X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
    BH-

There is an awful lot of malicious misleading content on the internet about members of certain groups. I have certainly seen blatant lies about Muslims before. I would also verify before spreading this article. Iran absolutely has some bad laws, but I wouldn't want to mislead anyone about this kind of thing. Real people suffer real discrimination when we don't check this kind of story. I find it hard to believe that you would support any kind of discrimination against cultural or religious groups. It seems the very opposite of what you say on a regular basis. If it is true, it is terrible. But a story that has been passed around Facebook is not always the best source of information.

Okay. Edited to say that I did try to find this information, and I found credible reports from 2013 that such a bill was moving forward in the Iranian legislature. The law regards adopted daughters of young teen age. Supporters insisted that this was simply to circumnavigate hijab laws. Detractors insisted that this is abhorrent to Iranian culture, and were pushing for a language banning such marriages. I did not find a credible source regarding the outcome and current status. Anyone? My apologies BH.
    Ok. I should probably deleted that story.

Edit: Ok I delete that story.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 26 Sep 2019, 16:46.

Comment

Why share something if you don't know if it's real or fake? That really really is one of the things that annoys me most about social media. I know people who do it in real life and it just is the most aggravating thing.
      ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
        Why share something if you don't know if it's real or fake? That really really is one of the things that annoys me most about social media. I know people who do it in real life and it just is the most aggravating thing.
        Well there usually a fact checker below the article saying that the story is fact or some correction.

Comment

My insurance assigned me to a doctor who isnt taking patients so I dont have a primary until mid October, which was the earliest physical I could get scheduled with a new one and they require them for new patients. I figured this out when I got out of the ER after not eating or drinking for days because I was too depressed and anxious. I was given a five day script of a low grade anti anxiety medication. It's amazing? I always figured I needed to be medicated but that's amazing. My script was for five days, and I got it about two weeks ago. I was told to follow up with my primary because you really need to be on something and the ER here cant prescribe past a week. Once I realized how long I'd be without the meds I started saving the pills, since this is something that can be taken as needed. I'm just glad this something that wont kill me not to have. I'm really not doing great mentally right now and I cant even see a primary care physician about it.
          Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
            My insurance assigned me to a doctor who isnt taking patients so I dont have a primary until mid October, which was the earliest physical I could get scheduled with a new one and they require them for new patients. I figured this out when I got out of the ER after not eating or drinking for days because I was too depressed and anxious. I was given a five day script of a low grade anti anxiety medication. It's amazing? I always figured I needed to be medicated but that's amazing. My script was for five days, and I got it about two weeks ago. I was told to follow up with my primary because you really need to be on something and the ER here cant prescribe past a week. Once I realized how long I'd be without the meds I started saving the pills, since this is something that can be taken as needed. I'm just glad this something that wont kill me not to have. I'm really not doing great mentally right now and I cant even see a primary care physician about it.
            I know where I work has a mental health network we can reach out to for counseling and they can refer you to a psychologist. Maybe see if your insurance covers counseling so you can get a referral to a psychiatrist? I always recommend, if you're going on psychology meds, to have them overseen by a trained psychiatrist. They know what to look for better than most general doctors.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
              Man that is a Catch-22 situation for sure. I'd call your insurance back and see if they can set you up with someone else or at least appraise them of the situation and see what they suggest. Maybe someone else in their system they can assign you to. Don't know if they can refer you to some sort of counseling in the intrum period or not.

Not sure if holding onto the pills for bad episodes will work though to be honest. Have to have it in your system and taking a pill here or there doesn't allow for the medicine to build up enough to be effective. Makes the crash worse and potentially a negative return in the long run depending upon the pills.

Either way hope it works out for you. Don't know if it helps but keep talking and unloading here we'll be here to talk and share / support you. MIght have to move it to your blog perhaps so you can just write free flow as a suggestion. One of the admins would have to address that aspect. Maybe put a thread up and let us now you've added to your blog and we can speak and support that way. I know personally I don't always see that new blog posts have been made by that ref at the top
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                Man that is a Catch-22 situation for sure. I'd call your insurance back and see if they can set you up with someone else or at least appraise them of the situation and see what they suggest. Maybe someone else in their system they can assign you to. Don't know if they can refer you to some sort of counseling in the intrum period or not.

Not sure if holding onto the pills for bad episodes will work though to be honest. Have to have it in your system and taking a pill here or there doesn't allow for the medicine to build up enough to be effective. Makes the crash worse and potentially a negative return in the long run depending upon the pills.

Either way hope it works out for you. Don't know if it helps but keep talking and unloading here we'll be here to talk and share / support you. MIght have to move it to your blog perhaps so you can just write free flow as a suggestion. One of the admins would have to address that aspect. Maybe put a thread up and let us now you've added to your blog and we can speak and support that way. I know personally I don't always see that new blog posts have been made by that ref at the top
                I did call the insurance a few times. The rep I got was the same both times too and he told me that this was technically my insurance's fault, and that I shouldn't have had to do this, but this was the best course of action. They can't do anything else for me, and the advice I got was to return to the ER if my symptoms got too bad. Since I was waiting for 5 hours last time, I'm not super keen on that.

So the medication has a lot less effectiveness when not taken regularly, as you've said, but it is still helpful for taking the edge off and is sometimes prescribed as needed, instead of the script I got which was for daily use. It's considered one of the standards for emergency calm down meds. It also has a rather generous half life so it lasts the entire day. It was way better when I was taking it as directed but, this is what I've got to work with. There's little potential crash to it since I'm not taking it regularly, but itll be a concern when I eventually do get a recurring script. I'm hoping to get a proper psychiatrist after my primary and talk to them about med options, since this medication is only suitable for short term management of my disorder anyway.

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                I know where I work has a mental health network we can reach out to for counseling and they can refer you to a psychologist. Maybe see if your insurance covers counseling so you can get a referral to a psychiatrist? I always recommend, if you're going on psychology meds, to have them overseen by a trained psychiatrist. They know what to look for better than most general doctors.
                I need approval by my primary care to get medication. I was seeing a psychologist for therapy but, their office doesnt do medication. My insurance insisted I have a primary before a psychiatrist. Part of it seems to be I have no one to give me the referral besides the ER doctors, who are only able to refer me to a primary. I'm not super worried about my doctor not knowing what to look for since this is my field of study, but I agree a psychiatrist would be more ideal. At this point I'm looking for the path of least resistance and this seems to be it, just unfortunately as fast as possible still puts me out until mid october while I'm having pretty regular problems.
                Last edited by Corvus; 27 Sep 2019, 12:40.
                Circe

Comment

Here's the reason why I don't discuss politics in social media: It's just a huge waste of time and energy trying to even discuss the most constructive conversation and people wanted to have a fight. I've read other people Facebook post and it always end in an argument. So that way I back away from politics.

Comment

Autism Speaks don't help people with Autism at all. I used to support Autism Speaks and participate their event walks every year. Until I heard this news that Autism Speaks used their money for lobbying and personal gain. They don't use their money for research and finding a cure for Autism. That's a total lie. I'm done supporting Autism Speaks and I'm not going to continue going their event walks anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                      Autism Speaks don't help people with Autism at all. I used to support Autism Speaks and participate their event walks every year. Until I heard this news that Autism Speaks used their money for lobbying and personal gain. They don't use their money for research and finding a cure for Autism. That's a total lie. I'm done supporting Autism Speaks and I'm not going to continue going their event walks anymore.
                      Before you get enraged over lobbying, find out what they are lobbying for. Glancing at their annual report for 2018, they pulled in 94 5 million. It's a nice sum at first glance...

They heavily backed a spending bill that among other things, dropped 2 billion into the National Institutes of Health. That is more than 20 times their 2018 revenue because someone convinced Congress that it was a decent plan and it is not the only or the largest thing that came out of that bill. Research is expensive and the US gov.'t has much, much deeper pockets than Autism Speaks. Lobbying the Feds to throw billions at autism is a smart move when your organization doesn't reliably bring in 100 million a year.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        Before you get enraged over lobbying, find out what they are lobbying for. Glancing at their annual report for 2018, they pulled in 94 5 million. It's a nice sum at first glance...

They heavily backed a spending bill that among other things, dropped 2 billion into the National Institutes of Health. That is more than 20 times their 2018 revenue because someone convinced Congress that it was a decent plan and it is not the only or the largest thing that came out of that bill. Research is expensive and the US gov.'t has much, much deeper pockets than Autism Speaks. Lobbying the Feds to throw billions at autism is a smart move when your organization doesn't reliably bring in 100 million a year.
                        I did my research and they lobbying money for television rather than research. Also, they promote their message for fear and stigmatized Autistic people.

Comment

There this woman who been harassing me on Youtube for a long time. I finally told her that I'm not going to apologize to her and her pathetic curses don't work on me. Then I block her. Knowing that she going to troll me once again. I can't stand stupidity.
                          Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 21 Oct 2019, 15:41.

Comment

I hate my soils class.

*Whines*

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                              I hate my soils class.

*Whines*
                              Boring topic, fail of a teacher, both or neither?
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                                Boring topic, fail of a teacher, both or neither?

Prolly bad teacher. How could a "soils" class be boring?
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X