This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

I don't understand what's the deal with people who are Anti-Vaccination. They have this ridiculous theory that when you get vaccinated you will get Autism. That is the most stupidest thing I have ever heard. I was born with Autism plus ADHD. And you can get Autism at birth. Not vaccination. Where on earth does people get this idiotic theory anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
      I don't understand what's the deal with people who are Anti-Vaccination. They have this ridiculous theory that when you get vaccinated you will get Autism. That is the most stupidest thing I have ever heard. I was born with Autism plus ADHD. And you can get Autism at birth. Not vaccination. Where on earth does people get this idiotic theory anyway?
      Most of them have accepted that the autism link is false. Now they are claiming that it disrupts the natural building of the immune system by overwhelming it and thus making it less functional in the future or some such. Others say that the mercury in vaccines is bad for you. Others say that they aren't going to risk adverse reactions (some believe that brain damage/seizures/etc are a lot more common than they actually are). Others site that kids who are vaccinated get sick more often (which is likely as much a case of crunchy parents being more likely to breastfeed and stay at home with their children, thus more likely to pass on mother immunity or whatever it's called while also reducing exposure because their kids aren't in daycare). And any time you give evidence to the contrary of their beliefs they state that the studies are skewed by pharmaceutical cover-ups.

PS, my daughter is fully vaccinated. I just am part of some scrunchy groups so I see these arguments a lot.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Can we as a world just put a universal shipping standard in place!!!! Seriously, like we all require the exact same documentation and forms, bans on items can be left to the individual country but the paperwork itself all be the SAME. That they all be filled out one way and bloody be done with it!

I picked up two new international accounts. One in the UK and one in Kuwait, and Kuwait has given me nothing but stress and anxiety. Partly because everyone here HATES international orders and doesn't understand the importants of international sales to a small business, partly because we have a slight bit of a language barrier and partly because Kuwait requires stupid extra documents.

Shipping Instructions and BL will not work for Kuwait like other countries, you also need a Certificate of Origin, which by the way we were informed of after the shipment had left. Then they decide they need the original documents mailed to them. The originals go with the shipment, its required! All we have on files are the copies. Next time they arrange for shipment. I refuse to do it!
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

sorry you have had these issues

- - - Updated - - -

this is messed up

Two women sexually assaulted trans woman in North Carolina bathroom, police say
          Amber Harrell and Jessica Fowler were charged with second-degree kidnapping and sexual battery for allegedly assaulting a transgender woman at a bar in Raleigh.

story here.

i always ,being trans, worried about attacks by men
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            sorry you have had these issues

- - - Updated - - -

this is messed up

Two women sexually assaulted trans woman in North Carolina bathroom, police say
            Amber Harrell and Jessica Fowler were charged with second-degree kidnapping and sexual battery for allegedly assaulting a transgender woman at a bar in Raleigh.

story here.

i always ,being trans, worried about attacks by men
            I think my biggest problem is international sales and sales in general is all new to me. So I really have no idea what I'm doing and haven't gotten the training I'm used too. Its a "we kinda wing it/follow this rule unless one of the siblings doesn't like it/wait do it this way" kinda thing. Which makes me not feel like I'm in control and doing my job to the best of my abilities. Which as stated above I am not. I'm causing problems for my customers and it isn't a smooth transaction.

So the second one(Jessica by caption I believe) in her mug shot doesn't look the least bit upset/bothered by it. Like I see absolutely no guilt in those eyes just pure satisfaction and thats very disheartening.

