Page 102 of 188 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1876

Thread: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

  1. #1011
    Live and learn anunitu's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    10,927
    Religion
    stregheria

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    I agree Juni,I think perhaps Jem sufferers from an idea that she is responsible for others being happy or sad. Other people just have to learn to deal. You do what you can,and that truly is enough. If you are getting paid to be perfect as in a Job,then you have to ask yourself is this Job so critical that if I am not 100 % right and sharp as a tack,will another persons life be threatened. If it only is property,or other things that are insured,but not life critical then you can be normal in your duties.

    If it is a friend,and you say "I will do this" there should also be the added note of "If I possibly can" all things being considered. Life happens even when we think nothing should or could get in the path of our success.

    All I can say to Jem is,chill lady,your friend will get over herself...
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

    all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.




    http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

    my new page here,let me know what you think.


    nothing but the shadow of what was

  2. #1012
    Supporter Hawkfeathers's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,480
    Gender
    female
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria
    Location
    The Ozarks

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    Apparently the Miss USA pageant happened and was won by the contestant from D.C. who also happens to be African American and in the military. People are actually saying they knew she'd win "because this is Obama's America". So....if Clinton is the next Pres. will they be mad when a yet another woman wins next year? (LOL but.....)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    Is it just me,or does the whole world seem just a tiny bit off kilter?
    Not just you. I sense it, too.
    Last edited by Hawkfeathers; 06 Jun 2016 at 08:15.

    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

  3. #1013
    Supporter kalynraye's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,728
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch
    Location
    Menasha, WI

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    Apparently the Miss USA pageant happened and was won by the contestant from D.C. who also happens to be African American and in the military. People are actually saying they knew she'd win "because this is Obama's America". So....if Clinton is the next Pres. will they be mad when a yet another woman wins next year? (LOL but.....)

    - - - Updated - - -



    Not just you. I sense it, too.
    Who the crap is saying that????? Plenty of black women have won Missouri USA. People need to go jump off a bridge. Seriously. Get your minds right.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also good for her!
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

    "Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

  4. #1014
    Supporter Hawkfeathers's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,480
    Gender
    female
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria
    Location
    The Ozarks

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    Quote Originally Posted by kalynraye View Post
    Who the crap is saying that????? Plenty of black women have won Missouri USA. People need to go jump off a bridge. Seriously. Get your minds right.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also good for her!
    Some miserable bigoted people are saying it. It kind of surprised me, which means I'm not curmudgeonly enough yet.

    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

  5. #1015
    Live and learn anunitu's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    10,927
    Religion
    stregheria

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    Ok,kinda on this track,J. K. Rowling was criticized because in the HP play,Hermione is played by a black actress,and it seems some HP fans had a hissy fit.

    Story here.

    This is the actress.


    Statement by J. K. herself:

    JK Rowling has revealed her frustration at online reaction by “a bunch of racists” to news that the role of Hermione will be played by a black actress in the eagerly awaited new play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

    Darn HP fans went all h. r. puffanstuff...
    Last edited by anunitu; 06 Jun 2016 at 12:34.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

    all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.




    http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

    my new page here,let me know what you think.


    nothing but the shadow of what was

  6. #1016
    Silver Member monsno_leedra's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,616
    Religion
    Shamanic Practitioner & Green / Hedge Witch with Hellenic leanings
    Location
    West Virginia
    Phrase
    Can't never did nothing till it tried!

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    Ok,kinda on this track,J. K. Rowling was criticized because in the HP play,Hermione is played by a black actress,and it seems some HP fans had a hissy fit.

    Story here.

    This is the actress.


    Statement by J. K. herself:

    JK Rowling has revealed her frustration at online reaction by “a bunch of racists” to news that the role of Hermione will be played by a black actress in the eagerly awaited new play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

    Darn HP fans went all h. r. puffanstuff...
    I honestly can understand that one though. Emma Watson has come to be the face of Hermione in book's and film's so that change of her race all of a sudden kills the character that has been built in the public psyche. In some capacity her character doesn't even belong to the author anymore as she has become larger than life to the population that embraced and see her as their's. Might not have the backlash had there been more time between them but this close and you have to expect public outcry.

    I personally think it was a poor move. It's unfair to this new actress for no matter how well she does its not going to be good enough in many ways.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

  7. #1017
    Copper Member EndlessCravings's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    837
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Never Never Land

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    Quote Originally Posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    I honestly can understand that one though. Emma Watson has come to be the face of Hermione in book's and film's so that change of her race all of a sudden kills the character that has been built in the public psyche. In some capacity her character doesn't even belong to the author anymore as she has become larger than life to the population that embraced and see her as their's. Might not have the backlash had there been more time between them but this close and you have to expect public outcry.

    I personally think it was a poor move. It's unfair to this new actress for no matter how well she does its not going to be good enough in many ways.
    Hell yeah it was a poor move. I'm not understanding what they were going for with letting that woman play Hermione. She looks nothing like her or resembles her. At all. Im not saying she had to be a carbon copy but still.
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

    "I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

  8. #1018
    Nihilistic Goddess Medusa's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    10,216
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    Have we seen this actress act in the part of Hermione? No. Hush.
    Satan is my spirit animal

  9. #1019
    Live and learn anunitu's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    10,927
    Religion
    stregheria

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    I thought you were going to be playing in the Gorilla enclosure cause you know they are all really just teddy bears...
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

    all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.




    http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

    my new page here,let me know what you think.


    nothing but the shadow of what was

  10. #1020
    Supporter Hawkfeathers's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,480
    Gender
    female
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria
    Location
    The Ozarks

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    I'm not usually fond of remakes/recasting. Sometimes, like with Zachary Quinto portraying the young Spock, it's time, and to keep a character going, it must be recast. But often, they do this "just because".

    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Similar Threads

  1. THE RANT THREAD!
    By thalassa in forum Catacombs
    Replies: 7833
    Last Post: 05 Sep 2015, 12:16
  2. The Kids Rant Thread
    By Lilium of the Valley in forum Catacombs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08 Sep 2014, 20:08
  3. Job Seekers Rant Thread
    By DanieMarie in forum Catacombs
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 23 Dec 2012, 18:37

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •