This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Feeling so frustrated. I'm looking for a new job at the moment because I'm really sick of the insecurity of freelance work. But it seems like half the jobs available in my field are only open to Dutch/Swedish/Danish/Czech/Portuguese/Polish/Other Minority European Language native speakers, or at least people who are fluent in a secondary language that isn't English, German, French, Spanish or Italian (not that I speak the last two, or even French fluently). I love this city, but I hate the work opportunities. Despite all the buzz and the fact that it's the freaking capital of a country with a low unemployment rate the fact that it's the capital of THE largest economy in Europe, and the capital of one of the largest economies in the freaking WORLD, we still can't push our own unemployment rate much below 10%, and the jobs that do exist kind of suck. Something is rotten in the state of Berlin.

Comment

No offense to any baby boomers here, because I'm not friends with any of you on Facebook and I don't know what you share on there, but gahhhh.....the stuff your generation shares on social media. It's like they discovered annoying chain emails in 1995 and then brought it all to the new medium.

Comment

I am I think a boomer,but I share NOTHING generally..The 70's made me paranoid anyway...Perhaps I am not a typical boomer though..
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          I am I think a boomer,but I share NOTHING generally..The 70's made me paranoid anyway...Perhaps I am not a typical boomer though..
          You just shared that.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
            No offense to any baby boomers here, because I'm not friends with any of you on Facebook and I don't know what you share on there, but gahhhh.....the stuff your generation shares on social media. It's like they discovered annoying chain emails in 1995 and then brought it all to the new medium.
            Very off topic video but the opening point made about the written word in the boomer generation is pretty on point.

"In their generation the written word you could trust."

Nick Saban knew something that the rest of the football world didn't - Lane Kiffin is a wonderful coach. SUBSCRIBE to get all the latest content from The Her...

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
              Very off topic video but the opening point made about the written word in the boomer generation is pretty on point.

"In their generation the written word you could trust."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvIhPMGiAVs
              Haha oh god, yes, that too. I mostly meant all of the irritating "repost this" stuff they share, but that's definitely true. Even my parents sometimes fall into that, and they're really Internet/media savvy (my dad was into Usenet newsgroups before the web was a big thing). Every once in a while, one of them will post something, and I'll have to be like "Dad, it's Mind Unleashed...you can't believe anything you read on Mind Unleashed" (or whatever).

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                You just shared that.
                And so now I must kill you,to keep our democracy safe for the future..nothing personal,its just good business(Think Pirates of the Caribbean and East India company)

- - - Updated - - -

Also wondering about Kalamazoo and the shooting that happened,Are you B. De. in Michigan. Was that close to you?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

This is so petty, I know. How old am I again? Two pimples on my face. I bought a new foundation (remember they discontinued my old one?) and the liquid just clogged my pores and sorta got oily later in the day. And it's the same brand in the same shade. But it gave me a slight orange line around my face no matter how well I blended that sucker in! So then I went back to my old brand and product. It has a different formula. It's a lot drier on my face. So tomorrow I'm going to try the Covergirl Oil of Olay one. It's like the mouse one I had, so I'm hoping this will work. If not I'm going to wear a paper bag over my head....but at least I found a good eye primer. Meh. :=I:
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

My head is hurting. Having a hard time focusing on doing my job.
                    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Goku Vs. Superman Death Battle Both Fights Rant

Tonight I'm going to rant about both fights of Goku Vs. Superman Death Battle. In my opinion, I believe that both fights were very unfair. For starters in the first fight, the speed for both fighter were too evenly matched. Goku is a lot faster than Superman. In the second fight when Goku uses his Kamehameha on Superman, it didn't even faze him. He was invulnerable to Goku attack. So I say both death battles of Goku Vs. Superman was completely unfair.

Comment

My sister called the police tonight and asked them for the CPS number. My mom and my sister got into it tonight about my sister's hair. My mom did my sisters hair and she thinks it's ugly so they both got into it and some issues happened. My sister went to the bathroom and started crying talking about "i cant deal with this anymore The choking, slamming me against the wall" and I was like "She doesn't even hit us." But she said it doesn't matter because I haven't experienced the things she has. She makes everyone in the house pissed off and can't handle her emotions. She's bipolar, or something along those lines. She knows she can leave and stay with her "real" dad if she freaking wants to. No one is making her stay here. It's ridiculous. When everyone in the house tolerates you, it's not them, it's you. I know my mom is invalidating and cussing all the time and says stupid bs but she can't laugh it off. And 99% of the time it's just a joke. We playfully talk shiz in this family and all she does is cry, get mad, talk about how she wants to leave. I hate her. I know it's a "big" word but I seriously hate her. I actually care for her for some odd reason, yet, every day I think she's going to kill herself because she can't handle her business. I've told my parents she can't handle her emotions and she should get some help and all they say is she's crazy. She's a child in a woman's body. I just stay in my room and do me because we fight excessively.

-Thought about posting this in the what are you thinking about thread but realized it was a rant.
                        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

What the hay with the weather..had severe thunder storm watch and warning,also tornado watch for the whole state..and high wind warnings..and it isn't even spring yet,still Feb.

If this is global warming,then stop it please!!!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I got my fan on sweeping the room. But at about 2am I'm going to be freezing. Thus the turning on of the electric blankee.

My body temp is so confused. It thought hibernating and hair growth was in. But now I'ma need to shave my legs for summer/Feb.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Snow beginning at 4pm yesterday. This morning, drifts 4 feet high.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	353266

(Not part of rant - Snow Day! - but included as additional info because, you know, Yin/Yang.)
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Yup,ying-yang indeed...did I mention last night it was 61 degrees also here in Jersey..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X