This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

I think my MIL IS trying to move in with us. She keeps mentioning leaving her car in Mississippi with KP's younger sisters and riding a grey hound up here. But she isn't saying how long she's planning on staying. When Monster was born and she came to visit she didn't want to bring his sisters only to find put her and husband had been separated and she had moved to Arkanasa. In March we found out she had moved back in with the girls and husband. She's not working, she doesn't want to be in Mississippi and I have this gut watching feeling she's going to call any day now with 5 suitcases and say she's staying for a while....
    I don't like this woman. She treated NO like he was a red headed stepchild. He has never been number 1 to her. She lies to him and gets his hopes up, she also likes to try and interfere with our parenting choices. But she wants an escape and she knows he won't turn her down.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

From experience,A good mother-in-law is GOLD...a bad one is just the opposite(when married,my ex's mother was the gold one,my Mother on the other hand was really BAD)
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

His step-mom is gold!! It's his biological one that's not. Mine is also not a great one. She is my mother and I do love her but I can't depend on her for anything. Also for the record I wouldn't let my mother move in with us. She has not had a job in over 10 years and has no intention of getting another one.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          From experience,A good mother-in-law is GOLD...a bad one is just the opposite(when married,my ex's mother was the gold one,my Mother on the other hand was really BAD)
          Same here. My ex-MIL was a doll.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Haha not only is my paternal grandmother a sweetheart to my mother and my maternal grandmother a sweetheart to my father, they actually call *each other* from two states away and seem to be friendly.

Comment

I think I went temporarily insane yesterday. I'm not kidding. Yesterday was just not a good day for me. I felt like there was a lot building inside of me. My dad and I went to my three hour therapy session then we went to Giant Eagle. We came home then I was unloading and to get in we go through the garage. As I opened the door to get in the dogs escaped. I upset my father and myself. He yelled at me and that pretty much set me off. I took groceries upstairs then came back down and took my car and went up the street to Sheetz. If you have Epilepsy, you aren't supposed to drive unless you have been seizure-free for 6 months. So it was dangerous. But I was upset and it felt like everything has been building up on me and I just finally let it out.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Sampling pagan podcasts and came by one called 'Songs from the Goddess' that has decent music and talks about various paths within paganism (although so far, never in much depth). I'd love it but gods this woman has the WORST voice for radio. She's obviously reading from a script and is monotonous and emotionless. Quite a shock to the system when you're used to hyper DeVoe and charismatic Damh talking at you on your podcasts!

At first I wondered if it was one if those computer generated voices that some youtube videos use. But no.. she actually talks like that. She leads a guided meditation in each episode and doesn't even try to sound hypnotic or relaxing. Just keeps talking through her nose in that same damned drone.. ugh.

Also. Maybe it's just to my British ears, but her pronunciation is weird sometimes too. I listened to last year's Beltane episode because I'm at work so missed the group ritual that happened last night and wanted to get in that Beltane spirit. I was wetting myself with laughter when she described this 'sabbit' and the custom of dancing around the 'maple'. I SWEAR she kept saying 'maple' and ot brought up sone amusing mental images of pagans dancing around a bottle of maple syrup.

And still.. and STILL.. I'm like 'yeah it's no Druidcast but it'll do'. ^^'

