This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

So my doc prescribed me Lipitor to help with my cholesterol. I was taking Simvastatin. I get to the Walmart pharmacy and they are like so we didn't have the Lipitor. Here is Zorcor.

It's Simvastatin.

Stupid pharmacy.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

My boss called out sick. I worked 10 am to 8:15 pm. I had an hour lunch at 1:30 pm. I didn't quite make it to the end of the night. I started getting the shakes at work doing closing paperwork. Thankfully I had emergency candy in my purse and I drank a small cup of orange soda in the work fridge. Thankfully also Kevin gave me a ride home.
      meep. I'm pooped. And I have to go back at 1:30 tomorrow.
      meep meep.

Comment

Last monday I got a phone call that someone had ALL of my information(except my married name???) and had opened two c.c in my name(maiden not married) and were late on the payments. I have spent the last week trying to get that straightened out. I finally got everything locked out that I could and alerts on my credit and all that good stuff and last night I got a phone call they were trying to open another credit card. I said no, they were denied and I got the damn email address they are using to sign up for the credit cards... its MY NAME. So rather right or wrong, stupid or not I wrote them an email and told them what I thought of them. I also reported the email address as impersonation. I am not normally one for revenge but I am all for it in this case!!!

We have been busting our a#* to get out of debt and not ruin our credit and thats exactly what this person is out to do.. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I could punch someone in the face.

Also the contracting company that I work for being a personal chef is trying to stiff me on my money. First they didn't reimburse me for 2 weeks on groceries because I didn't want to pick up another client and now I didn't get paid yesterday. I have the feeling I'm giving my notice.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I found out they discontinued the ONLY foundation I found to work on my dry face.

I'm going to slit my wrist.

ok. I'm going shopping for some new foundation.

Seriously. Stressed out of my mind.

Comment

^^^ I hate when things I like get discontinued. I have a drawer full of new bras because I found one I really like, so I bought a bunch. I know it'll be discontinued eventually. Same thing with sneakers (running shoes, whatever you call them).
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I find that happens s you get older..I have more than a few things that I always bought,that are now no longer made,OR the quality went south. I have a folding knife I have had for well over 30 years that I can not replace. It is a Schrade Bear Paw..the person who made them retired and no one wanted to take over the business. They are now made in Vietnam and the quality is not even close to the one I have.

Pic
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

So the following people have been sick at work:
                Vanessa, Danny,Cluadia, Lizette,Kevin,Josh, and finally Alice. She actually has bronchitis very badly but got pills and is still working. I have told these people to NOT come to work when you are sick. Specifically when we all receive pto and sick time on our checks. So it's not like I'm asking you to lose pay.

And yet they come to work. Hacking their lungs and crap cooties all over the place.

For two days I've had the dryest nose and clogged up nose, simultaneously mind you. I can't quite smell at times. And now my mouth is dry from being unable to breath properly. And I feel a bit achy.

If I get sick I'm spreading my cooties all right back at them!

And for me it's not like I can go to Walgreens and pick up some cough medicine. I can't take otc cold remedies of any kind due to all the meds I already take etc. I'm disgruntled.

Comment

Have been there when I worked Duce,freaking people act like the world will end if they stay home...then everybody gets sick..have seen that happen a few times,just spreads like wild fire.. I stayed home when I was sick,as working in the mail room I hit the whole company throughout the day.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

My rant for today is that I'm afraid where our planet and humanity are going. People pay to much attention to technology and they forget about nature. Plus all the stuff with Hamas and Daesh... It worries me.
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Welcome to the world Gleb,over the years I have been through stuff,like the cold war(fear of nukes) middle east stuff(6 day war) Vietnam,and other ones like Iraq..Nothing really new under the sun they come and they go.

This is what we watched back in the day,with the cold war.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I can only say the world can learn a lot from Buddhism.
                        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I would not hold my breath for the world to change for the better...One can hope,but a lot of nutters out around the world.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            Have been there when I worked Duce,freaking people act like the world will end if they stay home...then everybody gets sick..have seen that happen a few times,just spreads like wild fire.. I stayed home when I was sick,as working in the mail room I hit the whole company throughout the day.
                            I always hated the fact people say stay home when sick then the businesses are the ones that hound you when you do. Don't know how many times a boss has told me to come in only to send me home about mid-day. Then yearly council session and to many sick days, to much time off, etc . Really didn't matter if it was public sector, government sector or military. yes I know military is government but still different in how they work many times.

I recall I had pneumonia once and took some cold tablets and tried to sleep vice going to sick call / medical. Woke up late and supervisor wrote me up for being late. Said the heck with it and went to sick call next morning and got put sick in quarters for 3 days. So much for trying to be there for the section when I was the only other qualified person. Funny watching the blame game passing who was responsible for that write up. Made a lot of people upset because I was wrote up in the end because he had given one of the females the night off because she was having a bad period. Her period was seen as more pressing than my pneumonia.

On a side note though that female caught hell from the other women in the section. Sad part all of them sort of caught hell from the guys int he section.
                            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I personally believe that your name is one of the most important things you own. It is yours wholly and completely. You are your name and your name is you. I make an effort to learn people's name and say it correctly as people have a really hard time saying Kalyn correctly. I understand other people's annoyance when their name is said incorrectly, and really make an effort to get theirs right. If I don't know it, I ask, if I'm not sure how to pronounce I ask. Or if I don't know it and am in a hurry I substitute ma'am or sir and go on. This might seem like to much detail but its really been bothering me. I have worked at my job now for a month and a half, and people here have made NO effort to learn mine. They will talk over me, ignore me, or ask someone else to ask me something because they don't know my damn name!

I wear a name tag, you can't miss it. I was called Ashley today. My name doesn't look anything like ASHLEY. Nor does Ashley work in my department or look like me or is near my age, or behave like me. The women just pulled a name out of the air. I did correct her and she laughed it off and was like "Oh yeah Ashley works upstairs.."

*where is my kit kat bar. I need it today.
                              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I locked my bike up at McDonald's while I went in to have dinner after work. Came back and some jerk stole my lunch bag. I had left over chiliquias and some blackberries. I seriously hope they choke on it. Even if it's a person who needed to eat. I hope you die of food poisoning.

Comment

Working...
                                X