X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

"Maybe she wasn't allowed to talk"

Trump is a vile human being.

Maybe she's upset looking at her dead son you vile vile creature. I can't wait for him to be voted president and then get assassinated in grand style. Hopefully it will be so fantastic, Manson will write a whole album dedicated to this assassination like he did JFK. I can then go buy a ticket to his concert, get up front, and mosh myself silly to some lyrics that rhyme with dead Trump. And then buy the t-shirt and wear it to the after concert Denny's breakfast at 1am.

I can't wait.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Political memes in the workplace. NOPE. Not jumping on that crazy inter-workplace boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        "Maybe she wasn't allowed to talk"

Trump is a vile human being.

Maybe she's upset looking at her dead son you vile vile creature. I can't wait for him to be voted president and then get assassinated in grand style. Hopefully it will be so fantastic, Manson will write a whole album dedicated to this assassination like he did JFK. I can then go buy a ticket to his concert, get up front, and mosh myself silly to some lyrics that rhyme with dead Trump. And then buy the t-shirt and wear it to the after concert Denny's breakfast at 1am.

I can't wait.
        I really think The Donald has crossed a line he will not be able to talk his way out of. I really think he can not stop talking when the excrement hits the air flow device.

Waiting to see his numbers go as low as his morality.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Had a sour stomach pretty much all day, think I might have ate something bad.
          Last edited by Denarius; 31 Jul 2016, 04:39.
          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Really sad that we seem to not be able to trust the food chain,so many recalls. Sorry you are feeling ill Denarius.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              I really think The Donald has crossed a line he will not be able to talk his way out of. I really think he can not stop talking when the excrement hits the air flow device.

Waiting to see his numbers go as low as his morality.
              He won't lose supporters. He's become a religion - radical stupidism.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

One thing is,no one in the republican camp would dare attack a "Gold Star" mother. That would be way off,because they always tried to play the "our heroes" card.
                Seems a "Few" vets are upset.

See here.

Did no one tell you Donald,never go off on a dead soldiers parents...EVER!!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                  Had a sour stomach pretty much all day, think I might have ate something bad.
                  Do you have ginger or peppermint? If not, how about baking soda?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  ERm. Ma'am is not a southern thing. Its a manners thing. As in "Yes, sir/No, ma'am", etc. I call my CHILDREN sir/ma'am when it comes to manners.
                  I'm from Michigan, which is pretty north. I have manners (usually), so I also use "yes, ma'am/no sir", and occasionally "miss" for a woman who is clearly much younger than me (like a teenager or a tween).
                  Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    ERm. Ma'am is not a southern thing. Its a manners thing. As in "Yes, sir/No, ma'am", etc. I call my CHILDREN sir/ma'am when it comes to manners.
                    Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    Really now? I use Ma'am ALL the time at work because I can't be assed to guess whether someone is married just to figure out the correct formal address and I'm pretty sure that I deal with as many northern ****wits, brain dead O2 exchangers, general idiots, customers as I do southern ones. It's never been an issue.
                    Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                    From Alabama. Live in Vermont. Has not noticed a decrease or increase in manners or use of the word ma'am.
                    I have never had anyone else complain about it like she did. I have had some women ask me not to call them ma'am because it makes them feel old which again I don't understand because I will call anyone I don't know sir or ma'am.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                      I have never had anyone else complain about it like she did. I have had some women ask me not to call them ma'am because it makes them feel old which again I don't understand because I will call anyone I don't know sir or ma'am.
                      I've gotten "don't call me 'ma'am', it makes me feel old" and "don't call me 'sir', I work for a living".

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                        It's that old game - "I can't think of anything else to be pissy about, so I'll pick this."

Stupid trick, but it works every time, and there is no defense against it.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          It's that old game - "I can't think of anything else to be pissy about, so I'll pick this."

Stupid trick, but it works every time, and there is no defense against it.
                          The best thing to do against people who are mad, especially against people who are losing their mind for no reason, is to be perfectly calm and polite. They will either realize that they're the only one yelling, get embarrassed, and stop, or they'll realize that they're the only one yelling and get frustrated (and look crazy to any other people that are around). Both are hilarious in their own way.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                            I've gotten "don't call me 'ma'am', it makes me feel old" and "don't call me 'sir', I work for a living".
                            I don't mind the former and the latter...

"Yes, Seargent!" may or may not get a laugh out of them. I've never had occasion to try it. To my knowledge, the line comes from

Answer (1 of 9): In the US military, "Sir" is a greeting for the officer class of service members. They receive commissions and come from academic backgrounds to carry out unit level operational, strategic, and logistical planning. They serve as the leadership of the military. The other major cla...
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

"Ma'am" never bothered me. What does is if someone has my first & last name, and they call me "Mrs. (last name)". I'm not married, and I've always been a "Ms." anyway.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

The idea is almost universal in the military. The enlisted ranks may pay homage to the officer class but,there is some negative image for about them by enlisted members because blue collar values(real work) vs spoiled money background for officers. Some working class people do get sponsored to the academy but more likely it is based on family connections. Like calling a boatswains mate "Boats" or someone working in the engine room a "Bilge Rat",among enlisted people a pet name. The enlisted ranks is a "Closed club" to officers... Why when I was going to "Hit the beach" with the "Boats" to go drinking and such,an officer asked why he could not come. The boats said he did not drink with "Kids",and the officer,pointing at me said,but he is a "Kid",and the boats said,he has not been a kid since he was 12 years old...working class,born to it!!

- - - Updated - - -

If you are wondering about Navy slang,like a Snipe.

Go here.

If you wonder,a Snipe works in the engineering department.
                                Last edited by anunitu; 31 Jul 2016, 09:42.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X