This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Kalynraye, I'm feeling the same way. I'm getting so disappointed in people. They are probably disappointed in me as well, wondering how I could be so off track. I purposely don't engage in Facebook for this reason, but this conflict is pretty difficult to avoid right now. I'm just trying to stand back for a bit and be patient, hoping that in 6 months or so there will be a little room for people to settle down and start looking at things a little more calmly and rationally. Afraid it might not get better, but all of this tension is soooo exhausting, surely other people want it to be over too, right?????

Comment

I'd be so disappointed if I didn't get disappointed in people. They're often so disappointing.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I am never disappointed in people. They do exactly as I suspect them to do.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          I am never disappointed in people. They do exactly as I suspect them to do.
          They are capable of so much more than they do, but they do so much less than they are capable of.

That's what is so disappointing.

Expect less than what people are capable of and avoid disappointment...
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

And people ask me why I do not do facebook,does the term "Vanity page" ring a bell?

- - - Updated - - -

It is a way to tell everyone why YOU are so very special because really,aren't we all?

To the top 1%,we are the great unwashed,the peons,the Wage slaves,the riff of the raff...
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

So, got into it with my sibling. She's 17. She pushed me and I "flew" and hit the wall and the back of my head and shoulder. I was so angry. My granddad ushered her out and they left to go calm down. She also called the police to tell them that we "talk to me however they want" but she acts stupid and is aggressive and we're supposed to just take it.
              The police officer told me he didn't understand why he was here. So basically she called the police over a bottle of lotion. Her and my other sibling who is eleven were arguing so I got in it. Anyway, it was a ridiculous day.
              "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I went there... I posted on fb about my health food experiments... no going back now, I'm bit... you'll have to go on without me. All I can do is join the hoard.
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Been throwing up since last night. Tried to get someone to cover my shift. Texted my boss (because she wouldn't answer her phone about it), telling her that I would still work, but that the fact that I have to prepare breakfast which includes cooking food. She basically said too bad, work anyway.

A coworker did say switch me so I could work in the morning so even if I was sick, I wouldn't be near food. But wow. Even thinking about eggs makes me want to vomit.
                  Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

For the last few days, every morning a voice comes over my cell phone telling me to vote yes on Amendment 2. Not a phone call, not a text, no app is open, just a voice. It overrides the app that keeps the phone silent during certain hours. I want to find the source but I've been doing a lot of other detective work recently and need a break. Anyone know about this annoying thing and how to get rid of it? It's an Android phone, on the Verizon network.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

From the description it "Might" be a hack using the reverse 911 style warning app. Used in some places to warn of public disaster. If so,it is a violation of its use.

- - - Updated - - -

filler to do 10 chers.
                      Here.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                        For the last few days, every morning a voice comes over my cell phone telling me to vote yes on Amendment 2. Not a phone call, not a text, no app is open, just a voice. It overrides the app that keeps the phone silent during certain hours. I want to find the source but I've been doing a lot of other detective work recently and need a break. Anyone know about this annoying thing and how to get rid of it? It's an Android phone, on the Verizon network.

Avira's one of the higher rated anti-virus programs for PCs. Download and run the app. If you're lucky then the android app can find and fix the issue for you. If not....

Well option A is detective work in your phone.

Option B is backup the data and reset to factory settings.
                        Last edited by MaskedOne; 22 Oct 2016, 11:27.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....avira.android

Avira's one of the higher rated anti-virus programs for PCs. Download and run the app. If you're lucky then the android app can find and fix the issue for you. If not....

Thanks! I'll check that out.
                          sigpic

Comment

I am so tired of getting fliers and phone calls for 52. I said yes already! Stop pestering me.

Comment

Domino's cut my Brooklyn style pizza into squares.

wtf.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                                https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....avira.android

I installed that app. It didn't report anything after scanning. I don't know yet if the voice is still happening, because I have to be near the phone to catch it and it has either stopped, or I haven't been within earshot at the right time! I also stopped all notifications from the local news station's weather app (the voice talked about local elections, so my guess is that's where it came from.)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X