Page 137 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1522

Thread: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    ^^^ I think that's a good idea. We had a dedicated thread at one time but I don't remember what happened. I'm very involved and will stay that way but even I need a respite somewhere/time!
    It went to hell in a handbasket like those threads tend to do, and while I'm not a fan of seeing threads burn in flames, it's a lot easier for staff to manage and monitor one place rather than seeing it all over the boards and having to edit multiple topics. It makes us very cranky.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    solitary pagan witch with a strong interest in Anglo Saxons
    Phrase
    Phantom Turnips never die. They just get stewed occasionally....

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Non political rant. The UK has - apparently - a shortage of lettuces. Why does anyone care? I don't eat bloody lettuce in February. I'll eat leeks, carrots, cabbages... and rice pudding which I like. And soup and custard.

But not bloody lettuce. It's too cold!
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
    Non political rant. The UK has - apparently - a shortage of lettuces. Why does anyone care? I don't eat bloody lettuce in February. I'll eat leeks, carrots, cabbages... and rice pudding which I like. And soup and custard.

But not bloody lettuce. It's too cold!
    Mmm custard. Mmm rice pudding! Mmm all the other goodies you mentioned.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    Sneak Attack

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

lettuce is only good as a transport of my ranch dressing.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

I just don't understand internet forums these days. It's all started at another forum. I was just helping a fellow member by cheering him up. He post saying that he was a loser and he didn't have anybody to play D&D in real life. So I PM him saying that he's not a loser. I post a thread about it for the goodness of my heart. Then the whole drama started. The guy who I cheered up with was very upset at me saying that I use my disability to troll people. Then this member who I thought was defending me accusing me for being a troll. I just don't get it I didn't even mentioning his name or anything like that. All I did was posting a good deed in the goodness of my heart and tell about it. I mean what the heck man?!

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Shamanist Witch with heady Celtic notes and a faint wiccan bouquet

Think I'm going to have to stop eating eggs. I don't want to because they're packed with nutrients and I already have a limited diet but I'm sick of finding embryos in them all the time. I know that's what those little red dots connected to the yolk by a ghostly chord are because we studied chicken embryos at various stages of development on my zoology course at uni. I thought eggs weren't fertilised but I guess they aften are. Maybe those of you who keep hens can elaborate on why this is? Is it just that some eggs aren't collected soon enough?

The other day I found one so far along you could see its eyes! It's not very clear and I had to zoom in, but I've included the photo I took.

I'm pro-choice so maybe I'm being hypocritical here (and part of me is thinking 'ooh delicious stem-cells!'), but I'm a vegetarian and find embryos gross anyway (it's no secret that pregnancy freaks me out). I really don't want to be eating them.

I bet this doesn't happen with eggs from caged hens...
    Attached Images
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Where the hell are you getting your eggs that you keep finding this?
    Satan is my spirit animal

Oct 2006
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Where the hell are you getting your eggs that you keep finding this?
    I think it's partially to do with the difference between EU and US egg requirements. They also generally don't refrigerate their eggs over there.
    Sneak Attack

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Shamanist Witch with heady Celtic notes and a faint wiccan bouquet

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    I think it's partially to do with the difference between EU and US egg requirements. They also generally don't refrigerate their eggs over there.
    That would explain it I guess. They probably get away with it because the average consumer doesn't have a degree in zoology.

As you might expect, I buy free range eggs. I don't know if it would be different with caged hens because they don't get a chance to sit on the eggs. I first noticed embryos in eggs about 10 years ago, but it wasn't all the time (I noticed that when it did happen it would be the whole box, which kinda supports the storage temperature theory). These days it's almost every egg I crack open. Not usually as bad as the little guy I found the other day, but always some early signs of embryo development.

It's freaking gross and I'm done with it. I'm going to find out exactly what I'm getting from eggs and see if I can replace it with other things.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Free range might explain things,more chance of being with a rooster. An egg has to be fertilized to create an embryo. There is a school of thought that a fertilized egg is better. And then there is the Chinese 100 year old egg(Not that long really) that has an almost fully grown chick dead inside the shell.

Fertilized eggs as healthy

Free range is considered better than caged as well by some.

- - - Updated - - -

That 100 year old egg thing.

- - - Updated - - -

So,everyone has different taste in eggs.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104