This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

I've had something similar happen in the past, and have learned how to get rid of it. Do a hard reboot so that you can start up in Safe Mode with Networking. Not sure how much you know about computers, so I'll explain in my own terms (since I'm not too knowledgeable myself, I just know a few things) what that does. It sets it up so only the very basic of systems will be running, preventing stuff like viruses and malware to start up, while the networking allows you to still access the web. From there, I go to BleepingComputer.Com and download Combofix. While still in safemode, I run that program which will pretty much get rid of everything. I mean, it even considers Skype to be a potential virus so deletes that as well.

Once it's done, restart as normal, and you should be clear. I've also downloaded Malware Bytes, and run that once a week or so. An emergency tech in my area suggested both of those to me over the phone, as that was what he would do if he made a housecall. Except over the phone it was free, and it would cost me $70 if he showed up to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
      I've had something similar happen in the past, and have learned how to get rid of it. Do a hard reboot so that you can start up in Safe Mode with Networking. Not sure how much you know about computers, so I'll explain in my own terms (since I'm not too knowledgeable myself, I just know a few things) what that does. It sets it up so only the very basic of systems will be running, preventing stuff like viruses and malware to start up, while the networking allows you to still access the web. From there, I go to BleepingComputer.Com and download Combofix. While still in safemode, I run that program which will pretty much get rid of everything. I mean, it even considers Skype to be a potential virus so deletes that as well.

Once it's done, restart as normal, and you should be clear. I've also downloaded Malware Bytes, and run that once a week or so. An emergency tech in my area suggested both of those to me over the phone, as that was what he would do if he made a housecall. Except over the phone it was free, and it would cost me $70 if he showed up to do it.
      Very much agree with running the malware, virus checkers and such after one of those hit. I tend to run them about once a week or more as a lot of malware seems to get slipped in especially the pup programs. Can take a few hours or more to do all of it but it's worth it in the long run.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I use Linux on my computers. I have never had a virus attack. I do run the recommended anti-virus and malware software but the way Linux works it is less likely to be attacked.
        I keep all my information backed up and if I ever do get hit I can reload Linux and be back up and running in an hour. Another good point is that it's free. All the software on my computer is open source software and the software I write is also open source software. It is all free and modifiable because the source code is always available.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Oh my Satan, I work tonight 6pm to 2 am! And I'm awake. I should be asleep. But I'm eating my pizza and doing maps for my car route. It's the end of the world as we know it. And I'm sorta sleeeepy.

(but at least it's when the store is closed and I don't need to talk to anyone. So I can put on my zombie audiobook and be anti social)
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

So this morning I've only been in work for 3 hours and have gotten so frustrated and annoyed that the boss had to tell me to calm down because a few of the guys complained that I was being verbally abusive. Yeah, when I look at it, it wasn't really their faults, but they are the direct cause of it. I know it's busy and the end of the month but c'mon, a little communication and organization would be nice.

I'm feeling extremely claustrophobic here. There are so many boxes piled up in my work area that it's hard to move, hard to keep it all sorted, and nowhere for me to move them to in order to make space. I work in a shipping department, and right now I'm trying to keep 12 different stores separate, as well as making sure that the regular UPS and FedEx boxes don't get mixed up. Plus, there are at least 3 orders for each store that is missing, but no one's bothering to find those orders and just want to add more stores!

Comment

Why do I bother lining out a scope of work or make suggestions that would help make their work easier... When they don't effing listen to what I say. Am I not speaking English?
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I hate shopping... Ugh... Bought shorts for the pool. Suitable size. When I came home I realized they didn't fit at aaalll!!! Clothes, I hate you.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll have to replace them soon.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be lucky if I can just give them back and get the money I paid for them.
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I just met someone at the library who was really fired up about the end of the world. He told me Jesus had returned but his name was Rayel, and he was a member of the international congregation of Lord Rayel. I just looked it up, and well, people never seize to amaze me.

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
                    I just met someone at the library who was really fired up about the end of the world. He told me Jesus had returned but his name was Rayel, and he was a member of the international congregation of Lord Rayel. I just looked it up, and well, people never seize to amaze me.
                    Just googled that name.

I'm too lazy to put up a facepalm pic. I want several minutes of my life back.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I also did a search,and I am amazed people fell for this Major BS...this guys history is weird,and I do know weird...

http://www.rawstory.com/2014/03/meet...nfl-prospects/

I do think some people are very susceptible to the crazy in the world...
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

You can even Google "People currently claiming to be Jesus" and get better options!

For those who need a general tl;dr version of this group:
                        Some strange fellow, who is wanted by authorities is claiming to be Jesus. He has some sort of guy who claims by using the Torah as a word find he can verify this, and many other claims, such as Oprah is Elijah reincarnated.

Comment

Why and how does a nut job like this end up with this much BS online?...I know there are stupid people in the world,but THIS stupid?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
                            such as Oprah is Elijah reincarnated.
                            Elijah....

Prophet who ascended to heaven in a chariot of fire...

That Elijah?

Mwahahahahaha!!!!!
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

MO,perhaps we could "build" a following for you....savior of the holy four fold pizza ,and keeper of the sacred recipe of the TRUE sauce !!

Just a thought,I mean everyone is doing it right now,right???

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                                Elijah....

Prophet who ascended to heaven in a chariot of fire...

That Elijah?

Mwahahahahaha!!!!!
                                That reminds me. Last time we celebrated Pesah (no idea how it's called in English.. It's when the Hebrews left Egypt), my parents told my sister that Elijah would come if she didn't behave herself. Fine. We're eating, when suddenly the door opens. The dog starts barking and the man who opened the door closed it quickly. My sister started running across the living room and yelling about how Elijah came to our house.
                                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X