X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
    I hear cats are (or at least have been, in the past) on some menus as well. Some Asian cuisines, I think.
    They eat cats too. Oh my god. I also hear that in Korea that people eat rats too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
      They eat cats too. Oh my god. I also hear that in Korea that people eat rats too.
      Why are you so angry? Don't people kill rats in your country when they find them in their homes? At least they eat them and not let them go to waste.

Guess what? ALL animals are living beings, and it makes no sense to think it's OK to eat one and not the other just because you were born in a certain country.

The issue isn't what meat they are eating, it's about how the animals are treated until they end up on your plate.
      Last edited by Dumuzi; 26 Feb 2017, 09:18.
      [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
        Why are you so angry? Don't people kill rats in your country when they find them in their homes? At least they eat them and not let them go to waste.

Guess what? ALL animals are living beings, and it makes no sense to think it's OK to eat one and not the other just because you were born in a certain country.

The issue isn't what meat they are eating, it's about how the animals are treated until they end up on your plate.
        Yes we kill rats in my country but we don't eat them.
        Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 26 Feb 2017, 09:25.

Comment

Yes we kill rats in my country but we don't eat them.
          Can you explain why you are angry that other people eat rats? So you're OK with killing them and throwing them in the garbage, but not OK with eating them?

Just trying to understand your issue with this.
          [4:82]

Comment

I understand that eating domestic animals is cultural in some countries but there's a differences between what's acceptable and crossing the line.
            Define that line though BMH. One thing being in the military taught me is that line blows all over the place depending upon culture, morality, ethics, economics and probably a hundred other influences. Tried things over seas that people would turn their noses up to in the states or vomit over due to the smell or site of. Inversely, they'd do the same to things we in the states think of as a great meal or desert. That line is about as strict as a line left in the water where your finger passed through it.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
            I hear cats are (or at least have been, in the past) on some menus as well. Some Asian cuisines, I think.
            Cat was also served in many Asian areas. Ironically cats still get served as home meals in many Asian areas in the states as well. We had an Asian place in Virginia years ago that got raided by the food inspectors that had a number of cats hanging in the meat locker.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
              Can you explain why you are angry that other people eat rats? So you're OK with killing them and throwing them in the garbage, but not OK with eating them?

Just trying to understand your issue with this.
              Rats is infected with diseases.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                Define that line though BMH. One thing being in the military taught me is that line blows all over the place depending upon culture, morality, ethics, economics and probably a hundred other influences. Tried things over seas that people would turn their noses up to in the states or vomit over due to the smell or site of. Inversely, they'd do the same to things we in the states think of as a great meal or desert. That line is about as strict as a line left in the water where your finger passed through it.

- - - Updated - - -

Cat was also served in many Asian areas. Ironically cats still get served as home meals in many Asian areas in the states as well. We had an Asian place in Virginia years ago that got raided by the food inspectors that had a number of cats hanging in the meat locker.
                I understand that there some countries that people eat other animals but that's definitely crossing the line.
                Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 26 Feb 2017, 12:33.

Comment

Here in the states people eat raccoon,Squirrel,possum,Might even include ground squirrels(gophers and such) depends on what part of our country you are in. Anthony Bourdain explores many cultures food.

Anthony Bourdain.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Judge not that you be not be judged...

- - - Updated - - -

I think in Peru they eat guinea pig,and yes it seems a bit much...BUT...

See here.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Oh my god I think I lost my appetite.

Comment

Go Go vegieman.......
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        Go Go vegieman.......
                        Don't get me wrong at meat as well but not doesmtic animals and vermin.

Comment

I understand that eating domestic animals is cultural in some countries but there's a differences between what's acceptable and crossing the line.
                          You're outrage at different cultures picking and choosing what animals are ok to eat and what aren't, is ::maddening:: Either it's ok to eat animals or it's not. You can have preference, like you do with your vegetables, but if you are truly outraged by people eating dog, then share some of that outrage around to the other animals human beings eat in different parts of the world, educate yourself on different cultures food preferences, and make a personal change to become vegetarian/vegan.
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                            You're outrage at different cultures picking and choosing what animals are ok to eat and what aren't, is ::maddening:: Either it's ok to eat animals or it's not. You can have preference, like you do with your vegetables, but if you are truly outraged by people eating dog, then share some of that outrage around to the other animals human beings eat in different parts of the world, educate yourself on different cultures food preferences, and make a personal change to become vegetarian/vegan.
                            Didn't you read my post at all. I said that I'm outrage that China torture dogs and eats it

Comment

Didn't you read my post at all. I said that I'm outrage that China torture dogs and eats it
                              BMH, Might be wrong in what Heka was saying but I think she's saying either be outraged at all animals being eaten or don't be outraged at any of them. Don't pick and choose because some are pets here and those outrage you but ignore others because they are acceptable to you.
                              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                                BMH, Might be wrong in what Heka was saying but I think she's saying either be outraged at all animals being eaten or don't be outraged at any of them. Don't pick and choose because some are pets here and those outrage you but ignore others because they are acceptable to you.
                                I don't understand what you're saying. Can you explain more clearly please?

Comment

Working...
                                X