That poor woman.
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

People are messing up parks and cutting down Joshua trees. What the actual **** is wrong with humans? And they wonder why I'm a loner.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

hi hawk love ya lady

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

YouTube sucks now! There always for drama from other YouTubers (mostly the major YouTube stars) I subscribe so many channels but only watch a selective few YouTubers which I only find some interest.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    hi hawk love ya lady
                    Love ya too, I really don't hate the whole human race LOL. The problem is it takes years to grow a tree but one idiot cuts it down in a day. And that's symbolic of lots of things.
                    sigpic

Comment

all this makes me wonder at any human progress

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Today my tax dollars paid for kids to stay home on a rainy day. Because it "might" have snowed somewhere.
                        sigpic

Comment

I honestly don't know what to do about my boss. I feel like I need to go above her and report her to her supervisor, but I don't want to stir the pot, and I worry about retaliation. I also know that I'm only going to be there another 10 months or so, so I won't have to put up with this forever, and I can spill the beans then without worry of retaliation, but then I feel like not saying anything is doing a disservice to my coworkers.

1. She called a coworker a libtard to her face.
                          2. She made a coworker with a 102 deg temp and both respiratory flu and stomach bug symptoms feel like she had to come into work. In the central sterile department of the hospital. After a statement that no employee should be at work until 24 hrs after their fever has subsided was released and even though company policy states that she never should have entered the building (unless seeking medical treatment, because it's a hospital).
                          3. She has gaslighted me on several occasions.
                          4. She has accused me and a coworker of doing things and/or not doing things that she has not witnessed herself and can be proven false (via computer reports, etc) that she has access to.
                          5. She is letting staff leave early even though there are still lots of things that need to get done and expecting us to pick up the slack.
                          6. She is playing favorites. She has two members of staff that she has friended on facebook. She promoted them inappropriately (into positions that they weren't qualified for and that qualified staff were interested in) and they were recently demoted by her supervisor. She came in when I was working one day with them and was chatting with them etc. Once they left, I tried to start a conversation and she practically ignored me. A coworker told me that they have ignored new staff that they were supposed to be training while they were chatting with each other. I've made complaints about their behavior on the weekend when they were doing things that she got really angry about other employees doing and she shrugged it off.
                          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

sorry to hear this shahaku,been through things like this when i was working,but i was less subtle in my expression about things,it is a tough position to be in,hoping things resolve themselves soon.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                              I honestly don't know what to do about my boss. I feel like I need to go above her and report her to her supervisor, but I don't want to stir the pot, and I worry about retaliation. I also know that I'm only going to be there another 10 months or so, so I won't have to put up with this forever, and I can spill the beans then without worry of retaliation, but then I feel like not saying anything is doing a disservice to my coworkers.

1. She called a coworker a libtard to her face.
                              2. She made a coworker with a 102 deg temp and both respiratory flu and stomach bug symptoms feel like she had to come into work. In the central sterile department of the hospital. After a statement that no employee should be at work until 24 hrs after their fever has subsided was released and even though company policy states that she never should have entered the building (unless seeking medical treatment, because it's a hospital).
                              3. She has gaslighted me on several occasions.
                              4. She has accused me and a coworker of doing things and/or not doing things that she has not witnessed herself and can be proven false (via computer reports, etc) that she has access to.
                              5. She is letting staff leave early even though there are still lots of things that need to get done and expecting us to pick up the slack.
                              6. She is playing favorites. She has two members of staff that she has friended on facebook. She promoted them inappropriately (into positions that they weren't qualified for and that qualified staff were interested in) and they were recently demoted by her supervisor. She came in when I was working one day with them and was chatting with them etc. Once they left, I tried to start a conversation and she practically ignored me. A coworker told me that they have ignored new staff that they were supposed to be training while they were chatting with each other. I've made complaints about their behavior on the weekend when they were doing things that she got really angry about other employees doing and she shrugged it off.
                              Whoa. That's not right. I used to have a supervisor at my first official job. She treated me like crap and so I complained it to HR about it. She got in trouble of course. My job coach got really upset at me all because I did the right thing. My job coach thought that I betrayed her and the whole program. (I was part of a vocational services program and Goodtemps got me this job.) I told her that she's a fool because she failed for being there for me and you failed as a job coach.

So the moral of the story is complain to HR about it and they will listen to you.
                              Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 14 Jan 2019, 01:49.

Comment

just this

Turkey will attack Kurdish fighters in Syria regardless of US withdrawal, foreign minister says

the kurds were the best against the forces of ISIS

story here.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X