X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    The pat two months have been the stormiest in my memory here in NJ,I had thought august would be calmer,but no,tonight is severe thunderstorms again.
    Give us back our rain! Been too dry here all summer. Raging fires everywhere.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

you can have our storms
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        you can have our storms
        Nah, I don't want the storms. Just the rain.

Although, I've not had any decent storms since I moved out of MI, so... I'll take one. Maybe two.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        Sneak Attack

Comment

lot of flooding also here.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

It has been very hot and dry here, and the western US wildfire smoke makes it hard to breathe. Yesterday we had humidity, and finally a brief thunderstorm. The lightning set off two local fires, but I think the rain helped keep them in check. Today is mildly cooler, and we'll be back to outright roasting again tomorrow. Did I mention our cooling device died of old age a couple of days ago? I hope it is repairable. I don't envy flooding, but a few rainy days would be very welcome.

Comment

ust to let everybody know, I forgot to mention that I've to changed my character name from Robert Rainbow to Robert Raisin.

Comment

I'm beginning to think my car is an accident magnet. I got rear ended this morning and am already in pain.
                Sneak Attack

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                  I'm beginning to think my car is an accident magnet. I got rear ended this morning and am already in pain.
                  Crap! Hope you feel better & the damage isn't too bad (to you or the car).
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post

Aw, crap!

I hate when that happens.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I am glad I no longer drive,(I did it for a living,so was on the road more than the average,but was lucky not to have been in any serious accidents(mainly bumper to bumper things) I did become a VERY defensive driver,kind of having a sixth sense about other drivers.(a lot of freeway driving,and SF city driving) the city could be a real challenge,you needed eyes behind your back to keep up with everything.

- - - Updated - - -

once while driving on the Nimitz I saw a tanker go up,and it melted the roadway they just scrapped the crap,and opened it after about a week,the Nimitz was is a major truck route,I hated driving on it.

See here.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Hope it works out with minimum damage to you and your car as well.

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes. Neither my car or I am too banged up. Haven't taken it in for an estimate yet, waiting until Tuesday because of the holiday, since it's still drive-able. But I am in some pain from the impact. Went to the doc's office and have a followup on Friday where we can really pinpoint the lingering issues and determine a proper treatment plan then since I was still in the very acute phase, yesterday. Neck, upper back and right shoulder are all in pain, as is consistent with seat-belted rear end accidents, just not sure about the extent until things "settle".
                          Shouldn't be too bad though, in any case.
                          Sneak Attack

Comment

glad to hear nothing to very serious,but pain in any amount sucks. feel better soon Juni.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Hello everybody. Rant time: Well today another D&D 3.5 have finally come to a closed for my DM. He said that he will no longer playing the game as DM because of real life issues he needs to deal with. Ok I participated about by 10+ different RPG games mostly D&D 3.5 and most of the games that I play are either dead, inactive or both. Which doesn't seems to be fair in my part or anyone who wanted to play the game very badly all because the DM doesn't want to play anymore. This needs to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                                Hello everybody. Rant time: Well today another D&D 3.5 have finally come to a closed for my DM. He said that he will no longer playing the game as DM because of real life issues he needs to deal with. Ok I participated about by 10+ different RPG games mostly D&D 3.5 and most of the games that I play are either dead, inactive or both. Which doesn't seems to be fair in my part or anyone who wanted to play the game very badly all because the DM doesn't want to play anymore. This needs to stop.
                                So select a new DM from within your group and continue without the old one. Getting pissed at someone because factors in their life preclude devoting extensive time to a game doesn't speak well of you.
                                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X