• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

I have ear infection. Boo.

Comment

I think for the first time in my life I can say that there is no place, or need in my heart for the Christianity I've known so well.

I've found inner peace and fulfillment without it. I'm ready to wholly embrace new ideas.

Comment

Got invited to the bar last night. Wasn't feeling well, but wanted to say hello to people. Ordered water. That's unrelated. While I'm sitting there, a really good friend of mine from university back home walks into the bar, sits down at our table, knows everyone, and say she's been living up here for four months.

...and instead of being happy to see an old friend, I caught myself feeling anxious and off-guard and a little bit pissed, that we were great friends all through university, and when I got rid of Facebook, I never heard from her again. I don't even want to be her friend now. And I was mad that she is somehow friends with my friends.

You don't have a right to live up here. This is my town. I moved here.

And then I was worried that I looked exactly the same to her, and that nothing had changed. Until I went home, and looked in the mirror, and realized that nothing is the same as it was back then.

But I don't know why I'm mad. She didn't do anything. I think I'm just mad that my old life is encroaching on my new one. This is the second university friend I've found up here this year. ...and how are they getting the jobs I can't find?

Mostly art.

Comment

My brother in law is trying to pass off his dachshund/rat terrier puppies as full blooded, and even offering to sale them with papers. If he manages to make money off them, I'm afraid he's going to try to serial breed his dog in order to make more. He's a crappy pet owner, and will never learn from his mistakes. He lost his job because apparently he stole about 4500 worth of stuff, but he claims they are just bullying him. Yeah right. Urgh. If his dog gets pregnant again my husband and I are definitely taking the dog and finding it a good home. Serial breeders/backyard breeders in general anger me, but for him to do it is just rage inducing.
          ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

If you need me to do something RIGHT THIS SECOND, then tell me RIGHT THIS SECOND. I didn't know that waiting ten minutes until I finished something first would throw such a wrench in your plans.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Boss calls me in early (it's was raining and I had to take the buses to work. bleh).
              Closing manager wants me to stay later.
              You have 8.5 hours of me and then it's over. Figure it out!
              I can't be both your Gal Fridays!
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Husband just called and said that he just walk out of his job. Again. WWhy can't you keep a job, we were so close and now we are back at square 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenny View Post
                  Husband just called and said that he just walk out of his job. Again. WWhy can't you keep a job, we were so close and now we are back at square 1.
                  I'm sorry to hear that. My wife recently did the same, and boy was it poor timing.

I want her to really be happy, and fulfilled in life though, so I'll try and make it work.

What is it your husband is upset with, looking for?

Comment

Thing is,no one really likes their job(There might be a few,but not many) and a job is needed even if you are not all that happy(Also rule number 1,if you want to quit,ALWAYS have another job waiting) It sucks having no job,and looking desperately as the money runs out.

Just my thoughts(Have been there,done that BTW)(But only once)

Also,when you become desperate for a job,you end up in a crap job,and it becomes a cycle.
                    Plan ahead as to where you want to be in a working environment.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      Thing is,no one really likes their job(There might be a few,but not many) and a job is needed even if you are not all that happy(Also rule number 1,if you want to quit,ALWAYS have another job waiting) It sucks having no job,and looking desperately as the money runs out.

I'm lucky in that I don't dislike my job. Its not particularly fulfilling, its definately not something I feel "called" to do. But...its important, there is a value to it (other than the money I make), and it has good benefits. Some days are better than others, some days are worse than others...but the people are mostly cool, and its variable---some time in the office, some time in the field, so complaining would make me a bit of a jerk.

This makes me particularly bummed that I will (for the first time ever) be quitting a job without a job to replace it. Although, that has been moved back from October to December...so I have more time to find a job. Unless I got that job I applied for...still no word.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wenny View Post
                        Again?

This is a habit?
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
                          I'm sorry to hear that. My wife recently did the same, and boy was it poor timing.

I want her to really be happy, and fulfilled in life though, so I'll try and make it work.

What is it your husband is upset with, looking for?
                          He was upset how his boss was handling his vacations. Like he just went on a cruise and then he was suppose to be here 2 days then go on another vacation. He then has like 200 packages to sort and his boss wasn't help so they were behind. He said he just got so frustrated that he walked out.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          Again?

This is a habit?
                          As much as I want to make excuse and saying just a string of bad bosses. Yes. This 2nd time he walk out.

Comment

That kind of behavior sounds a bit immature...
                            But I have limited information. If this is habitual behavior perhaps some counseling could help.
                            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Sigh. My din din was a disaster. The rice was too dry. So I went with a quesadilla. I put too much butter or something. I dunno. My cooking skills pretty much sucked tonight.

meep!
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Davidsfarm: Pedophile

I know it's old news but I just wanted to get his my chest. There's used to be a famous Youtuber called Davidsfarm. He's a car mechanic and do hilarious stunts until a TV show called 16:9 the bigger picture exposed Davidsfarm as a pedophile. Here's the link to the video for more information: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io04kjf-Rgk Anyway they found out that he's got a criminal record for molesting young boys and he's sentence one year in prison back in the early 1990s. This was really pissed me out why on earth was he charged with a lesser sentence? This doesn't make any sense, they should have him sentenced for life!

Comment

Working...
                                X