X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    He's sexy, that's why.
    LOL! I meant something completely different this comment just attached to the previous one
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Regardless, facts are facts.

Comment

You need to be low income. Through California LifeLine I qualified for a free phone and service plan. Go poor me!
        I'm not sure if there is a program like that around here, but if there is, I'm sure it's just as much of a pain, and they probably offer the worst possible device and service. Everything in Hawaii is either really slow, overly complicated, or both.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

I don't know when it started but my wrist is sprained or pinched or something. While at work I started feeling like a pinch and my wrist would become weak if I moved it in a certain way. I could life stuff with my arm with my wrist straight. But I can't lift a sheet of paper or write. I sent an employee next door to get me an Ace bandage and my other co-worker wrapped it up for me. I was able to ride my bike home while holding the bar straight. No issues. But it's pretty tweaked. Thankfully I'm off for the next few days. Which is great because I couldn't pull up my pants or my undies after the bathroom!

Sigh. I have the bandage off for bed time.
          :='(:
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The wrist thing sounds a bit like a Ganglion cyst(I had one because I worked with my hands a lot)

Read here about them.

They can be very painful. There are several ways they are treated,I had a minor surgery,BUT after I did that I found some doctors use a much simpler fix.

- - - Updated - - -

They can stick a needle in it(It is a liquid sack pressing on a nerve) it can come and go depending on your system. You can qualify for workers Comp because it might be considered on the job injury.(as in doctor covered)

- - - Updated - - -

also try a cold compress that will shrink the liquid sack and relieve the pressure. Hot will expand it,and make it worse for pain.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I don't know when it started but my wrist is sprained or pinched or something. While at work I started feeling like a pinch and my wrist would become weak if I moved it in a certain way. I could life stuff with my arm with my wrist straight. But I can't lift a sheet of paper or write. I sent an employee next door to get me an Ace bandage and my other co-worker wrapped it up for me. I was able to ride my bike home while holding the bar straight. No issues. But it's pretty tweaked. Thankfully I'm off for the next few days. Which is great because I couldn't pull up my pants or my undies after the bathroom!

Sigh. I have the bandage off for bed time.
              :='(:
              If it is a Ganglion cyst, they used to be treated by being hit by a heavy book. This would pop the cyst. It can damage the tissue around it to do it that way, so I'm not recommending it.
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Not a cyst. Pretty sure I pinched or sprained a nerve. It's a bit better. I've kept it wrapped when I've been moving about. But it's just left alone for now. I can brush my hair and pull my pants up. But I can't unscrew a diet dr pepper bottle or type too well. I'm doing the peck and stab straight wrist motion. I notice it's sore mostly in the pinky and wrist area below the pinky. Up/down side to side no issues. Just grasping.

Comment

Might be a tendon,carpel tunnel thing..as you age(My ganglion cyst came in my mid 40's) As you age,you may find other issues popping up. Arthritis can hit even at a young age.
                  I used those wrist braces for a while. But age always wins out.

- - - Updated - - -

I get nasty cramps in that area from time to time,and also just a nasty pain in my finger joints too. I only use Tylenol(Generic) because the other OTC pain stuff can cause stomach bleeding. Toss up when you hit my age range.

- - - Updated - - -

Pic of wrist brace,they come in many styles.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I'm currently sorta wrapped that way with my ace bandage. To keep me from moving it funny. I had an ex who had the carpel tunnel syndrome and had surgery on it.

I just got the sprain. Stop trying to give me cancer!

Comment

Don't you know you are not supposed to use the "C" word,some people are very superstitious

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I'm currently sorta wrapped that way with my ace bandage. To keep me from moving it funny. I had an ex who had the carpel tunnel syndrome and had surgery on it.

I just got the sprain. Stop trying to give me cancer!
                        I know you didn't really ask for this but here it is anyway. I would recommend seeing a chiropractor about that. They would be able to diagnose if it's a pinched nerve or a cranky muscle/tendon. Depending on the findings, they could treat it or may refer massage. MTs are better at treating soft tissue but a chiro can treat pinched nerves better and can realign joints, if that is what's causing the weakness. Plus MTs aren't allowed to diagnose. Carpal Tunnel syndrome could be a real reason. Any kind of repetitive movement can cause long term adverse effects if not occasionally looked at and/or cared for. Especially as we age.

And *usually* chiros are cheaper than a doctor's visit - though this depends on an individual's medical plan or medical accessibility - and are less likely to just give you anti inflammatory drugs, which generally just treat the symptom not the cause. It could be fixable with a simple change of body mechanics.

Either way, reduced and/or painful mobility should get addressed if it doesn't resolve on its own within a week or two. Time frame does depend on the actual issue. Since this is affecting your ability to do your job and get around from place to place as efficiently as before, and you aren't sure what caused it, I'd say go sooner than later.

Ok I'm done.

I'm also curious which movement is causing these symptoms. (believe it or not, I'm trying not to geek out)
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Our legal system needs a few changes. 3 young men have been cleared from rape charges, because it was deemed that the drunk, diabeitc, very ill and almost unconcious from lack of insulin, girl didn't explicitly say no. They got away because, and I quote (translated) 'she didn't stop them and therefore the boys must assume that she was willing.'. I'm furious.
                          You remind me of the babe
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                            Our legal system needs a few changes. 3 young men have been cleared from rape charges, because it was deemed that the drunk, diabeitc, very ill and almost unconcious from lack of insulin, girl didn't explicitly say no. They got away because, and I quote (translated) 'she didn't stop them and therefore the boys must assume that she was willing.'. I'm furious.
                            In the US that is no longer a defense. A person has to explicitly say "yes."
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              In the US that is no longer a defense. A person has to explicitly say "yes."
                              As it should be.
                              You remind me of the babe
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

If you can not say no,then it should be implied that it is an automatic NO!!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X