• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    Grad school...
    Drop out! Come back to us, we miss you.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

Not unsurprising, most of the world has entire communities making their living digging out the stuff we throw away.

I mean, when people consume at the rate that its been estimated to take 3 earths worth of resources to support current habits, 5 earths if the whole world consumed at the level of the US, and 1 1/2 earths if we all lived sustainably...

....its pretty easy to figure out that population growth is bad. Unfortunately, the places where the population is growing are also some of the least sustaining environments--the population of Africa is expected to quadruple in the next few decades due to a fertility rate twice that of the global average. Add in climate change with increased desertification, and the fact that we've killed off half the worlds wildlife since the 1970's and can expect to loose half the world's species by 2100, this is just a drop in the bucket.
      Because of this, and my continuing lack of ability to get pregnant, i have made the decision that if I cannot conceive naturally, i just won't. No IVF for me. If I'm not ever meant to get pregnant thats ok. I'll foster, which is what i want to do even with kids.

Course if I do start getting pregnant I still want 3. And ive got a good 15 years of fertility left so have to wait and see haha
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        Drop out! Come back to us, we miss you.
        I have two weeks off until my next set of classes. Its a quarterly schedule, so its 10 weeks. The upcoming quarter is going to suck, because its three classes instead of the two I usually take.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

My daughter is looking into returning to school. She is thinking CPA as her goal.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I really hate to say this,but it just seems Our orange leader seems to be cranking up our military in a manner more like preparing a "Move",than in creating a defense in the normal sense. The term "Fortress America" comes to mind.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Took myself off sick this arvo. Not sure if gastro or food poisoning. Either way my guts won't settle down and it just HURTS

RIP

You cut your hair short
              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Are birds supposed to be tweeting all night?

Or do I now have vampire birds to go along with my vampire doggy?
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  Are birds supposed to be tweeting all night?

Or do I now have vampire birds to go along with my vampire doggy?
                  I don't know about your part of the world, but here the blackbirds and robins sing at night sometimes. When I was at uni there was a blackbird that sang right outside my window because I was on the 2nd floor at perfect tree hight. He would start at around 1am. I know people blame artificial street light but I dunno why it would start at such an arbitrary hour in that case.

I've noticed at work, that the blackbirds start singing around the full moon (as we've just had), maybe due to the extra light, but that could just be confirmation bias at play there.
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Gonna put this here for Duce,because it happened in LA area.

The headline.

A California waiter refused to serve 4 Latina customers until he saw ‘proof of residency’

The story.

The outcome.
                    The waiter was canned....I know Duce would have had a few choice words for the guy..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Had my work lunch of homemade spaghetti with meat sauce. A bowl of it. Two hours later my blood sugar is at 77. How is that even possible? I ain't even going to put this in the adult rant section.

Because meh.

- - - Updated - - -

Had my work lunch of homemade spaghetti with meat sauce. A bowl of it. Two hours later my blood sugar is at 77. How is that even possible? I ain't even going to put this in the adult rant section.

Because meh.

Comment

Today at my job, IG was 2:29 PM. I was about to clock out of work at 2:30 but suddenly a mysterious fire drill shows up at the wrong time. Why man why? Why does a fire drill have to show up as soon I was about to clock out and leave?

Comment

KP's grandparents are visiting from Texas and are thankfully staying at my in laws. The woman is obsessed with people being fat. Herself included. She had gastric bypass surgery at least 10 years ago and lost a lot of weight. Well she can't stay the 130#'s she wants to because she doesn't eat right and she's a binger. I have stayed away for the last three days because she's called Monster fat at least 4 times. He's 5.5 months old and at his last doctor's appointment at almost 5 months he was 13#10oz and 25 inches long. He's in the 5% of his weight class. He's freakin tiny!!! However his doctor is happy with this. He is progressing like he is suppose to and hitting his milestones. his weight gain is great.

I try telling her that and she disagrees. I gave him a french fry to taste the other day, and was informed that I needed to be careful because I was laying the foundation of fat cells in his body and did I know that children get their height from their fathers and their weight from their mother?? It was a taste of a french fry. He wasn't even interested in it. The next day he was just in a onesie because it was sweltering in the house because we can't have windows open, or fans on because she can never get warmer and she again asked how much he weighed. I told her he was probably 14#'s by now and was informed he must be a very solid 14#'s with how fat his legs are.... is it time for them to go home yet?
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I would probably hit/throw something/someone. Hope they're gone soon x

RIP

You cut your hair short
                            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I had the opposite problem for most of my childhood. At 5'11 and 128-135 being my final weight at HS graduation, everyone was obsessed with my being so thin. Everyone felt the need to comment, my parents thought I was throwing up my food, and as the lowlight, I once had to eat five plates' worth of dumplings because my cousin didn't think I was eating enough.

Comment

I keep following the weather for the Grand Canyon. It's gonna be a high of 54. I don't even know what to do. I guess I'll be walking around with my blankee.

And 28 at night. Thankfully I have flannel jammies.

Comment

Working...
                                X