This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

That is a totally legitimate first draft of Dr. Seuss's Green Eggs and Ham. Obviously there were some changes between the first draft and the final product.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      My choice is not to eat rabbit, venison, dog, cat, parrot, horse, and quite a few others. Squirrel's fine, though! LOL
      Sort of a side question but what is venison to you? For a lot of people I know they narrow it down strictly to deer meat but I also know a lot that broaden it to anything they take from the wild. So it's a curiosity on my part.

Personally I don't care for deer that has mostly feed on pine or similar foliage as it taste awful to me. Yet if the deer feed on grains, berries, etc then the meat has a different taste and is not to bad. Bear meat is not to bad but has to be cooked right or the spirit of the bear will still bite you. Turkey is somewhat like deer regarding where it's from and what it usually feeds upon to me as to how it tastes. But a wild turkey no matter where it's from has a taste that is way different than a factory farm / store purchased turkey.

That I think is one of the big difference's for my family. The things we hunt always have a different taste from what you get from a factory farm / raised store purchased animal. Even with herd animals when you buy from smaller local herders who might sell and slaughter vice corporation herds that mass grow for factory usage. It can be a bit more expensive at times though, especially as those butcher operations seem to be growing fewer in numbers and harder to find.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
        Sort of a side question but what is venison to you? For a lot of people I know they narrow it down strictly to deer meat but I also know a lot that broaden it to anything they take from the wild. So it's a curiosity on my part.

Personally I don't care for deer that has mostly feed on pine or similar foliage as it taste awful to me. Yet if the deer feed on grains, berries, etc then the meat has a different taste and is not to bad. Bear meat is not to bad but has to be cooked right or the spirit of the bear will still bite you. Turkey is somewhat like deer regarding where it's from and what it usually feeds upon to me as to how it tastes. But a wild turkey no matter where it's from has a taste that is way different than a factory farm / store purchased turkey.

That I think is one of the big difference's for my family. The things we hunt always have a different taste from what you get from a factory farm / raised store purchased animal. Even with herd animals when you buy from smaller local herders who might sell and slaughter vice corporation herds that mass grow for factory usage. It can be a bit more expensive at times though, especially as those butcher operations seem to be growing fewer in numbers and harder to find.
        I mean deer. I just don't like it, after several tries.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          I mean deer. I just don't like it, after several tries.
          Thank you for clarification. Curious again but is that all deer or just white tail? Never had Mule Deer but have heard they have a different taste and texture than White Tail. Pretty much all we have in WV are White Tail's. Can't even speak about Elk, Caribou, Moose, etc though they are in the same general family group.

Comment

While in other countries I have eaten dog,cat,monkey..and I might have had Rat..street vendors do not say what kind of meat it is. My advice BMH,stay here in your very own country.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              While in other countries I have eaten dog,cat,monkey..and I might have had Rat..street vendors do not say what kind of meat it is. My advice BMH,stay here in your very own country.
              I'm not even planning people to leave my country anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                Thank you for clarification. Curious again but is that all deer or just white tail? Never had Mule Deer but have heard they have a different taste and texture than White Tail. Pretty much all we have in WV are White Tail's. Can't even speak about Elk, Caribou, Moose, etc though they are in the same general family group.
                I'm not sure - probably white tail. I think that's the only kind people hunt here. I like the local bison, though! In fact I like that better than beef.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I just had moose chili. First time eating moose. Was good.

Comment

I remember getting a burger in Varner Bulgaria and discovering the beef was cut with another meat. Wasn't bad but definitely a different taste. I was sick at the time and could only eat about half of it and the woman who served us was really upset thinking I may have been offended by it. Took a bit of explaining that the burger was fine as the other guys with me enjoyed their's it was just that I had been sick for a few days and was still not fully recovered. But vendors along the streets and at fairs and such sometimes it was a surprise as to what the meat was, even if you did know what it was.

Now the PI, that was mystery meat almost all the time though.

Comment

I still say that Yulin need to be banned permanently.

Comment

Talk to the peoples republic of China..I am sure they will say,sorry young American..And in return will you stop being in a democratic country. That Democratic thing kinda bothers us,the PRC
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm not really cool with how the dogs are slaughtered. Then again, animal welfare in China is a HUGE problem, so it's sort of a whole other issue. They're not exactly big on raising their livestock humanely.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                            I'm not really cool with how the dogs are slaughtered. Then again, animal welfare in China is a HUGE problem, so it's sort of a whole other issue. They're not exactly big on raising their livestock humanely.
                            I agree there that the method of slaughter is an issue. Heck world wide factory farming and mass enclosures where live stock are raised is pretty awful. Not just the creature's raised for food but also creature's raised to be sold as pets.

Comment

Talk to the peoples republic of China..I am sure they will say,sorry young American..And in return will you stop being in a democratic country. That Democratic thing kinda bothers us,the PRC
                              That comment I find it very offensive to that.

Comment

This little side argument isn't going anywhere anyway so let's just move on, please. Or start a separate thread specifically about this topic.
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X