This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

If you eat ANY meat,then ALL meat is in some way a common food,no matter the species....If we are omnivores and we are carnivorous,as are many mammals then it is eat,or be eaten...dog eat dog. Society is less of a consumer of meat these days,BUT the verity can be vast. Some people swear by horse meat(France) also buffalo meat and what is called Beefalo ,Cow mated with a buffalo. BUT fear not as they are working on stem cell as growth of lab meat that comes from no cow,it grows in a lab. So you may be able to eat meat with no bad karma for the death of animals.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Maybe so but they're torturing and devouring man's best friend in China.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
        Maybe so but they're torturing and devouring man's best friend in China.
        But a dog is not man's best friend in every country. That is the point. To many a dog is simply another food creature to be eaten and is treated as such. No different than a cow is to us in the US. Seen a lot of Mutton on the menu in Scotland but never developed a taste for it. Rather bland to my taste buds. Yet mutton is basically from sheep, so you get wool from them or you get mutton chops from them. Yes and for some Scots they are pets as well.

But your hung up on the fact that in the US and to your perspective dogs are man's best friend so it's a no no to eat them. Yet the steak, hamburger, or other beef product you eat is offensive to those who hold the cow as sacred. The point being either your offended by all animals being eaten or you have to accepted that people eat animals and have to accept that fact.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
          But a dog is not man's best friend in every country. That is the point. To many a dog is simply another food creature to be eaten and is treated as such. No different than a cow is to us in the US. Seen a lot of Mutton on the menu in Scotland but never developed a taste for it. Rather bland to my taste buds. Yet mutton is basically from sheep, so you get wool from them or you get mutton chops from them. Yes and for some Scots they are pets as well.

But your hung up on the fact that in the US and to your perspective dogs are man's best friend so it's a no no to eat them. Yet the steak, hamburger, or other beef product you eat is offensive to those who hold the cow as sacred. The point being either your offended by all animals being eaten or you have to accepted that people eat animals and have to accept that fact.
          That's your opinion and I could disagree any way I want.
          Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 27 Feb 2017, 09:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
            That's your opinion and I could disagree any way I want.
            No one has said you couldn't. But at the same time don't be surprised when you present something your offended about and someone says so what. Your arguing from a position of culture and emotion while ignoring others emotional attachment and culture towards the same concepts. A dog to you is a pet to another its a meal.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

No one has said you couldn't. But at the same time don't be surprised when you present something your offended about and someone says so what. Your arguing from a position of culture and emotion while ignoring others emotional attachment and culture towards the same concepts. A dog to you is a pet to another its a meal.
              So what are you saying? I should quit whining and deal with it?

Comment

Pretty much. I mean, most Canadians I know are horrified by the idea of eating rabbits, but here in Europe, it's a fairly normal meat. Not an everyday meat (it's kind of expensive), but it's definitely a meat people eat.

In this part of Germany (and in a lot of Saxony as well), people still sometimes eat horse. It's not something you'd see in a regular supermarket, but it's definitely on the menu of some restaurants, and people still sometimes order it. I ate a horse bratwurst once.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                  Pretty much. I mean, most Canadians I know are horrified by the idea of eating rabbits, but here in Europe, it's a fairly normal meat. Not an everyday meat (it's kind of expensive), but it's definitely a meat people eat.

In this part of Germany (and in a lot of Saxony as well), people still sometimes eat horse. It's not something you'd see in a regular supermarket, but it's definitely on the menu of some restaurants, and people still sometimes order it. I ate a horse bratwurst once.
                  Well this is my response to your comment and everybody else's: No way that I'm not going to deal with it.

Comment

Just try it, man. Maybe you'll like it.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

I remember when I was a kid it wasn't uncommon at all to see rabbit on the menu in German restaurants (unless I just hand picked the ones that had it...). Denmark not so much, but the summers I spent in Spain I did see it once in a while too. Horse can be found in some butchers here too... I personally would feel weird eating it because I very much consider horses pets. Rabbit I think I've tasted once but it's a long time ago... we only think it's weird (or outrageous apparently) because we're unused to it.

I actually like the idea of eating rats, not that I would myself. But they're abundant, and if they're edible then why shouldn't people eat them? They're probably no more infected with disease than pigs or birds are. It's not like they eat the ones they find dead in the street I assume. It's just because it seems weird to us. It wouldn't if we had grown up with that culture.
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                        Just try it, man. Maybe you'll like it.
                        Do you even know what the meaning of the word "no" is?

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                          I remember when I was a kid it wasn't uncommon at all to see rabbit on the menu in German restaurants (unless I just hand picked the ones that had it...). Denmark not so much, but the summers I spent in Spain I did see it once in a while too. Horse can be found in some butchers here too... I personally would feel weird eating it because I very much consider horses pets. Rabbit I think I've tasted once but it's a long time ago... we only think it's weird (or outrageous apparently) because we're unused to it.

I actually like the idea of eating rats, not that I would myself. But they're abundant, and if they're edible then why shouldn't people eat them? They're probably no more infected with disease than pigs or birds are. It's not like they eat the ones they find dead in the street I assume. It's just because it seems weird to us. It wouldn't if we had grown up with that culture.
                          I mostly think of horses as pets, too. I used to ride, so it was a bit strange. But I wanted to try it.
                          Rabbit is also available at most supermarkets here. I even found it at Netto a few times, which doesn't usually have much apart from chicken and pork. All of the main brand-name supermarkets definitely have it, though. Most people don't keep their own to eat, but when I talk to my mother-in-law and other peoples' parents, most remember that people still did when they were kids. It wasn't uncommon to have a hutch in the yard (or even in the courtyard in a city apartment block!) and to eat them now and then. When people keep them now, they're usually pets, but people still eat them. I guess it's sort of like people who keep backyard chickens. There are the ones you eat, and the ones you have as pets.

Comment

Do you like Man's best friend?
                            Would you like it here or there?

Would you eat it in a house?
                            Would you eat it with a mouse?
                            Would you eat it in a box?
                            Would you eat it with a fox?

Would you? Could you?
                            In a car?
                            Eat it! Eat it!
                            Here they are!

You may like dog
                            You will see
                            You may like it
                            In a tree?

A train! A train!
                            Could you eat mans best friend on a train?

Say!
                            In the dark?
                            Would you? Could you?
                            In the dark?

Would you? Could you?
                            In the rain?

You do not like Man's Best Friend?

What about with a goat?
                            What about on a boat?

You do not like dog so you say
                            Try it! Try it!
                            And you may.
                            Last edited by ThePaganMafia; 27 Feb 2017, 12:53.

Comment

My choice is not to eat rabbit, venison, dog, cat, parrot, horse, and quite a few others. Squirrel's fine, though! LOL
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                                Do you like Man's best friend?
                                Would you like it here or there?

Would you eat it in a house?
                                Would you eat it with a mouse?
                                Would you eat it in a box?
                                Would you eat it with a fox?

Would you? Could you?
                                In a car?
                                Eat it! Eat it!
                                Here they are!

You may like dog
                                You will see
                                You make like it
                                In a tree?

A train! A train!
                                Could you eat mans best friend on a train?

Say!
                                In the dark?
                                Would you? Could you?
                                In the dark?

Would you? Could you?
                                In the rain?

You do not like Man's Best Friend?

What about with a goat?
                                What about on a boat?

You do not like dog so you say
                                Try it! Try it!
                                And you may.