X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Iris,
    I can empathize with you. My dad died of a "non specific" cancer. It was found just a month after he had had X-rays of his back for headaches. When the discovered the tumor on his back they reexamined the original X-rays closely and there was no sign of it at all. During radiation treatments the tumor tripled in size and less than six months later he was dead. I watched my very active engineer dad turn into a wasted body and mind. It was hard mostly because we had only reconciled a few years before after my rebellious childhood. I am glad that it isn't your father but losing uncles can be just as hard.
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I've been taking a poll here at work, and barely anyone knows who the following are:

Boris Karloff
      Lan Chaney
      Wes Craven
      Vincent Price

What a sad, sad state we are in.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
        I've been taking a poll here at work, and barely anyone knows who the following are:

Boris Karloff
        Lan Chaney
        Wes Craven
        Vincent Price

Oh, come on now, he did very little in my lifetime but even I know who Vincent Price is! Everyone should know who Vincent Price is!
        I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
        Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
        But that day you know I left my money
        And I thought of you only
        All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Boris Karloff
          Lan Chaney
          Wes Craven
          Vincent Price

Well I know who Lon Chaney is. Did the werewolf movies for universal as Mr Lawrence (Larry) Talburt. However never heard of Lan Chaney. Think Wes is best known for the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. I know what you mean about people not knowing though.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Wes Craven just died recently...
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Okay, yeah. I misspelled it. But actually London Chaney didn't do the Wolfman movies. He was the Phantom of the Opera, Quasimodo, and a number of other "twisted" type characters. Lon Chaney JR was the wolfman.

Comment

Okay, yeah. I misspelled it. But actually London Chaney didn't do the Wolfman movies. He was the Phantom of the Opera, Quasimodo, and a number of other "twisted" type characters. Lon Chaney JR was the wolfman.
                Ok your talking about Sr. I figure even fewer know who he is so I tend to think about Jr automatically. Want to say Sr is the one called a man of a thousand faces but don't quote me on that been to long since I looked him up. Just recall he was a silent era film star

Comment

Yes Lon Chaney,the man of a thousand faces as he was known..He did amazing transformations using ONLY the muscles of his face,and makeup. Senior that is.
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lon_Chaney

- - - Updated - - -

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	house1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	571.9 KB
ID:	353114

My favorite Vincent Price film...

Although the remake was entertaining with it's ersatz V. Price...
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

As a kid,that movie scared the crap out of me..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

The Tingler I think is the one they had some theatre's rigged so you could feel it. I always preferred THE RAVEN sort of campy and all but still that or Dr. Phibes

Comment

Yeh,it was the tingler where they tossed rubber ones from the balcony.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            Yeh,it was the tingler where they tossed rubber ones from the balcony.
                            They had the seats wired and ran a little charge at the scary part. The Tingler was also the first movie to mention LSD.

Comment

Hearing anything about a Zombie Apocalypse....

Comment

I got two questions confused and answered them backwards on my quiz tonight and I'm so pissed at myself once I realized what happened. Such a stupid mistake. I think being in a cadaver lab for an hour before hand scrambled my brain.

I'm not happy. At all. I've also been at work since six this morning. I'm tired and very cranky. And I still have an hour of class to go.
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X