This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

No, I can't read news about shootings, bombings, whatever acts of terror are happening. I can't. My brain can't take it anymore.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I feel exactly the same way as habbalah

Comment

Yes, it sometimes feels like the world has gone mad, a need to retreat from the insanity.
        Once a man, like the sea I raged;
        Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
        And there is in fact more earth than sea.
        Genesis lyric

Comment

I spent my youth referring to my elders as "Sir" and "Ma'am" and now that it's my turn I get "darlin'" and "hon" from some pimple-faced, mealy-mouthed bagger.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Ugh. I need to find a way to handle the stress about all the things I can't do nothing about.
            "But you'll do just fine, you're so calm."
            Yeah right.
            baah.

Comment

I had a heart arrhythmia episode, so I'm home early and relaxing to get my heart to beat correctly. :=I:
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                I had a heart arrhythmia episode, so I'm home early and relaxing to get my heart to beat correctly. :=I:
                I hope you're OK, I get those too.
                Genesis lyric

Comment

Christmas trees and Santa Claus are not from the biblical story of the birth of Christ. People go on and on about how "no other holiday uses evergreens", and I'm like, "Yule" and they laugh.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Light Sentence Is Barely A Win Rant

I'm going to rant about people get light sentence in prison. This what really pissed me off about this topic. When a person committed a terrible crime (I'm not going to say which crime that person committed) that person is found guility and the judge gives that person a very light sentence. I don't understand why the **** the judge would give that person a light sentence for such a serious crime. Am I missing something? That judge should have give that person a more severe sentence like a life sentence or even death row at that matter. That's my rant.

Comment

"Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death and judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                        Christmas trees and Santa Claus are not from the biblical story of the birth of Christ. People go on and on about how "no other holiday uses evergreens", and I'm like, "Yule" and they laugh.
                        Santa is really Satan though!
                        Genesis lyric

Comment

Originally posted by Porpoise View Post

+ Satan replying to kids' letters.
                          baah.

Comment

Dear PF family,
                            I write this to you as a possible farewell as I could be hopping on the next flight to NC to knowingly commit murder. I just got off the phone with my work wife, whom is coming to see me tomorrow, and she was in tears. See shes dating this guy that I know and approved of before I left NC, and it seems his true colors have come out in the year and few months they have been dating. She has never been ok with her partner smoking. She doesn't like pot and she doesn't like cigarettes,never has, he hid from her that he is a "social smoker" until recently. When she asked him not to smoke he told her if she loved him she would accept him for him and not ask him to change. He also made mention that his Dad smokes and his mom doesn't care if he does so why should she. Also apparently after he goes out and gets sh#$ faced he comes home and becomes belligerent. He yells and screams at her, and tells her how much he hates her(but when hes sober he can't gets his feelings hurt when she doesn't want to spend ALL of her free time with him) This evening he was to go out with his friends and she told him that if he was going to be belligerent and yell at her when he got home he didn't need to get drunk. He went off the handle.

Now I didn't know about him being belligerent until tonight because she was trying to keep quiet about it because she does love him and didn't want anyone to think badly of him. Those are red flags for me. Huge flags, that abusive traits. He is suppose to be leaving soon and so help me if he harms her in any way shape or form physically I will go to jail for murder.
                            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Sometimes people who get really drunk suffer fatal "accidents."

Just an observation...
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Well she texted me when she left and I called her, she was in tears and will be for the next several weeks or months. Her heart hurts but when he left, she said he left thinking they were breaking up because he smokes.... How is someone that oblivious?? I can't say they will stay apart because she does love him and she misses the good times. She knows its for the best but she still hurts. I'm glad shes coming to see me. I can't make everything better but she will have a shoulder to cry on.
                                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Working...
                                X