Page 194 of 196 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196 LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 1952

Thread: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

  1. #1931
    Silver Member Bartmanhomer's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,058
    Religion
    Christian
    Location
    New York, NY USA

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    Quote Originally Posted by MaskedOne View Post
    Before you get enraged over lobbying, find out what they are lobbying for. Glancing at their annual report for 2018, they pulled in 94 5 million. It's a nice sum at first glance...

    They heavily backed a spending bill that among other things, dropped 2 billion into the National Institutes of Health. That is more than 20 times their 2018 revenue because someone convinced Congress that it was a decent plan and it is not the only or the largest thing that came out of that bill. Research is expensive and the US gov.'t has much, much deeper pockets than Autism Speaks. Lobbying the Feds to throw billions at autism is a smart move when your organization doesn't reliably bring in 100 million a year.
    I did my research and they lobbying money for television rather than research. Also, they promote their message for fear and stigmatized Autistic people.

  2. #1932
    Silver Member Bartmanhomer's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,058
    Religion
    Christian
    Location
    New York, NY USA

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    There this woman who been harassing me on Youtube for a long time. I finally told her that I'm not going to apologize to her and her pathetic curses don't work on me. Then I block her. Knowing that she going to troll me once again. I can't stand stupidity.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 21 Oct 2019 at 15:41.

  3. #1933
    bibliophibian volcaniclastic's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,053
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Location
    Canada
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    I hate my soils class.

    *Whines*
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

    Mostly art.

  4. #1934
    PF Ordo Hereticus MaskedOne's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,869
    Religion
    Jedi
    Location
    elsewhere
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    Quote Originally Posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    I hate my soils class.

    *Whines*
    Boring topic, fail of a teacher, both or neither?
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

    "When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

    Yoda

    Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

    Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

    "But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

    John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

    "You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

    Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis



  5. #1935
    The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    8,309
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Location
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    Quote Originally Posted by MaskedOne View Post
    Boring topic, fail of a teacher, both or neither?

    Prolly bad teacher. How could a "soils" class be boring?
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

    I can't do everything, but I can do something.

  6. #1936
    bibliophibian volcaniclastic's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,053
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Location
    Canada
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    Quote Originally Posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Prolly bad teacher. How could a "soils" class be boring?
    Okay, so straight up soils can be boring. Sediments aren't nearly as cool as their parent materials.

    But no. It's the instructor. It's his first time teaching first year and the class keeps accidentally becoming soils 401 instead of soils 101.

    And I'm drowning under a mountain of work I don't understand. And next week we have both our lecture and lab midterms, totaling 45% of our total grade. So ya know, next Tuesday will make or break me in this class.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

    Mostly art.

  7. #1937
    Silver Member Bartmanhomer's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,058
    Religion
    Christian
    Location
    New York, NY USA

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    Today At RPG webcomic another forum. I received an infraction all because I was being civil and honest about what I said. You see the fraction was that I said about some people are just too immature and can't handle a difference of opinions and they consider that flaming/trolling. How is that flaming/trolling?! I wasn't insulting anybody at that forum? I was being civil and speak my honest truth about opinions. I didn't say anything wrong. I was just speaking my honest two cents in the topic and in my eyes I feel like that the infraction was completely unfair. So I made the complaint to an admin about it in PM.

    - - - Updated - - -

    So anyway the admin responded and said that action was appropriate. Obviously Immature is considered an insult to the forum. I reply back by saying that I strongly disagreed with that decision and I'm not sorry for not speaking my mind about it. That forum is just touchy to handle a simple word.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also the admin say that the word "too sensitive" and "too immature" is a triggered word in that forum. Obviously the forum rules makes no sense.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 24 Oct 2019 at 13:43.

  8. #1938
    bibliophibian volcaniclastic's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,053
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Location
    Canada
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Today At RPG webcomic another forum. I received an infraction all because I was being civil and honest about what I said. You see the fraction was that I said about some people are just too immature and can't handle a difference of opinions and they consider that flaming/trolling. How is that flaming/trolling?! I wasn't insulting anybody at that forum? I was being civil and speak my honest truth about opinions. I didn't say anything wrong. I was just speaking my honest two cents in the topic and in my eyes I feel like that the infraction was completely unfair. So I made the complaint to an admin about it in PM.

    - - - Updated - - -

    So anyway the admin responded and said that action was appropriate. Obviously Immature is considered an insult to the forum. I reply back by saying that I strongly disagreed with that decision and I'm not sorry for not speaking my mind about it. That forum is just touchy to handle a simple word.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also the admin say that the word "too sensitive" and "too immature" is a triggered word in that forum. Obviously the forum rules makes no sense.
    Immature is considered an insult in a lot of contexts. When we are managing and moderating a forum, we have to cater to the lowest common denominator. I wouldn't allow you to say things here that would be considered trigger items, either.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

    Mostly art.

  9. #1939
    Silver Member Bartmanhomer's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,058
    Religion
    Christian
    Location
    New York, NY USA

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    Quote Originally Posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    Immature is considered an insult in a lot of contexts. When we are managing and moderating a forum, we have to cater to the lowest common denominator. I wouldn't allow you to say things here that would be considered trigger items, either.
    I strongly disagree. Sorry but not sorry I don't really see it as an insult.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also I thoughts forums supposed to have a much thicker skin to handled such a word which really proves my point and I was right about it.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 24 Oct 2019 at 20:19.

  10. #1940
    bibliophibian volcaniclastic's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,053
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Location
    Canada
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I strongly disagree. Sorry but not sorry I don't really see it as an insult.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also I thoughts forums supposed to have a much thicker skin to handled such a word which really proves my point and I was right about it.
    It doesn't have to do with thicker skin or "being sensitive". We as moderators have the responsibility to make the forum appropriately comfortable for EVERYONE. If there are people in the forum who don't feel welcome because of someone else's actions, then it's our job to look into it.

    You're welcome to disagree. You're welcome to not take it as an insult as well, but not everyone sees it that way (which is, by the way, the beauty of humanity).

    If I were called "immature", I personally would be offended. If someone in the forum came to me and complained to me about something you said to them, I would be obligated to take some kind of action to correct that behaviour. Here at PF, we don't jump straight to infractions except for serious issues (or if the person is a repeat offender), but you've got to realize there's a reason your reputation bar is in the red here. It means, at some point, you said something that offended someone else.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

    Mostly art.

Similar Threads

  1. THE RANT THREAD!
    By thalassa in forum Catacombs
    Replies: 7833
    Last Post: 05 Sep 2015, 12:16
  2. The Kids Rant Thread
    By Lilium of the Valley in forum Catacombs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08 Sep 2014, 20:08
  3. Job Seekers Rant Thread
    By DanieMarie in forum Catacombs
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 23 Dec 2012, 18:37

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •