This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

So I tried this Paint Ball thing today for the first time, got hit a couple of times. This thing really hurts! Haha, why did I do this to myself? Now I have a bruise on my lower back.
    [4:82]

Comment

My back is killing me right now. And my neck. So done with this day.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I haz to fast again for 12 hours. I'm getting a liver ultrasound in the morning.

I should be Muslim I fast so much during the year.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Sometimes, I have a feeling that the Internet - especially the English-language Internet - is just people shouting at each other and not at all listening.

Also, it seems that the approach is "attack first and ask questions later."

Case in point, a popular vlogger I follow on YouTube and Facebook sarcastically posted a beauty blogger's video about twisting her hair and letting it dry to create curls. Everyone attacked the poor woman for being "racist," but I honestly as a European could NOT freaking understand it. I googled the blogger and she's also European (she's Norwegian). All right, Americans. I get that you have complicated cultural issues about race and beauty. We don't. Here, those are just a modern form of pin curls, and it's absolutely nothing to get in arms about. Put down your freaking pitchforks and leave the poor Norwegian woman alone.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
            Sometimes, I have a feeling that the Internet - especially the English-language Internet - is just people shouting at each other and not at all listening.

You're right. Today, there was a story about a college senior who gave birth and killed the newborn. The comments immediately deteriorated into an argument about abortion, which has nothing to do with it. Trolls just never stop attacking, no matter what the topic.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              So I ordered a laptop cooling pad to be delivered to my neighborhood Walmart market. I always order and get free pick up there. Never had an issue. So I'm like sitting here and thinking 'didn't I order this cooling pad'? So I usually get an e-mail telling me it's time to pick up etc. So I go to my account and see that I did order it.

and it says I picked it up.

But I did not.

I DID NOT!

words. Tomorrow there will be words.
              Call me curious but I wonder how this turned out for you?
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                You're right. Today, there was a story about a college senior who gave birth and killed the newborn. The comments immediately deteriorated into an argument about abortion, which has nothing to do with it. Trolls just never stop attacking, no matter what the topic.
                And you know, I'm guilty of it too. But I'm trying not to be. Because we don't really know the whole story on the internet. Unless we're reading an in-depth piece of investigative journalism (which, let's be honest, is rare on the 'net), it's likely only a part of the story. We don't know exactly why people do or say the things they do, and we don't always understand the cultures they are coming from. But we are so, so quick to brutally attack them.

Every once in a blue moon, this seems somewhat justified (Stanford rapist, anyone?) But mostly, it's an extreme overreaction. Who cares if a Norwegian beauty blogger wants very tight curls in her hair? In what universe does that have to be offensive? And if a woman killed her baby, let the courts deal with her. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

Case in point, a popular vlogger I follow on YouTube and Facebook sarcastically posted a beauty blogger's video about twisting her hair and letting it dry to create curls. Everyone attacked the poor woman for being "racist," but I honestly as a European could NOT freaking understand it. I googled the blogger and she's also European (she's Norwegian). All right, Americans. I get that you have complicated cultural issues about race and beauty. We don't. Here, those are just a modern form of pin curls, and it's absolutely nothing to get in arms about. Put down your freaking pitchforks and leave the poor Norwegian woman alone.
                  I wear my hair in a two strand twist all the time. Never have I gotten crap for it. It's not a racial hairstyle. I learned how to do this to my hair from my grandmother as a kid, along with pin curls and rag rollers. She called it "twining", because it's the same method you use to make twine. I have also heard it called a two-strand twist by some of the ladies I work with
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    I wear my hair in a two strand twist all the time. Never have I gotten crap for it. It's not a racial hairstyle. I learned how to do this to my hair from my grandmother as a kid, along with pin curls and rag rollers. She called it "twining", because it's the same method you use to make twine. I have also heard it called a two-strand twist by some of the ladies I work with
                    Yeah, it just seemed like less organized pin curls to me. But apparently some people take issue with it. The Internet is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                      Call me curious but I wonder how this turned out for you?
                      So oddly a few days later I got an email saying it was not only ready for pick up BUT I was running out of time!

Glitch in the matrix. And the cooling pad works great.

no words no words!

Comment

This is copied from a local forum: Seen some Muslims in Big Lots today.. the women was in The black gowns with only the eyes showing. The men was in white and tan gowns. Why are they here?

'Murika.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much. It's not like we are teaching our kids to feel guilty for being born into their race, that segregation is good, or that we need to judge people by the color of their skin and not the content of their character.
                          Last edited by Denarius; 05 Jul 2016, 19:26.
                          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

lol at posting a tabloid magazine in an attempt to marginalize something completely unrelated.

Comment

How come be bring up the Muslims when there is a terrorist attack in the west?
                              Yet just recently Muslims died by terrorists and nary a word.
                              Tsk tsk.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                                How come be bring up the Muslims when there is a terrorist attack in the west?
                                Yet just recently Muslims died by terrorists and nary a word.
                                Tsk tsk.
                                But is that really much different than the riots and all when a black person is killed by a cop or white person while complete silence and void about the many black on black crimes / murders? Realistically though you could change the race to nearly anything but white and the same would apply. Same as violence within a given community by that community is ignored until it becomes propaganda material to show how they are being maligned or discriminated against.
                                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X