Really hope she doesn't turn out to be a member of FB!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                I think I went temporarily insane yesterday. I'm not kidding. Yesterday was just not a good day for me. I felt like there was a lot building inside of me. My dad and I went to my three hour therapy session then we went to Giant Eagle. We came home then I was unloading and to get in we go through the garage. As I opened the door to get in the dogs escaped. I upset my father and myself. He yelled at me and that pretty much set me off. I took groceries upstairs then came back down and took my car and went up the street to Sheetz. If you have Epilepsy, you aren't supposed to drive unless you have been seizure-free for 6 months. So it was dangerous. But I was upset and it felt like everything has been building up on me and I just finally let it out.
                I'm really sorry that you're going through all of this. There's obviously nothing I can do to help, but I'm sending out a wish for you to feel better and get a handle on the seizures.
                Last edited by Jembru; 28 Apr 2017, 17:27.
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Against my greatest attempts, my school's Pagan Alliance has dissolved. Losing the advisor every year, difficulty with both club members and staff, lack of attendance, and just plain tedious paperwork have taken their toll. I'm annoyed to have inherited a train wreck and have virtually no assistance in fixing it but, the death knell has long since been silent and there's little I can do. Perhaps if people had actually showed up and supported the discussions and workshops that they expressed massive interest in online, something could've been done.
                  “They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                  Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.”
                  -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                    Against my greatest attempts, my school's Pagan Alliance has dissolved. Losing the advisor every year, difficulty with both club members and staff, lack of attendance, and just plain tedious paperwork have taken their toll. I'm annoyed to have inherited a train wreck and have virtually no assistance in fixing it but, the death knell has long since been silent and there's little I can do. Perhaps if people had actually showed up and supported the discussions and workshops that they expressed massive interest in online, something could've been done.
                    Oh gosh, I share your commiseration there. It's a common theme across a range of situations... people say they want a particular outlet but then don't support it. I hope you aren't too discouraged from trying again in the future. I think it takes a fair bit of drive and vision as well as a few charismatic people to keep stuff like that going. Someone told me once not to give up because pioneering ideas don't always take on the first go. I know this sounds like you've inherited something that's been dead a while, but I hope you can try again some time if and when the stars align again.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                      Oh gosh, I share your commiseration there. It's a common theme across a range of situations... people say they want a particular outlet but then don't support it. I hope you aren't too discouraged from trying again in the future. I think it takes a fair bit of drive and vision as well as a few charismatic people to keep stuff like that going. Someone told me once not to give up because pioneering ideas don't always take on the first go. I know this sounds like you've inherited something that's been dead a while, but I hope you can try again some time if and when the stars align again.
                      The school Im transferring to has a pagan alliance of it's own that was started by a highschool friend of mine so I'm optimistic about it. I still haven't told her that I'm applying but, I expect that to all go well.
                      “They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                      Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.”
                      -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

These people around here want FEMA help now. All that "individual responsibility" stuff went right out the window when their stuff went down the creek.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Apparently everything about me is pre-existing..starting with my two xx.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I think we should have two levels of citizenship--peeps willing to pay a percentage of their income for shit like roads, schools, fire departments, national parks, public radio, and scientific and medical research, etc. and peeps not willing to pay a percentage of their income, whom we charge out the ass for every public thing they use, like roads, schools, fire departments, the radio period (also TVs, the internet, cellphones, etc--all invented by the government or using technology invented or discovered by the government), medications, etc....or they don't effing use them.

You don't want to pay taxes, fine. GTF off my roads.
                            “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
                            ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
                            ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                              I think we should have two levels of citizenship--peeps willing to pay a percentage of their income for shit like roads, schools, fire departments, national parks, public radio, and scientific and medical research, etc. and peeps not willing to pay a percentage of their income, whom we charge out the ass for every public thing they use, like roads, schools, fire departments, the radio period (also TVs, the internet, cellphones, etc--all invented by the government or using technology invented or discovered by the government), medications, etc....or they don't effing use them.

You don't want to pay taxes, fine. GTF off my roads.
                              Maybe it's just because I'm a youngin liberal good fer nutin but I don't get the outrage over taxation. It's not like it's the 18th century. It's my understanding that people aren't being taxed into poverty. Granted our tax system could use some restructuring and simplification, but do people understand how much money a country needs to function?
                              Last edited by Corvus; 10 May 2017, 09:40.
                              -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                                Maybe it's just because I'm a youngin liberal good fer nutin but I don't get the outrage over taxation. It's not like it's the 18th century. It's my understanding that people aren't being taxed into poverty. Granted our tax system could use some restructuring and simplification, but do people understand how much money a country needs to function?
                                Adding on that. Taxes can work perfectly fine without creating poverty. We have quite high taxes. But that just means the poorest part of the population don't have to worry about medical bills, education, child care, income support and so on. Sure some people would have even more money to roll in if they didn't have to pay as much. But the way we see it here it creates more equality, we all have access to the same resources.
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...