This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

I love examining a problem, identifying the solution, being told to call Apple to see if they can do something (because I apparently can't be trusted to properly interpret a ******* Apple Support article) and having an Apple technician walk me through the procedure for the solution that I identified before I was told to call Apple. It's difficult to put in words just much fun that experience is.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I almost was having an argument at an RPG Internet Forum about the movie Avengers: Infinity War which I create a thread about the movie and post about my opinion on the movie.

Spoiler!
      Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 09 May 2018, 02:05.

Comment

I'm trying to start a photography business... So I'd offered free headshots to a theatre group I'm part of. This is something that's costing me money, but I needed new pictures for my portfolio so I figured it was a win win. I'd booked 3 people for today. None turned up. One cancelled early yesterday because he got sick. Fair enough. One cancelled less than an hour before he wa supposed to be there because he was tired after a night out (he was booked for 3.30...). No apology. He even tried to get me to make a new (free) appointment next week. The last one cancelled 15 minutes before she should have been there because something came up...
        I'm furious. And appalled at the lack if respect for other people.
        So in conclusion, I'm not doing that again... if I do another free shoot I'll be sure to say that a late cancellation will cost a fine. Apparently you can't trust people to honour a commitment unless there's something for them to lose.
        Last edited by iris; 10 May 2018, 13:27.
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I have been struggling with my state's system for assisted healthcare with my daughter for over a year. I literally broke down crying today. I have had her on state insurance since she was born (the kind where we pay a minimal fee and everything is covered). March, 2017 I got the yearly paperwork to resubmit verifying income. I sent it in. Nothing. A few months later a notice that they had dropped her. I reapplied, no response, called and was told they hadn't received anything from us since 2016. I sent in another application. They only put her on dental, not medical. Called them and they said we'd have to submit again to get medical added. I sent in the paperwork. Nothing. Called and they didn't even show her as having dental anymore, said they couldn't find ANYTHING before 2016 (and we still had the dental healthcare card, though it had been deactivated.)

I finally got an application to go through last November (she had been without insurance since the previous March). I never received anything other than an insurance card in the mail sometime in January. I waited for the first bill. I called and they said to look for it in the mail. I finally received a bill (the first one) on a Wednesday in March saying that payment was overdue and she was going to be dropped if we didn't get her payment in. I was like, ok, now that I know what to pay, I'll get it in this Friday when we get paid. That Friday I got a notice that they were dropping her due to lack of payment, not even three days later. I called them and they said if I got the payment in that week it would be fine. I went online, thought I made the payment, but apparently it never actually went through (I honestly thought I had confirmed this but apparently I'm delusional because I can't find the withdrawal anywhere on my bank account or the email confirmation). So she was dropped from insurance. And I have to apply AGAIN.

If I could afford it, I think I would seriously be considering a lawyer. I'm pretty sure I've submitted four or five applications in the last year and a half. Only two of those were even acknowledged, and one of them was later denied as having ever been seen (even though we'd had a phone conversation with someone about how she had somehow ended up with only dental). I'm so frustrated, and I feel like I should just give up and put her on my insurance, but that would be an extra $100 a month we don't have right now.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

MY advice is try and hook up with a social worker,perhaps from a state child agency to wade through the BS. at times it is the only way to unsnarl a mess. I don't know about Iowa,but many states have these problems.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a social worker from Easter seals when I had to deal with social security disability issues. cut through the BS like a hot knife.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I love the fact that people are leaving a flashlight that double as a stun gun sitting around without informing everyone in the house of its nature. Yes, I recognize the thing because I've seen its type before but I do not like discovering purpose built weaponry when I'm looking for a flashlight to take the dog out with. Especially when the weapon is not obvious about its nature if you haven't seen one before.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                I love the fact that people are leaving a flashlight that double as a stun gun sitting around without informing everyone in the house of its nature. Yes, I recognize the thing because I've seen its type before but I do not like discovering purpose built weaponry when I'm looking for a flashlight to take the dog out with. Especially when the weapon is not obvious about its nature if you haven't seen one before.
                ...Americans.

*Shakes head*

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                ...Americans.

*Shakes head*

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  ...Americans.

*Shakes head*
                  Unless I'm missing a different point (or an inside joke)... this is not an exclusively American thing to do.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                    Unless I'm missing a different point (or an inside joke)... this is not an exclusively American thing to do.
                    Ehh, most developed nations are a lot less free wheeling about weaponry then the US so she's taking pot shots at that. Given the nature of my rant, I'm not inclined to contest the point.

Comment

i have seen ads for phone stun guns among other things,so go figure.

look here.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Ehm... my first thought was "only in america"... I don't know every country in the world. But on this side of the pond stun guns are illegal because... well. Weapons should be left to professionals. Concealing them as other things would bring you in sooooooo much trouble. I can't even believe that's a thing. WHY is that a thing...
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Comment

So I just met a neighbour who has the sweetest English bull terrier puppy. I already disapprove of how she treats her, she gives her no training at all and doesnt exercise her nearly enough. Well... anyway. She was more hyperactive than usual trying to crawl on me, her breathing sounded wrong too and I commented on it. Then she tried to jump up and fell on her back and I was worried she'd gotten hurt cause it was quite a tumble. Well. The lady responded with "oh she's been doing that all day. That's nothing. She ate a whole pack of cigarettes earlier"... She... She what? But she hasn't taken her to the vet. I was too shocked to say anything. Now I went home and looked up nicotine and dogs. And well . She's showing signs of nicotine poisoning and she ingested way more than toxic level for a puppy of about 6 months... we don't have animal police or anything like that. And I'm not sure exactly where she lives I just meet her in the street often. But I feel awful for not being able to help the dog. And I'm red hot furious at the owner for letting her near cigarettes, but much more for not taking it seriously. Dogs don't deserve to suffer because people are irresponsible idiots. And I swear if the dog dies I'll find a way to hold her responsible for it.
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

even people can die from nicotine poisoning,stupid human.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

A naysayer comment on one of my tarot reading videos on Youtube saying that one of my reading is stupid because I said that Camila Cabello and Lauren Jauregui are a couple and she also said she didn't believe anything on the video. I comment on her saying that your opinion and they're a couple. First off my tarot reading are very accurate and spot on 99% of the time. My reading isn't bullcrap and I don't made up those reading. If you don't like what I promote on Youtube then this channel isn't for you. There's over a million of other channels to watch on Youtube. Watch those channels that interest you instead of wasting time putting stupid comments on my videos.

Comment

I feel so bad for pets that aren't well treated. I'm not someone who thinks animals are stupid, but I also don't think they can understand what is happening when they are ill. I mean you can tell them, it's just this or that and that they will be fine, but, will they understand?
                                Last edited by pillar; 06 Jul 2018, 08:57.

Comment

Working...
                                X