This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Hard top tell these days Thal..also several 4.3's up and down the west coast,very close together.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I think Oklahoma's situation is all or mostly from fracking. It's pretty bad.
      We had a whole lotta rain here in the Ozarks right after Christmas! The creek in my neighborhood is usually almost dry and now it's full of rushing water. No damage here in town, but I've seen some pretty incredible pics from not too far away. The worst seems to be around 100-150 miles from here.
      Aaaaannnndddd.....I've either had a relapse or caught a new virus, 'cause I'm sick again. Not a very happy camper. Blah.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        I think Oklahoma's situation is all or mostly from fracking. It's pretty bad.
        We had a whole lotta rain here in the Ozarks right after Christmas! The creek in my neighborhood is usually almost dry and now it's full of rushing water. No damage here in town, but I've seen some pretty incredible pics from not too far away. The worst seems to be around 100-150 miles from here.
        Aaaaannnndddd.....I've either had a relapse or caught a new virus, 'cause I'm sick again. Not a very happy camper. Blah.
        Where the family lives is expected to crest over Flood of '93 levels... :/
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          Where the family lives is expected to crest over Flood of '93 levels... :/
          Ugh....hope everyone's OK.
          sigpic

Comment

Not even 9pm and I'm already sipping the first Alka Seltzer of the new year. I might have over done it with the foods.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

There was an explosion in our water pipe and now there is water gathering in our neighbor's flat on the lower floor. So they shut our water off entirely. I understand them, it's not a pleasant thing. But to shut our water entirely - they have some nerve. Moreover they have no right to do this, in my opinion. Since it's weekend, we couldn't hire a technician to fix it. But we should do it this week.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

^^^ If the same pipe supplies the whole building, they have to do that. It sucks how these things tend to happen on weekends or holidays. Hope you can get it all fixed fast!
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks. We live on the third floor. They live on the second. It's strange that the neighbors from first floor didn't come to us to discuss the issue.
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Just had JP on the phone. He went to visit his gran today and he's decided to stay over. I'm at work tonight though, which means I have to leave Dolly on her own overnight. I don't even have time to take her over to my mum's place (and to be honest, as I don't drive, I don't really want to carry her that far in this weather because she's not used to the cold and it's both blowing a gale and raining).

So poor Dolly will just have to be on her own for over 10 hours. Hopefully she'll just sleep, but I'm going to be so worried about her. I'm quite angry with JP right now. I wish he'd just waited until I wasn't at work.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                      Just had JP on the phone. He went to visit his gran today and he's decided to stay over. I'm at work tonight though, which means I have to leave Dolly on her own overnight. I don't even have time to take her over to my mum's place (and to be honest, as I don't drive, I don't really want to carry her that far in this weather because she's not used to the cold and it's both blowing a gale and raining).

So poor Dolly will just have to be on her own for over 10 hours. Hopefully she'll just sleep, but I'm going to be so worried about her. I'm quite angry with JP right now. I wish he'd just waited until I wasn't at work.
                      But isn't Dolly a cat? I've left my cat alone in the house for up to four days before. Extra food and water, he's fine. He's a cat.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        But isn't Dolly a cat? I've left my cat alone in the house for up to four days before. Extra food and water, he's fine. He's a cat.
                        Yeah, she's just not used to being alone. I looked online and someone suggested if you have a clingy cat like Dolly, to leave clothes you've warn where you'd usually snuggle together, so they can smell you. I dug out my fluffy pajamas from the laundry basket and placed them next to my pillow.

I'm pretty sure I'm just projecting my own anxiety and she'll just sleep soundly until I get home in the morning. We've always come home before and a cat won't imagine things like car crashes or that we've left her for another cat...

Thanks for reassuring me!
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

The motor for the baby's swing died today... It was the magical way we got her to take naps, and now it's dead. Naps are now hell and I don't know what to do today, I had a napless baby. Ian is off looking for something else with a similar motor to stick into the thing instead, but he needs his soldering iron and we don't know where that is, so we're trying to fix it, but I'm afraid I'm going to have another day without baby naps again tomorrow...
                          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                            Yeah, she's just not used to being alone. I looked online and someone suggested if you have a clingy cat like Dolly, to leave clothes you've warn where you'd usually snuggle together, so they can smell you. I dug out my fluffy pajamas from the laundry basket and placed them next to my pillow.

I'm pretty sure I'm just projecting my own anxiety and she'll just sleep soundly until I get home in the morning. We've always come home before and a cat won't imagine things like car crashes or that we've left her for another cat...

Thanks for reassuring me!
                            If it's any consolation, cats almost never suffer from separation anxiety. It's one of the benefits of their social structure and the sorts of attachments that they form with humans. They will get stressed if you move them into a different environment, or bring someone new into your environment, but they almost never fret if you go away for a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                              If it's any consolation, cats almost never suffer from separation anxiety. It's one of the benefits of their social structure and the sorts of attachments that they form with humans. They will get stressed if you move them into a different environment, or bring someone new into your environment, but they almost never fret if you go away for a few days.
                              So I'd probably have made things far worse for her if I'd taken her to my mum's for the night? That does make me feel better!

Only two hours left and I can go home to her and stop imagining stupid scenarios like the front door blowing open in the wind. You know, like front doors don't do.. ^^

Comment

10 hours alone. 8 will be probably napping. I'm sure she's going to be fine
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X