Page 195 of 201 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2001

Thread: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Quote Originally Posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    It doesn't have to do with thicker skin or "being sensitive". We as moderators have the responsibility to make the forum appropriately comfortable for EVERYONE. If there are people in the forum who don't feel welcome because of someone else's actions, then it's our job to look into it.

You're welcome to disagree. You're welcome to not take it as an insult as well, but not everyone sees it that way (which is, by the way, the beauty of humanity).

If I were called "immature", I personally would be offended. If someone in the forum came to me and complained to me about something you said to them, I would be obligated to take some kind of action to correct that behaviour. Here at PF, we don't jump straight to infractions except for serious issues (or if the person is a repeat offender), but you've got to realize there's a reason your reputation bar is in the red here. It means, at some point, you said something that offended someone else.
    Well, I'm not going to apologize for speaking the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I don't see it your way either because everybody will get offended just about everything these days.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 25 Oct 2019 at 04:55.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Different forums have different cultures. I know forums where an accusation of immaturity is almost never* going to get a mod's attention. By contrast, calling someone out as immature on PF will probably attract my attention but not necessarily merit an immediate response. You are apparently dealing with a forum that handles things more strictly.

* I say almost never because context is king. Calling someone immature while arguing a point on SB is liable to be tolerated. Following them around the boards to call them immature in every thread they appear in or sending a legion of PMs explaining how immature you think someone is will rapidly transition from a light rebuke that none of SB's staff care about into harassment which SB explicitly bans and will get infractions delivered until the behavior stops (either voluntarily or due to infractions tripping a ban trigger).
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Well, I'm not going to apologize for speaking the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I don't see it your way either because everybody will get offended just about everything these days.
    Listen dude. Moderators and admins run this forum. If you don't like the rules, you can always leave. But you do have to follow them. We expect people to be at least minimally polite, which means whether you like it or not, you need to be aware of how offensive your language can be. Using words that indicate someone is less of a person is offensive. And immature is one of those words. And fact of the matter is, if you hurt someone with your words enough, regardless of whether your feel you are "telling the truth", you better be ready to apologize, or face the consequences of that action.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahaku View Post
    Listen dude. Moderators and admins run this forum. If you don't like the rules, you can always leave. But you do have to follow them. We expect people to be at least minimally polite, which means whether you like it or not, you need to be aware of how offensive your language can be. Using words that indicate someone is less of a person is offensive. And immature is one of those words. And fact of the matter is, if you hurt someone with your words enough, regardless of whether your feel you are "telling the truth", you better be ready to apologize, or face the consequences of that action.
    Err, to be fair, he's talking about an infraction received on a different forum. If he was talking about us then this conversation would've ended by now with red text. Making a public spectacle out of infractions is not actually permitted and would've netted an infract by now.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedOne View Post
    Err, to be fair, he's talking about an infraction received on a different forum. If he was talking about us then this conversation would've ended by now with red text. Making a public spectacle out of infractions is not actually permitted and would've netted an infract by now.
    I realize, but if the infraction had happened here, an apology could by required, regardless of whether he felt the comment was true. It's the attitude, which I'm sure he applies equally between forums, that I'm taking issue with.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

I wasn't even talking about this forum, I was talking about another forum.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't even talking about this forum, I was talking about another forum.

- - - Updated - - -

And just for the record. I have no problem with this forum at all.

Aug 2015
    Religion
    Ecletic pagan.
    Phrase
    This too shall pass.

A person in my life told me to "just go to chiropractor and get rid of your anxiety and depression". That, along with the rest of the conversation, was a huge waste of my time and I actually feel stupider for having listened to those words.
    “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...

I decided to have some ice cream a bit ago and now my stomach aches.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    I decided to have some ice cream a bit ago and now my stomach aches.
    Oh no. Are you ok?

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Oh no. Are you ok?
    Yeah. Just been making a lot of bad food choices lately and I think my body is telling me to stop it.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.