X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
    I am so sorry. I definitely don't want to see any more of the white stuff any time soon.
    We're suppose to get a 1/2 tonight, and then tomorrow heavy rainstorms. I'll take the rain.

Upside this weekend they are saying high 60's
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

If you are angry at someone or a situation. It doesn't give you the right to be angry at someone else not involved. Jerks.
      ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
        If you are angry at someone or a situation. It doesn't give you the right to be angry at someone else not involved. Jerks.
        Agrees! .. /10char
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Ok I'm a Christian with enough sense knows that the planet Earth isn't flat.

Comment

People who fail forever at keeping secrets shouldn't ask others to keep secrets. The predictable result is that the asking party will inevitably let the secret slip to the detriment of whoever they asked to keep quiet in the first place.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
              People who fail forever at keeping secrets shouldn't ask others to keep secrets. The predictable result is that the asking party will inevitably let the secret slip to the detriment of whoever they asked to keep quiet in the first place.
              Hoo boy, as a frequent confidante, I hear ya! Although on more than one occasion, I'm pretty sure it was intentional in order to
              manipulate a situation, or just be amused by the fallout. I still keep a confidence though. Unless it involves endangering someone else.

Comment

If you give tax breaks to the rich, and tax breaks to the poor, guess who gets to make up the difference?

I do!
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It's not that I'm tired of being the responsible adult amongst the people that I share blood with, but like.

Grow up and stop acting worse than a toddler. One last chance~ Let's see how this goes.
                  ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

When I woke up this morning, my shoulder felt a little stiff - as if I'd slept on it wrong. It quickly escalated into a very deep pain. I took a bunch of Tylenol and that calmed it a bit. Seems a little better now. I hate when something hurts when I didn't do a specific thing to make it hurt! I hope it's gone, or close to gone, by morning. I gotta pack and get my stuff together for Sunday's road trip.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

sorry for your pain hawk much hugs
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Thanks! It's actually much better today. I have no idea what happened!!! Usually a pulled muscle, etc., gets slowly better over several days. Maybe it was a tension "knot" or something. Maybe an angel was sitting on my shoulder. A fat angel! LOL
                        sigpic

Comment

Ants. They are relentless this year. We find a trail and take care of it, then nothing for a little while and then boom, another trail on the opposite end of the house. I think today is the 4th time this year. Ant traps don't seem to do anything. I think we might just hire a pest control company. I'm so done with ants!
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Good luck with the ants, Juniper. We have a few so far (feeding them to the spider). I'm hoping it is a low ant year. We've had bad ones. I am fairly sure that our whole block is a giant ant hill. I actually worry about our foundations a little. For the last few years, they mostly show up about now and then are present, but fairly mild. I guess they are mostly working on a different wing of the anthill.

Comment

My yard is full of the little tiny ones. There are hills and holes all over. They haven't been in the mailbox this year so far, thank goodness, but I've already gotten rid of one colony that was coming in the back door. I use those Terro bait traps.
                              sigpic

Comment

I wish this virus was friggin over with! I feel like shit and I just want to die. I also don't want to go to work while I feel so crappy, but I have to. I just want to get better.
                                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                                X