X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
    Dragon, I don't practice karate. I practice Tae Kwon Do. It might not seem a significant difference, but it does mean that I'm not affiliated with any karate school. The master of my school is from Korea. He founded his own school here and we have branches in a few different states now, I believe. We use forms accepted by the ITF and WTF (international and world tae kwon do federations respectively). He recieved his ninth Dan in Korea from a Korean school. I don't know of we're registered through either of those previously mentioned associations, but I don't think we are. And, in my experience, that's not exactly uncommon around here. I did participate in one other school in college. They dropped me back to white belt and their technique and forms were slightly different. The main instructors were much more MMA directed and incorporated kick boxing and karate into the class, even though it was labeled tar kwon do. They weren't associated with either of the organizations I'm familiar with either.
    Shahaku,
    I was actually replying to someone else who brought up that Karate schools accepted the belts conferred by other Dojos. I didn't even know there were Tae Kwon Do associations. I thank you for the information. It will be lodged in my brain now along with all the other knowledge that most people do not care about. I love stuff like that! Joining an affiliation generally gets the teacher and school very little and is often expensive with the initial fees and the annual dues. It is surprising that most schools join them.
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
      Shahaku,
      I was actually replying to someone else who brought up that Karate schools accepted the belts conferred by other Dojos. I didn't even know there were Tae Kwon Do associations. I thank you for the information. It will be lodged in my brain now along with all the other knowledge that most people do not care about. I love stuff like that! Joining an affiliation generally gets the teacher and school very little and is often expensive with the initial fees and the annual dues. It is surprising that most schools join them.
      I apologize. I thought you were responding to me.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Re: Billy Cosby Is A Rapist

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
        Medusa,
        I was being sarcastic when I asked the question. Rape is a very strong subject for me.
        Pressing criminal charges after all this time is really not a good thing. There is simply no evidence remaining.
        Ahh. Okies.

(scoots pitchfork back under bed)
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Dear advertisers on YouTube, please do not make ads that are longer than a minute. It's really unacceptable.

Seriously, I allow ads on YouTube (I usually use a blocker) because I mostly use it to listen to music and I want to support artists, but stuff like this makes it really hard.

Comment

I am so tired of not sleeping. I really wish this insomnia would go away. Work is too busy for me to be awake half the night...

Mostly art.

Comment

Re: Billy Cosby Is A Rapist

As a former victim advocate (asn as someone that has been raped and made the decision not to report it), and having read an extensive amount of research on both false reporting and on serial rapists, I find it incredibly plausible that a) Bill Cosby is a serial rapist, b) that no one has come forward until now, and c) all of these women were actually raped by Bill Cosby. But legally, the burden of proof would be *really* high to meet, if the time period hasn't been exceeded, by this time.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

The MTA Bus Driver Was Very Rude To People

Today I was waiting the bus to go to my outpatient therapist. Then the M96 bus arrive on the street instead of the curb. The lady said I can't get to the bus because it's not the curb. Then the bus driver said So what! Either get to the bus or wait for the next bus. Then the bus driver drove away leaving other passengers behind. I just don't understand why people especially the MTA bus driver was very rude to other people today. >

Comment

Re: The MTA Bus Driver Was Very Rude To People

Because many people are rude. Softly said.
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Why no-one ever told me that having opinions, interests and goals of my own is a) sort if vital for a person b) is so damn hard.
                    baah.

Comment

Why no-one ever told me that having opinions, interests and goals of my own is a) sort if vital for a person b) is so damn hard.
                      I'm 31 and coming to that realization as well. I think I've done more growing up this year than I have my entire life before...
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

City bus,lucky maybe cause this one might drive off a bridge...why...bad day,crappy morning...who knows these days..
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Me-have opinions and also could not even care if the world ends in an hour,just where is my freaking Pizza!!..Getting to old for this.....
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

The driver had a bad day. Don't let that mood spread.
                            baah.

Comment

A Manhattan bus driver rude? No way.

Comment

Opinion is a part of you as a person. Life is complicated, that's why having opinions, interests and goals is hard. I gave up on goals a while ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Same for dreams.
                                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X