone to be immediately available and tethered to their phones, so I think that maybe it has become more of a social nicety to say those things, sort of giving you an excuse for not being at beck and call. I don't think you need one, except in specific circumstances, but I think I am unusual in this. I know people who get upset if they don't get immediate replies to texts, etc. As if you wouldn't be occupied by work, driving, at a performance etc. Or you know, just not in the mood or situation to chat.
              Yeah, I get that. It just seems weird to me, esp. when the same people say it every time !
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I have to block a friend on Facebook because this idiot is transphobic against transgender people. His ignorant mindset is the reason why so many transgender people get killed and I'm not going to put up with his transphobic comments or anybody else ignorant comments on my Facebook page again.

Comment

So many Facebook Groups that I use to be part were very closed-minded about my Mind Lenormand and Mind Tarot gifts. They told it isn't a legitimate reading. I asked them "how do you know my gifts for reading cards in my mind are not legitimate? Have you ever try it? Just because you don't believe in my gifts doesn't give you the right to be so disrespectful for my gifts." I should know I've been reading cards in my mind for so many years and it has proved to be accurate and useful. Obviously, people were very nasty and small-minded and I left these groups because I don't want to be part of their group.

Comment

So anyway. Another ex-Facebook friend blocks me because he was very transphobic, homophobic and racist. Is that how he really feels why was he even on my friend list in the first place?!

Comment

I'm so incredibly grateful for childcare I can trust. Babies in caskets should never be a thing...
                      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Chris Brown is a woman beater. He's Neutral Evil. I don't supported celebrities who beat women and men. I'm surprised he hasn't been to jail yet.

Comment

I can't believe that there's a Chick-Fil-A fast food restaurant in my city. Last Saturday I went to the movie theatre with a male friend and a Chick-Fil-A is next to the movie theatre that I go to with my friend. That place is anti-LGBT. Chick-Fil-A makes me sick. I will never eat their food. I rather go to Popeyes they accept the LGBT and their food is good.

Comment

I have a 400 page book to fill out for my professional review. Then I'm done with my program and just have to face the boards... it's a lot, but the end is in sight.
                            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I can't get the Cats Soundtrack out of my head. LOL!
                              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Times Square was a bust. I went to West 41st Street and only saw the fireworks but not the ball because the building was blocking its way. So I left at 8:00 PM and I went home to watch it on TV.
                                Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 31 Dec 2019, 19:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X