This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

I can only imagine them in our afterlife bugging to go to the gates of heaven.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

but you know they get the special "Been to confession" package deal(comes with the get out of everything card)..and you get the special meal of loves and fishes..
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I hate when people say they are soooooo sick but they got up and went to work or whatever. Or in so much pain but they went hiking. Lemme tell ya, if you're sick you're not able to stay on your feet. And if you're in pain you are in tears just trying to walk or whatever. So shut up.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Its not really a rant but more of a whine... For a country that requires us to have insurance it sure is freakin expensive. I added KP to my insurance at the beginning of the month and now would like to bang my head against the wall for doing it. My insurance payment has not more then doubled. I knew it would go up but I didn't think it would be that much. All I added him to was the health insurance. He has dental and vision already. I'm also ready for our slow season to be over. I don't like money being this tight... alright whine is over.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
          Its not really a rant but more of a whine... For a country that requires us to have insurance it sure is freakin expensive. I added KP to my insurance at the beginning of the month and now would like to bang my head against the wall for doing it. My insurance payment has not more then doubled. I knew it would go up but I didn't think it would be that much. All I added him to was the health insurance. He has dental and vision already. I'm also ready for our slow season to be over. I don't like money being this tight... alright whine is over.
          Can you get financial assistance to cover part of your costs? Here in California when our taxes came last year, many of us got letters stating part or all of our costs could be covered based on our income. I'm so poor, it's all covered.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

This Kim Davis thing annoys me on many levels but one is that, decades ago, I worked for 3 months at a tiny company where I was told to lie to clients. I refused, hence the short tenure. I wasn't locked up, but I sure as heck didn't get famous. I was treated like crap and told I needed to find another job. It was a huge waste of time. These "stand by your principles" things don't work for normal people.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm ready to cry over how expensive college is. There is no reason I should have to pay this much money. The only book I've been able to find free online is a play that's been public domain for years. I really cannot take this. I am being robbed and I'm supposed to thank them for the opportunity.
              “They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
              Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.”
              -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                I'm ready to cry over how expensive college is. There is no reason I should have to pay this much money. The only book I've been able to find free online is a play that's been public domain for years. I really cannot take this. I am being robbed and I'm supposed to thank them for the opportunity.
                I can relate to that. Been sometime since I finished up my degree but I hated the special books and materials I always had to buy. 300-500 for a book that when sold back you might have got 100-150 for at best, all because the instructor wrote the book or updated it and demanded you have it for his / her class. I especially hated the have to have book or item that you never once used in the class.

That doesn't even touch the non-educational expenses that you incur such as housing, food, clothing and maintenance, etc. Being military and going to different schools I avoided a lot of the housing costs but it still got expensive. Have to admit though I did enjoy the fact many of the bases had short terms of 8 weeks vice the on campus term of 16 weeks per class. Still paid the same cost but went to class every day for some or 3 to 4 times a week for others.

Figure pursuing an Associate or Bachelor is one thing the cost really goes crazy when you go for a Master's or Doctorate level degree's. Heck just getting a certificate for many programs it costly enough.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

$500. for a book???? Wow. What a racket. I remember spending about $100. per semester for all my books. (Yeah I know, I'm old.)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                    $500. for a book???? Wow. What a racket. I remember spending about $100. per semester for all my books. (Yeah I know, I'm old.)
                    It was for a history of art class I had to take. Normally the class used an older book that you could get used for about 100 dollars but that particular semester the instructor had updated the book and we could no longer use an older version. Though some of us swore he didn't update it simply made an endorsement for the author and got a proceed from it. I think the school got a lot of complaints because the next semester I recall the price dropped back down and you could use the older version again. Took a heck of a loss when I sold that one back to recoup some of my money. It was the most expensive book I recall having to purchase.

Saw the same thing happen in one of my 300 level history courses. The professor had written a book on Kennedy and we had to have that book for the course. Paid a little over a hundred for the book near as I recall but never once opened the book for the class. That one was through the University of Maryland European Division near as I recall. Another book that you couldn't sell back or pass to someone else to get your money back.

Some of them I kept and other's I've lost over the years either through donations to a library or just gave away. It got to the point that a number of us shopped the university / college's in the local area and would take the same class at a cheaper rate then transfer the credits to another school. Of course that mostly applied to the general education classes that all schools offered not the subject specific classes that were called for for specific degree concentrations.
                    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

So, even though I live at home though in the sable house (an apartment above the sable) care for the horses in the middle of the night and call the vet at all hours of the night as well as train them and teach clients how to ride, I pay rent, buy my own food and clothes and have just acquired my pilots license and officially am on stand by for airfield ( I just got a job doing tourist fly arounds) my mother says I MUST still attend University to obtain my physicist PH.D or I need to move out because, and I quote, " no daughter of her's is going to be a nomadic pilot vagabond that is a paganist. I support her religion choice but not her wayward career". Jewish mother at her finest. My brother agrees and my sister says I can stay in her spare room at her house. What a nightmare! And dad is afraid to tell my mom to ***k off but supports me.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        Can you get financial assistance to cover part of your costs? Here in California when our taxes came last year, many of us got letters stating part or all of our costs could be covered based on our income. I'm so poor, it's all covered.
                        I wish but unfortunately no. We make decent money but no one takes my student loans into account. When he applied for fasfa we were denied because they said we made to much but never mind half of my income goes to paying for my now worthless degree. Yes worthless the school lost its accreditation 2 years after I graduated which means his is also worthless.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Rookie, I'm generally moderately forgiving of screw-ups provided I see ample evidence of effort. However, if you make a habit of bungling relatively easy closing responsibilities so badly that a benevolent description of your efforts results in the general manager telling me to go do the job right then I may be tempted to hang you from the ceiling by a very inconvenient portion of your anatomy. Do not do this again.
                          "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
                          ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

My mail acount has been blocked. My backup mail hasn't been used for years and seems to not exist anymore. So I have to fill out a bunch of questions and wait 24 hours praying it's enough to reopen it... so has my mail been hacked? I doubt it. I did, however, log in from my computer last night - I usually use my phone. That's apparently enough to have it closed...
                            You remind me of the babe
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I use Mozilla Thunderbird,or did..Gmail it seems considers Thunderbird NOT secure enough and so will not allow it to log into my Gmail.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                              X