This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

The neighbor's dog keeps breaking into our yard. Which wouldn't be a super annoying problem, but it is very large and sometimes aggressive. I think it is becoming protective of our yard, but not our family. Becoming a big problem, because every time we find and fix the spot where the dog gets in, it makes another one. It is a really strong dog, and they have another equally strong dog that might join it, most definitely in any sort of violent attack. I know the neighbor has reinforced the fence on his side, we have reinforced on our side, the dog is just very strong and determined. I also worry because there are access points for utility workers back there. They are supposed to let us know before they go back there because they used to let our dog out, but they don't always seem bothered to do that. Our dog was goofy and wanted to play with them, so I think they may not realize that this is a different dog, different story.

To be fair, I don't think that the dog has ever attacked anyone. But it will randomly act aggressive when we are in our yard and it is still in its own. My dog was afraid to go outside in the last few months of his life, even though I think the neighbor dog hadn't broken in yet. Often times it is sweet as pie. I don't think either neighbor dog is a "bad dog". Also, I am a big dog person. I grew up with large breed, protective dogs. My last, beloved, dog was large. In fact, I would consider adopting a puppy of this breed under the right circumstances. I feel very confident in my reading of the dog's behavior. I don't go into my back yard if I think this dog is out there.

Money is tight, but I fear we are going to need to put up some sort of super strong fence.
    Last edited by Prickly Pear; 20 Sep 2018, 11:05.

Comment

Buddy tarot sucks. I ask for a free reading to see what's going to happen at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thanksgiving next month and the reader say reading incomplete due to the nature of the question. I asked them to give me a new reader and they were unable to do that. And I have to wait for new month to get a free reading. What a ******* rip-off.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
        The neighbor's dog keeps breaking into our yard. Which wouldn't be a super annoying problem, but it is very large and sometimes aggressive. I think it is becoming protective of our yard, but not our family. Becoming a big problem, because every time we find and fix the spot where the dog gets in, it makes another one. It is a really strong dog, and they have another equally strong dog that might join it, most definitely in any sort of violent attack. I know the neighbor has reinforced the fence on his side, we have reinforced on our side, the dog is just very strong and determined. I also worry because there are access points for utility workers back there. They are supposed to let us know before they go back there because they used to let our dog out, but they don't always seem bothered to do that. Our dog was goofy and wanted to play with them, so I think they may not realize that this is a different dog, different story.

To be fair, I don't think that the dog has ever attacked anyone. But it will randomly act aggressive when we are in our yard and it is still in its own. My dog was afraid to go outside in the last few months of his life, even though I think the neighbor dog hadn't broken in yet. Often times it is sweet as pie. I don't think either neighbor dog is a "bad dog". Also, I am a big dog person. I grew up with large breed, protective dogs. My last, beloved, dog was large. In fact, I would consider adopting a puppy of this breed under the right circumstances. I feel very confident in my reading of the dog's behavior. I don't go into my back yard if I think this dog is out there.

Money is tight, but I fear we are going to need to put up some sort of super strong fence.
        Are you maybe able to socialize with their dogs more so that they could see you as part of the pack? Give them treats whenever you can, have a few toys that they can play with with you to build positive association?
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I ran into this problem once,neighbor had a pincher that kept getting into the back yard,and almost bite my son. Now my solution might not work for you,but at the time I threatened to shoot said dog if the neighbor did not get it under control,the neighbor got rid of the dog,and I did at that time own a 9mm hand gun. When the dog became a danger to my son,I was pissed enough to scare my neighbor about it very strongly,but that was me,and as I said most likely not an approach that would work for you.

True story kids,but life sometimes calls for being a hard case!!
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Yes, I have considered both of these options. My husband and daughter have done fine with it just being very firm, and I could probably do the same. My son avoids it also. I am just afraid of the what if. My parents stayed with us last week, and I wouldn't let them or their dogs in the back yard.

One day I thought it had itself trapped in our yard and I was worried about food, water, etc. I went out with a treat and a leash, to see if I could leash it and take it home. It didn't work out, although I think that may have been my body language more than the dog- it could probably tell I was hesitant. It didn't attack, but it didn't respond either. I went over to the neighbor's to tell them I thought it was trapped, but they called it back before I got around the block. There it was, smiling at me through their fence. I gave them a nice talk about it being a good dog but protecting our yard from us-want to avoid a problem. They have been working on it, we have been working on it, he is just determined. If we can't resolve it with the fence, I think I will ask them to let him socialize a bit with us on their property, then escalate to threats if necessary. I really don't want to threaten him- it is just one of those problems that happen with dogs sometimes. I suspect he is fantastic with his own people. They didn't train him to be aggressive. Also, these neighbors were friends with my husband long before we moved in.

Also, I have realized that on some level, he provides me with a sense of security that I lost when my dog died. Not helpful in this situation, really. But strange noises in the middle of the night don't bother me with a big dog around. I can, of course, get my own big dog once this is resolved.

Comment

People are total crybabies over my preference whatever I like 3D movies or 2D movies. I asked a question in an RPG forum saying do you like 3D movies or non-3D movies. So many people like Non-3D movies and I said I liked 3D movies with glasses because of the graphics and the experience of watching it and one person makes a big deal of my preference of 3D movies. You don't hear me complaining of your preference of watching 2D movies and I respect your opinion of that. I have a right to choose my preference whatever you agree with me or not and I stand by that. What's wrong with people these days anyway?

Comment

Peole are strange,I once saw two guys get in a knock down fight over the proper way to eat GRITS(True story) People are weird sometimes.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  Peole are strange,I once saw two guys get in a knock down fight over the proper way to eat GRITS(True story) People are weird sometimes.
                  Really? Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    Sounds highly entertaining, though.
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

We're painting our new house. We have to do almost all the walls. The previous renters had very... vibrant colored walls. I like colors, but this was just too much. So we painted everything white and then later we'll see if we want some more color.
                      After a week of painting my body feels broken and I have a headache. Today I'm hopefully going to be able to finish the stairs, which had to be sanded and repainted. Monday we're installing laminate flooring on the entire upper level. And then we can finally move in.

I'm so tired of it, but the result is going to be great. We even have a small room left which I can turn into a meditation room and set up my altar. I just have to get through this.

Comment

My best friend could make a better effort to communicate more. I swear I've gotten more consistent responses from dead people. At least they occasionally text first.
                        Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                          My best friend could make a better effort to communicate more. I swear I've gotten more consistent responses from dead people. At least they occasionally text first.
                          My gf's best friends are both very flaky and tend to not respond a lot or cancel a lot. It's so hard to make plans with them. One of them now has two children, so I can kind of understand, but we have a kid too and do a lot of kid friendly things. Shrug. They're great people when we can hang out, but aren't reliable.
                          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

seems to be a bad week concerning crazies,shooting in Pittsburgh.

8 Dead, Several Others Shot At Pittsburgh Synagogue

story here.

what with the bombing thing also,making for a crazy beginning of fall.

I worry because these things seem to target "Groups,Jewish,or other,And as pagans we kind of fall into a group that is misunderstood.,I have heard at times negative remarks concerning pagans,as I imagine you may also have heard.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Are we at the tipping point yet?
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

i wonder

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X