This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Ever since my manager got back from vacation my schedule has been terrible. Not only are all my hours shoved at the end of the week (thurs-sun) but, she has me scheduled on the day I requested off and the day I explicitly said on my application I won't work. The latter is fine for this week, it doesn't cut too hard into my plans, but the day I wanted off is my coven's Maybon ritual- ya'know where I'm the high priest. At least the high priestess will be there but, she still wants me to write the invocations, which I still need to do.

This is neither here nor there but, I have been injured at least once a week on this job and it might be trying to kill me. My facial burns from last week are healed after my coworker knocked a pot of hot coffee into my face. After that particular day I went to buy some magic the gathering cards to cheer me up... and someone had opened the package, stole out the booster packs (most of the value of the item), then resealed it with double sided tape, also the price was marked up.
    “They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
    Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.”
    -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

I wish I could retire. With the kids I have in class this year, I will need either a bottle in front of me, or a frontal lobotomy (thank you, Tom Waits).
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Took Sister to the vet last week because I noticed she was having problems with her front right foot which caused her to wobble when she walked. The vet told gave her an antibiotic and an anti inflammatory for 10 days. He couldn't say what it was for sure but that if that didn't help then she has Wobbly Hog Syndrome. Well shes been on it for a week and she is better but not completely and she still doesn't wanna use her right foot. I don't think it's WHS but I have a completely devastated husband at the moment. She is his hedgehog, his pet and he loves her. I just need her to get better.
        Last edited by kalynraye; 22 Sep 2016, 14:43.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
          Took Sister to the vet last week because I noticed she was having problems with her front right foot which caused her to wobble when she walked. The vet told gave her an antibiotic and an anti inflammatory for 10 days. He couldn't say what it was for sure but that if that didn't help then she has Wobbly Hog Syndrome. Well shes been on it for a week and she is better but not completely and she still doesn't wanna use her right foot. I don't think it's WHS but I have a completely devastated husband at the moment. She is his hedgehog, his pet and he loves her. I just need her to get better.
          Best wishes. Ill pets cause much sadness.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

If we consider illness a consequence of bad karma,then humans should get sick a LOT more than innocent animals...just saying...cute should count for something..
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Can I just say I hate this meme?

This is such crap, and its all people younger then me posting this.
              Last edited by kalynraye; 23 Sep 2016, 13:55.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

lemme fix that for you...
                we were born in a time when you were shamed into not getting a divorce and sticking it out even though you really hated that person next to you.

there.

My rant. iTunes I really hate chooo. I have updated etc and still when I open my iTunes store to check out more podcasts, the screen doesn't fit properly. I can't even click an icon. I have to move my mouse about two inches in another direction next to it for it to align properly. WTF. I would switch if I could find another way of viewing iTunes podcasts without that craptastic interface.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  lemme fix that for you...
                  we were born in a time when you were shamed into not getting a divorce and sticking it out even though you really hated that person next to you.

there.
                  Much better. Thanks for fixing it for me!

Comment

8 and a half months and I haven't gotten sick besides my morning sickness till today... woke up at 430 because my fingers were so swollen my rings were cutting off circulation, got all off but my engament ring and I still can't get that sucker off and I've tried everything. One of my team missed a whole weeks worth of work because of an airborne virus and guess who started showing all the symptoms after her nap today... I'm gonna kill him.

Comment

(The following quote taken from the what you're thinking about thread)

I just need to stay off facebook for a while. People are really beginning to amaze me, and not in a good way.
                      I've been thinking this myself. If I didn't need to stay in touch with the pagan and Japanese gatherings, I would limit myself to once a week. I hate the fakery on there. I keep saying I'll go for a month making regular posts deliberately bigging up my mundane daily life to see what people actually get out of doing it ... 'Don't you just love that high you get after swimming? 22 lengths and feeling great.' 'Just chatted for almost 2 hours in Japanese and didn't have to resort to English once! Must be getting better!' 'Meal with the other half then off to see the comedy at the Stand.. perfect end to a perfect day..', 'Home made soup, check, x4 salads, check, x4 portions of rice, check, oatmeal ready mixed with nuts and cranberries, check... I'm all set for 4 days of nightshifts. Whoever said I'm not organised?' 'Nothing like doing a few squats while you wait for the kettle to boil!'... 'Just heading off to do my volunteering. What a lovely morning to be amongst the herbs and getting your hands dirty.'... blah, blah, and pointless ego polishing blah.. I just know if I were to do it, friends would keep liking my comments and cheering me on and I'd feel guilty for fooling them into thinking I was being sincere.

Don't get me wrong, I don't judge people for posting that kind of stuff. I've posted a fair bit in the things that make you smile thread here so I do it myself I guess, it's just so transparent. We all have hobbies, or do things to take care of our health/fitness, or hang out socially with other people, or follow routines that make our lives run a bit more smoothly. I don't get this whole 'presenting a front' thing that goes on on social media.

