This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

I have always been a side sleeper,can't get to sleep on my back or stomach,also fetal position too
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      I have always been a side sleeper,can't get to sleep on my back or stomach,also fetal position too
      It's more so my breasts getting in the way, unfortunately
      "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Had to check to see if this was adult rant..so freaking Jersey..was supposed to be clear and sunny today,now going for severe thunder storms at 3pm(about 2 now)
        Make up your mind weather...Hawk would know about Jersey..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Had to check to see if this was adult rant..so freaking Jersey..was supposed to be clear and sunny today,now going for severe thunder storms at 3pm(about 2 now)
          Make up your mind weather...Hawk would know about Jersey..
          NJ weather is getting more like Ozarks weather - unpredictable. You'll have armadillos soon enough, too - they've been here for some time and now are all the way up in the St. Louis area. Maybe when they're spotted in NYC people will believe things have warmed up a degree or two?
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I was browsing through instagram and there's a lot of posts by black people telling us to stick together and all that amazing, awesome shiz. I saw this one post where there was a black guy shooting a black guy and it said, "You're helping the white man to kill us off." I'm well aware that racism exists, I get that. But not every white person is trying to kill us, hurt us, demean us, etc. It's annoying.
            Don't get me wrong, I usually don't love a lot of things and people because of this and that, and the way I think, but I love my culture. I honestly do. I just get so tired of hearing about US vs THEM. I'm multiracial and my Grandmother is from Belgium, she is white, and my great Grandmother is Native American but I usually just identify as African-American or just black. It's just ridiculous that a lot of black people here are acting stupid. I remember watching a video where a woman wanted a free bottle of water because her ancestors were slaves so she felt entitled to it. Then proceeded to call people out and claim they were racist, if I'm remembering correctly.
            Well, whatever. This was just a rant, of course. But still, it's annoying. There was another point I wanted to make but forgot.
            "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Me,being white,grew up in the inner city in Oakland. I went to grammar school with a very mixed ethnic group. I have in my opinion been very blessed to interact with MANY cultures. It has been weird in a way,when other white people say to me."You are so good with those people",and I am like what? Being multicultural is a gift that life gave me.

BTW,was one Lady that turned me on to southern cooking,a Black lady that was our next door neighbor. Darn that woman could cook a mean set of greens.

Also why I am a BIG blues tripper.

I guess I need to start singing.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Me,being white,grew up in the inner city in Oakland. I went to grammar school with a very mixed ethnic group. I have in my opinion been very blessed to interact with MANY cultures. It has been weird in a way,when other white people say to me."You are so good with those people",and I am like what? Being multicultural is a gift that life gave me.

BTW,was one Lady that turned me on to southern cooking,a Black lady that was our next door neighbor. Darn that woman could cook a mean set of greens.

Also why I am a BIG blues tripper.

I guess I need to start singing.
                Greens are so good. I love Soul Food. We break ours up and stuff, the usual, then while we're cooking it I a very large pot we put in turkey legs and other some other kind of meat, it's hog-something, that way we can give he greens some flavor. Then we take the meat out and give it to a dog or something or throw it away.

Comment

Like a hamhock?...My mom used to throw a hamhock into a big pot of beans..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Like a hamhock?...My mom used to throw a hamhock into a big pot of beans..
                    Yeah, that's what it is. I couldn't remember it.

Comment

She would also do that for a pot of pea soup...green pea soup..Making me want some right NOW!!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
                        I was browsing through instagram and there's a lot of posts by black people telling us to stick together and all that amazing, awesome shiz. I saw this one post where there was a black guy shooting a black guy and it said, "You're helping the white man to kill us off." I'm well aware that racism exists, I get that. But not every white person is trying to kill us, hurt us, demean us, etc. It's annoying.
                        Don't get me wrong, I usually don't love a lot of things and people because of this and that, and the way I think, but I love my culture. I honestly do. I just get so tired of hearing about US vs THEM. I'm multiracial and my Grandmother is from Belgium, she is white, and my great Grandmother is Native American but I usually just identify as African-American or just black. It's just ridiculous that a lot of black people here are acting stupid. I remember watching a video where a woman wanted a free bottle of water because her ancestors were slaves so she felt entitled to it. Then proceeded to call people out and claim they were racist, if I'm remembering correctly.
                        Well, whatever. This was just a rant, of course. But still, it's annoying. There was another point I wanted to make but forgot.
                        It's because it's #blackout day. I thought it was like the internet was going to go night night. It's not.

