Page 157 of 157 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157
Results 1,561 to 1,565 of 1565

Thread: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

I love examining a problem, identifying the solution, being told to call Apple to see if they can do something (because I apparently can't be trusted to properly interpret a ******* Apple Support article) and having an Apple technician walk me through the procedure for the solution that I identified before I was told to call Apple. It's difficult to put in words just much fun that experience is.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

I almost was having an argument at an RPG Internet Forum about the movie Avengers: Infinity War which I create a thread about the movie and post about my opinion on the movie.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 09 May 2018 at 02:05.

Nov 2014
    Religion
    Eclectic with some strong norse tendensies

I'm trying to start a photography business... So I'd offered free headshots to a theatre group I'm part of. This is something that's costing me money, but I needed new pictures for my portfolio so I figured it was a win win. I'd booked 3 people for today. None turned up. One cancelled early yesterday because he got sick. Fair enough. One cancelled less than an hour before he wa supposed to be there because he was tired after a night out (he was booked for 3.30...). No apology. He even tried to get me to make a new (free) appointment next week. The last one cancelled 15 minutes before she should have been there because something came up...
    I'm furious. And appalled at the lack if respect for other people.
    So in conclusion, I'm not doing that again... if I do another free shoot I'll be sure to say that a late cancellation will cost a fine. Apparently you can't trust people to honour a commitment unless there's something for them to lose.
    Last edited by iris; 10 May 2018 at 13:27.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

I have been struggling with my state's system for assisted healthcare with my daughter for over a year. I literally broke down crying today. I have had her on state insurance since she was born (the kind where we pay a minimal fee and everything is covered). March, 2017 I got the yearly paperwork to resubmit verifying income. I sent it in. Nothing. A few months later a notice that they had dropped her. I reapplied, no response, called and was told they hadn't received anything from us since 2016. I sent in another application. They only put her on dental, not medical. Called them and they said we'd have to submit again to get medical added. I sent in the paperwork. Nothing. Called and they didn't even show her as having dental anymore, said they couldn't find ANYTHING before 2016 (and we still had the dental healthcare card, though it had been deactivated.)

I finally got an application to go through last November (she had been without insurance since the previous March). I never received anything other than an insurance card in the mail sometime in January. I waited for the first bill. I called and they said to look for it in the mail. I finally received a bill (the first one) on a Wednesday in March saying that payment was overdue and she was going to be dropped if we didn't get her payment in. I was like, ok, now that I know what to pay, I'll get it in this Friday when we get paid. That Friday I got a notice that they were dropping her due to lack of payment, not even three days later. I called them and they said if I got the payment in that week it would be fine. I went online, thought I made the payment, but apparently it never actually went through (I honestly thought I had confirmed this but apparently I'm delusional because I can't find the withdrawal anywhere on my bank account or the email confirmation). So she was dropped from insurance. And I have to apply AGAIN.

If I could afford it, I think I would seriously be considering a lawyer. I'm pretty sure I've submitted four or five applications in the last year and a half. Only two of those were even acknowledged, and one of them was later denied as having ever been seen (even though we'd had a phone conversation with someone about how she had somehow ended up with only dental). I'm so frustrated, and I feel like I should just give up and put her on my insurance, but that would be an extra $100 a month we don't have right now.
    Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

MY advice is try and hook up with a social worker,perhaps from a state child agency to wade through the BS. at times it is the only way to unsnarl a mess. I don't know about Iowa,but many states have these problems.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a social worker from Easter seals when I had to deal with social security disability issues. cut through the BS like a hot knife.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104