This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

I think I'm coming down with a cold. Or fighting it off.
    Last night in bed I could not get warm. Even with a half heated heating blanket. Ended up with a shirt, leggings, a full cardigan sweater, a sheet, blanket, comforter and a throw blankee. Still felt like poo.

My throat is sore and one tonsil is slightly swollen, making it hard to swallow.

I'm going to dieeeeeee.

I just wanted to whine because I usually don't. And I have to go to work now. :=(:
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

My job is shutting down. Guess I have to start looking again.
      "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
        My job is shutting down. Guess I have to start looking again.
        Oh no so sorry to hear that.

I'm still feeling really poopy. But thankfully my boss is letting me come in a bit later. So I just need to work a 4 hour shift. Thank gawd.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Hey everybody. I'm upset because today is Mothers Day. And you all know my mother died. But that partially the reason why I'm ranting here. The reason is that my older brother has this argument because he received a letter from stupid housing saying that housing didn't inspect the day I suppose to say home. I told my brother that I did say home and housing did inspect my house. I sign the paperwork and everything. My brother said that our lease is jeopardy and he's going to talk to housing tomorrow saying that I say home and he inspect the house. This is so stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            Oh no so sorry to hear that.

I'm still feeling really poopy. But thankfully my boss is letting me come in a bit later. So I just need to work a 4 hour shift. Thank gawd.
            It's all good, thanks. I have a few weeks to find another job.
            "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

That one day a year when the sun is right at eye level and it blinds you for just a second through the window.. Caught me off guard and "Flash" my eyes go wonky for a moment...
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

My mom found a dog the other day. By found, I mean, it just walked into her house. Like it lived the. He. He's a cute little red Pomeranian with a bad hair day. The poor thing... She took him to the vet and they estimated he was about 12 years old, has bad teeth (one of them is split and wiggling), overgrown nails and unkempt fur with fleas. We assumed he's been walking around like this for weeks. The address that was registered on the chip is for Everett, WA which is many hours (of driving) away from here. No one ever returned my mom's calls saying we found him. Yesterday, we brought him to the local humane society because she couldn't keep him. I told them that if the owner wouldn't claim him or he wouldn't get adopted, that I would be interested in adopting him, but his dental work alone would be around $1k, which I can't afford...
                Later that evening my mom shares with me a Craigslist post for a lost dog. It was for the little guy that she found. The owners apparently have been looking for him since the day he walked into her house and they live just the next block over from her house (what good is a chip if people don't update the info???). Good news, right? I'm not sure... That poor guy looks so neglected that I don't think he'll make it very long if he goes back. He was so exhausted and I'm positive he's in a load of pain because of the split tooth, although he was behaving like a trooper and wasn't making any fuss about it. I really hate the idea that he has to go back to them. But fortunately he's with the humane society right now, getting some better care and I'm praying that they intervene somehow...
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

If the Humane society determines that his state of health is from neglect,they may in fact bring charges of animal cruelty,and keep him. Not sure the animal laws apply everywhere,BUT a good chance.

Animal law in Washington state.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

They may press charges or they may use the threat of charges to get the dog signed over to them without a court appearance. They've been known to do both. It'd depend on how irritated they are. Plus, if the owners do come for the dog and care has already been rendered then the Society may offer a "we keep the dog and the financial responsibility or you get the dog back and cover the costs of the care and feeding we've rendered." There are several ways that an irritated Humane Society can avoid giving up a dog that they think has been mistreated. Even if they do surrender him, it may be with explicit instructions on care and a notice that investigators will be dropping by to look in on him.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

He was such a cutie. I wanted to keep him but I already have enough animals and don't really want to add another one. All my animals are 14+ years old, too so those medical bills are only going to get higher in the near future. I hope he finds a good home to go to where he gets the attention he deserves.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

There was a fire and explosion at a warehouse/shopping centre east of here this morning, and authorities have recommended that we stay indoors and close our windows for the day, because some toxic chemicals are burning. I trust this assessment, because I just went out to water my plants and I could really smell it. The whole city smells like burning tires.

Shame. It's a beautiful day out. I was looking forward to spending my afternoon outdoors.

Comment

Overheard at physio today in the cabin next to me (I know it wasn't polite to eavesdrop, but the guy was talking really loud):

Guy patient: and my kids want new iPhones. One has an iPhone 5s and the other has a 6. (and some general other murmuring that I couldn't quite make out...I think he also wanted a new phone or something like that).
                          Female physiotherapist: I still have a Samsung Galaxy S3
                          Patient: An S3? How do you even use that?
                          Physiotherapist: It's fine. I don't need a new phone every few months.
                          Patient: But why don't you just buy a new one?
                          Physiotherapist: Well, a basic phone would cost me at least 300 Euro, and I could go on holiday for that.
                          Patient: How can anyone go on holiday for 300 Euro? I'd just get a new phone.
                          Physiotherapist: Well, not everyone needs new phone all the time. Physiotherapy doesn't pay *that* much.
                          Patient: I think it's time you think about getting another job. You're still young. You're what, 26?
                          Physiotherapist: Yeah, but I like doing physiotherapy.
                          Patient: You could work privately. I need massages. You can work for me privately.
                          Physiotherapist: I'd rather just do my job here.

Then he kept trying to convince her to work for him privately.

It took all of my strength not to get off the table and tell him off for a few reasons:

-What kind of person has that kind of disconnect between their own obviously highly-paid lives and the lives of a lot of average people living and working here? There are LOTS of people who can't afford to replace their phone every 6 months, let alone every 2 years. And even out of the people who could technically afford to, there are those who would rather spend money on other things, like holidays.
                          -Yes, you CAN go on holiday for 300 Euro. Easily. If you go to the seaside in Germany, you can have a nice holiday for half that. And there are plenty of package deals that can get you a few days in another country for that. It wouldn't be super luxurious, but not everyone needs to stay in fancy hotels and fly everywhere.
                          -This guy was telling his physiotherapist that she should get another job WHILE he is in a physiotherapy session. That's a level of disrespect I can't even fathom. We need physiotherapists, and the fact that he was in a session just proves that. She said she likes her job. It might not be the best paid job out there, but she seemed satisfied with what she did for a living. So, what's the problem? She can't afford the latest iPhone? Is it that hard to see that some people have other priorities?
                          -She OBVIOUSLY was not into working privately as his private physiotherapist. That kind of thing would probably lose her her stable job. Also, there's a reason a lot of people choose to work for others here rather than freelance. Freelancing is almost always insecure and has zero benefits. If you are employed by someone else, you get paid holidays (aka vacation), paid sick days, time off on public holidays (paid if you work full time), severance if they let you go, overtime, health insurance, social security, unemployment insurance, etc. Those are legal entitlements here. Plus, he seemed kind of smarmy, and I wouldn't feel comfortable going to a private massage session with a guy like that, and I'm willing to bet that was running through her mind as well.
                          -He was unwilling to listen to anything she said to him.

People like that are EVERYTHING that is wrong with this country (and probably most countries). They should be forced to live in the shoes of others for a week, just to know that not everyone makes six figure management salaries and has spare change for new stuff as soon as it comes out.

Comment

The school got hit with cryptlocker on Monday. Fortunately, the last backup was Sunday night.

Word to the wise - this shit is all over. Back up your stuff all the time!
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              The school got hit with cryptlocker on Monday. Fortunately, the last backup was Sunday night.

Word to the wise - this shit is all over. Back up your stuff all the time!
                              I'm actually mildly disturbed that Cryptlocker made it onto a school network. I keep expecting state networks to be better defended.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Main problem is not the security,but stupid users who allow something onto the system. I might think a sandbox approach might be in order.

- - - Updated - - -

Sand box defined here.

I might think keep emails and such sand boxed,also any downloads.

- - - Updated - - -

That was a wiki,this one is PC World.

- - - Updated - - -

Comodo Internet Security,that is free has a built in Sand box .

Here,but not sure if it is completely free now.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X