Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Quote Originally Posted by kalynraye View Post
    I have never had anyone else complain about it like she did. I have had some women ask me not to call them ma'am because it makes them feel old which again I don't understand because I will call anyone I don't know sir or ma'am.
    It's that old game - "I can't think of anything else to be pissy about, so I'll pick this."

Stupid trick, but it works every time, and there is no defense against it.
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Ecletic Pagan
    Phrase
    There is no mastery--only constant improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    It's that old game - "I can't think of anything else to be pissy about, so I'll pick this."

Stupid trick, but it works every time, and there is no defense against it.
    The best thing to do against people who are mad, especially against people who are losing their mind for no reason, is to be perfectly calm and polite. They will either realize that they're the only one yelling, get embarrassed, and stop, or they'll realize that they're the only one yelling and get frustrated (and look crazy to any other people that are around). Both are hilarious in their own way.
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by habbalah View Post
    I've gotten "don't call me 'ma'am', it makes me feel old" and "don't call me 'sir', I work for a living".
    I don't mind the former and the latter...

"Yes, Seargent!" may or may not get a laugh out of them. I've never had occasion to try it. To my knowledge, the line comes from

https://www.quora.com/What-does-dont...-a-living-mean
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

"Ma'am" never bothered me. What does is if someone has my first & last name, and they call me "Mrs. (last name)". I'm not married, and I've always been a "Ms." anyway.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

The idea is almost universal in the military. The enlisted ranks may pay homage to the officer class but,there is some negative image for about them by enlisted members because blue collar values(real work) vs spoiled money background for officers. Some working class people do get sponsored to the academy but more likely it is based on family connections. Like calling a boatswains mate "Boats" or someone working in the engine room a "Bilge Rat",among enlisted people a pet name. The enlisted ranks is a "Closed club" to officers... Why when I was going to "Hit the beach" with the "Boats" to go drinking and such,an officer asked why he could not come. The boats said he did not drink with "Kids",and the officer,pointing at me said,but he is a "Kid",and the boats said,he has not been a kid since he was 12 years old...working class,born to it!!

- - - Updated - - -

If you are wondering about Navy slang,like a Snipe.

Go here.

If you wonder,a Snipe works in the engineering department.
    Last edited by anunitu; 31 Jul 2016 at 09:42.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

May 2013
    Religion
    Shamanic Practitioner & Green / Hedge Witch with Hellenic leanings
    Phrase
    Can't never did nothing till it tried!

Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    The idea is almost universal in the military. The enlisted ranks may pay homage to the officer class but,there is some negative image for about them by enlisted members because blue collar values(real work) vs spoiled money background for officers. Some working class people do get sponsored to the academy but more likely it is based on family connections. Like calling a boatswains mate "Boats" or someone working in the engine room a "Bilge Rat",among enlisted people a pet name. The enlisted ranks is a "Closed club" to officers... Why when I was going to "Hit the beach" with the "Boats" to go drinking and such,an officer asked why he could not come. The boats said he did not drink with "Kids",and the officer,pointing at me said,but he is a "Kid",and the boats said,he has not been a kid since he was 12 years old...working class,born to it!!

- - - Updated - - -

If you are wondering about Navy slang,like a Snipe.

Go here.

If you wonder,a Snipe works in the engineering department.
    Goes right along with the "What's the difference between an Ensign / 1st LT and an E-2? The E-2 has been promoted already and shown his / her worth!"

I know being a member of the Goat locker there was quite a bit of difference between us and the wardroom.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Lol. My boss calls me Lady all the time. It's a hoot!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

What is so hard to understand about 20 items or less???? You don't go through that line if you have half a basket of crap.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Quote Originally Posted by kalynraye View Post
    What is so hard to understand about 20 items or less???? You don't go through that line if you have half a basket of crap.
    Lol. The couple behind me at Walmart had this exact argument in the express line. Apparently the family in front thought 6 bags of anything was ONE item. So you can imagine the big ass cart going through with a million ONE item groups.

I just had my bike.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Copper Member
    Apr 2014
    Religion
    That one where I can play with live snakes and speak gibberish.

Started smoking again. I'm pretty fucking dumb.