I've misplaced my mp3 player. I really don't want to buy another (even though they are only like $40). I don't want to re add all my music on it. And I'm not able to listen to my audiobook on my commute. I guess I can hear a bit before bed on my laptop. meh. I'm hoping I left it at work. I'm such a mrs magoo.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

She would also do that for a pot of pea soup...green pea soup..Making me want some right NOW!!
                          That's funny... That's what I made for dinner last night...
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Bit late, but thanks Kalynraye, Juni and Anu, for giving me alternative ways of looking at my behaviour. We all measure selfishness differently I guess. I remember the first incident that started the ball rolling that eventually led to me being pushed out of the local pagan circle I was involved with, was when a fellow covener stopped speaking to me. A coven brother!!?? Because I had a friend visiting from London who took sick. We had planned to meet this gentleman in Newcastle and he headed in early (4 hours before our scheduled meeting I might add). My friend was too sick to come out and she was my guest. I couldn't leave her. Yet because this covener was already in Newcastle when I messaged him he concluded that I was selfish. The HP and myself broke off from the coven at this point, as it was very much him or me and the HP felt strongly that no Jem = no coven (which was nice). At the time I felt the covener was unreasonable but that he wouldn't have been upset if I had done nothing wrong at all. Now looking back, I can see that it was pure selfishness and a disregard for others having needs besides himself that caused his behaviour towards me. I can't even imagine what he thought I should have done differently. He was new to Wicca so maybe he thought I could just magic my friends sickness away!

This wasn't the only incident, there were two other factors; a former covener started dating my ex, who through no fault of my own (although she managed to make it my fault) still had feelings for me. Cue the jealousy and hate. She befriended the aforementioned gentleman and as far as I can tell between them they managed to poison a fair few regulars of the local moot against me. At least the fact that people I used to converse with gave me one word answers and stood in silence snickering at me while I stood outside having a cigarette makes me assume this is what happened (this was my last visit to the moot btw, despite the HPS who ran the moot telling me to pay no attention to their childishness.. I just wasn't strong enough at the time).

The final push was an evening where I became intoxicated and felt that two friends took advantage of me sexually. This one, I do take personal responsibility for, because I just stopped contacting them, when what I should have done was let the dust settle and then spoken to them about how the incident made me feel. I'm pretty sure this event also became common knowledge, although specifically which of the above factors was behind the ostracisation I experienced by a small handful of pagans at the moot I still don't know.

Why am I sharing this? I dunno. I guess I'm airing my laundry because I'm thinking of returning to the moot to see what has changed. It is largely these people who first accused me of being selfish, and although I agree to an extent; I'm certainly more selfish than many other people I know, I feel I have a right to give my side of events and I have a right to access the local pagan community and the events they organise.

I don't yet know that my friend was genuinely upset with me on Sunday, or if I had just read it that way. The event just hit a nerve I think. Or maybe opening an old wound would be a better analogy. It would seem the injury was buried rather than healed. I've carried a lot of guilt that looking back at the events, I don't think I needed to feel.

Hmm, I like the rant thread. It does feel good to get things off your chest!
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I am very much thinking about cutting the cord,and go internet TV thing,or just spend all day playing RPG games and just coming online for the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

I can also get an HD antenna to watch local broadcast stuff.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

5.1 earthquake and I'm sleeeeepy.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	CkCLLQBUUAAB6qK.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	353380
                                Satan is my spirit animal