Then again, it's probably just my shadow speaking. Maybe I'm threatened by it because I don't believe I could present a very interesting life, or maybe I fear that this isn't just the 'social media effect' and that everyone else really is doing awesome things and having a better life than I am. Maybe, just maybe, the people who present such a front on social media, start to see their life as colourful and exciting as they present it, and if so, would I really want to deny them that?

Aaaaand... I totally get that this wasn't your point Kalynraye. It's just a little niggling irritation I've had for a while. Hmm. I'll copy this and put it in rants...
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

I've been thinking this myself. If I didn't need to stay in touch with the pagan and Japanese gatherings, I would limit myself to once a week. I hate the fakery on there. I keep saying I'll go for a month making regular posts deliberately bigging up my mundane daily life to see what people actually get out of doing it ... 'Don't you just love that high you get after swimming? 22 lengths and feeling great.' 'Just chatted for almost 2 hours in Japanese and didn't have to resort to English once! Must be getting better!' 'Meal with the other half then off to see the comedy at the Stand.. perfect end to a perfect day..', 'Home made soup, check, x4 salads, check, x4 portions of rice, check, oatmeal ready mixed with nuts and cranberries, check... I'm all set for 4 days of nightshifts. Whoever said I'm not organised?' 'Nothing like doing a few squats while you wait for the kettle to boil!'... 'Just heading off to do my volunteering. What a lovely morning to be amongst the herbs and getting your hands dirty.'... blah, blah, and pointless ego polishing blah.. I just know if I were to do it, friends would keep liking my comments and cheering me on and I'd feel guilty for fooling them into thinking I was being sincere.

Don't get me wrong, I don't judge people for posting that kind of stuff. I've posted a fair bit in the things that make you smile thread here so I do it myself I guess, it's just so transparent. We all have hobbies, or do things to take care of our health/fitness, or hang out socially with other people, or follow routines that make our lives run a bit more smoothly. I don't get this whole 'presenting a front' thing that goes on on social media.

Then again, it's probably just my shadow speaking. Maybe I'm threatened by it because I don't believe I could present a very interesting life, or maybe I fear that this isn't just the 'social media effect' and that everyone else really is doing awesome things and having a better life than I am. Maybe, just maybe, the people who present such a front on social media, start to see their life as colourful and exciting as they present it, and if so, would I really want to deny them that?

Aaaaand... I totally get that this wasn't your point Kalynraye. It's just a little niggling irritation I've had for a while. Hmm. I'll copy this and put it in rants...
                        You likely aren't the only one like this. I feel all the time I should be doing more awesome things and get a little jealous seeing everyone else do them, and I know it's not exactly the "proper" way to think about things (as if there's a proper way of thinking), but there's no harm to living life on your own terms, whether you get others' approval or not.

Comment

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post
                          You likely aren't the only one like this. I feel all the time I should be doing more awesome things and get a little jealous seeing everyone else do them, and I know it's not exactly the "proper" way to think about things (as if there's a proper way of thinking), but there's no harm to living life on your own terms, whether you get others' approval or not.
                          The conscious and intellectual part of me doesn't think I do this. I believe that I'm actually quite comfortable with my life and with who I am (maybe excluding my looks, although that too has much improved over recent months.. my attitude I mean, not my actual looks ^^). Yet the amount of times I role my eyes when I see someone's photos from the latest marathon they've done, or.. okay honestly, it's mostly the marathon/training posts that bug me... maybe nice kitchen counters too, because I rent so can't change mine.. makes me think there's something lurking in my shadow. Maybe resentment because I used to do cross country running before the urticaria started and now I can only jog indoors where I can safely stop when the rash flares up...

Do you know Kelly-Anne Maddox? I found her when I was doing shadow work and still watch her videos. She touched on the issue of constantly comparing ourselves to others in one of her videos that I found really helpful when getting over my body issues.

夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I purposely only have people on my fb I tolerate. And about 75% are actual people I know irl. You should follow me. You get to learn about my crappy neighbor's Saturday karaoke shenanigans. And when an event comes up and my fb feed of friends gets too outraged and upity...I tear into them and shame them silent.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              I purposely only have people on my fb I tolerate. And about 75% are actual people I know irl. You should follow me. You get to learn about my crappy neighbor's Saturday karaoke shenanigans. And when an event comes up and my fb feed of friends gets too outraged and upity...I tear into them and shame them silent.
                              I read your posts! You're always down to earth and 'real'! I'm just terribly inactive myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

No you are totally right! Besides the b.s. political crap that everyone seems to know everything about now. Yes most of them had no clue a month and a half ago but now EVERYONE is an expert. I get tired of the overzealous "look at how amazing my life is" I never have a bad day crap but then again I'm not perfect either. I refrain from my snippity responses because I don't wish to rock the boat or cause a fight. I'll admit my life is not the most exciting thing and I like facebook because it's a way for me to keep in touch with family and friends that aren't close but I can do that just as well with a text or a phone call.

But I think my biggest issue with it right now is all the ignorance that seems to be showing up lately. People that I thought had a good level head on their shoulders are showing some true colors that make me not want anything to do with with them and or punch them in the face.

Comment

Working...
                                X