This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    For some reason, I have a bunch of jackass white supremacists spread through my classes this semester.

I have never seen anything like this before. Yes, I've had ignorant hillbillies who think they don't like Jews (because they have actually never met one), but not outright white supremacists.

Why is this? It is uber creepy. And we are reading Night, by Elie Wiesel...
    I blame Trump.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
      I blame Trump.
      I do too.

The honest truth is that Trump really, observably, has "normalized" behavior that would have, previously, brought condemnation on a person publicly demonstrating it.

The man is literally destroying anything that was ever good about this country.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

BUT,he has single hand-idly brought back the concept of ORANGE!!!!!!
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I hate when my Chrome browser updates itself and I don't know it. Then suddenly I'm on the browser and I'm like I think that arrow was fatter. And I think my home icon was solid. And I'm sure my star fave button was yellow and now it's blue.

I feel like I'm on crazy pills.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            I hate when my Chrome browser updates itself and I don't know it. Then suddenly I'm on the browser and I'm like I think that arrow was fatter. And I think my home icon was solid. And I'm sure my star fave button was yellow and now it's blue.

I feel like I'm on crazy pills.
            My iPad updates do that too.

One day it looks normal, the next day it's "Did K'Roe put LSD in my java again?"
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I kind of get this from Cable..Comcast or xfinity changes their interface so when I am used to a certain behavior it changes and I have to relearn what does what.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Who would have believed a mere 15 years ago that the world would turn so violently creep-o?

Comment

Really B. De.,this surprised you. I am always surprised we have not yet destroyed the planet...still time I suppose...
                  Last edited by anunitu; 18 Sep 2016, 14:49.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

There is nothing more insultingly infuriating then someone who doesn't know crap about baking who thinks they can tell you how to do your job!! We know how to bake a stupid cookie. What makes you think your cookies are any different then any other cookie we have ever made??
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Children, guard your cookies well.

There's always somebody who wants to get hold of your cookies.

Comment

(jest in progress)
                        There is only ONE TRUE cookie in existence and I am the only wizard who can conjure this temptation of lust.
                        It has the flavors of oatmeal, chocolate, walnuts and peanut butter and as it melts in your mouth you will dream of the next one.
                        After tasting just one you will know that all other "cookies" are just imitations. You will long for a REAL cookie from that moment on.
                        (jesting over)

They are a religious like experience and truly are the best cookie I have ever tasted.
                        Last edited by DragonsFriend; 20 Sep 2016, 10:10.
                        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

This night needs to end.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Been having stomach issues again. Woke up in the middle of the night last night with severe stomach and back pain. Nothing I did helped and it took over an hour to go away enough to the point I could go back to sleep. Been dealing with nausea ever since. Time for a dietary purge again.
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            Sneak Attack

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                              Been having stomach issues again. Woke up in the middle of the night last night with severe stomach and back pain. Nothing I did helped and it took over an hour to go away enough to the point I could go back to sleep. Been dealing with nausea ever since. Time for a dietary purge again.
                              Did we ever figure out the go to stock to make?

Bi polar brain strikes again. I had to go to bed at 11pm to that by 11am I had maybe 6 hours of sleep total. I took a good dose of my zzzzquil to help me sleep. Every two hours from 2am I kept waking up. Like straight up it's the middle of the day awake. It totally sucked. My brain just got caught in a loop.

Tonight it's a full dang dose to get me back with a good night's sleep.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

Did we ever figure out the go to stock to make?
                                I found a chicken broth from Pacific that worked fairly well with just a tiny bit of added pink salt.

Homemade bone broth is best but I gave up after a few failed attempts and haven't had any time until recently to try again.
                                Sneak Attack

Comment

Working...
                                X