X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    I agree there that the method of slaughter is an issue. Heck world wide factory farming and mass enclosures where live stock are raised is pretty awful. Not just the creature's raised for food but also creature's raised to be sold as pets.
    I buy Kosher as often as possible. Supposedly the methods are more humane (although, who knows what to believe these days?)
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post

I buy Kosher as often as possible. Supposedly the methods are more humane (although, who knows what to believe these days?)
      Heard the same with Halal. But also hears the opposite... i think it depends much more on who is doing the killing than the actual practise itself. I do appreciate the whole thanking for the animals life and sacrifice bit though.
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'm worried about taking such a big dose of Vitamin D3 once a week. I really don't want those bad side effects. I've been really lucky with all my meds and not getting bad side effects (I attribute this to my high consumption of jalapenos!)My stomach can take it! But the Vit D3? I dunno. I have to take it once a week. And it said to cause insomnia. Because that's what I need. More sleep problems.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          I'm worried about taking such a big dose of Vitamin D3 once a week. I really don't want those bad side effects. I've been really lucky with all my meds and not getting bad side effects (I attribute this to my high consumption of jalapenos!)My stomach can take it! But the Vit D3? I dunno. I have to take it once a week. And it said to cause insomnia. Because that's what I need. More sleep problems.
          The first thing I did at med school was a study of vitamin D... how big a dose are you getting? Because it must be extraordinary to cause sideeffects at all. It's not uncommon here for people with severe lack of it (for whatever reason) to get an injection of a months worth at a time. Sure, you can overdose and that causes different problems, but that is not an immediate thing, and unlikely if it's perscribed by a doctor. But I have never heard of pure vitamin D causing side effects... except maybe for giving you more energy in general? And helping muscle and joint aches. I wouldn't call those side effects. Lack of vitamin D causes fatigue and pain, to mention some of the most common symptoms.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
            The first thing I did at med school was a study of vitamin D... how big a dose are you getting? Because it must be extraordinary to cause sideeffects at all. It's not uncommon here for people with severe lack of it (for whatever reason) to get an injection of a months worth at a time. Sure, you can overdose and that causes different problems, but that is not an immediate thing, and unlikely if it's perscribed by a doctor. But I have never heard of pure vitamin D causing side effects... except maybe for giving you more energy in general? And helping muscle and joint aches. I wouldn't call those side effects. Lack of vitamin D causes fatigue and pain, to mention some of the most common symptoms.
            I'm on a 12 week regimen with a once weekly dose of 50,000. My lab work came back as vit D deficiency. I did research online and showed some bad side effects from such a large dose. Though I guess I just have to try. I picked up the pills today (Gonna start Monday). The pharmacist said I should take calcium caltrate with it. So I need to pick some of that up.:xD:

86 Answers - Posted in: adrenalin, vitamin d, vitamins, vitamin d deficiency - Answer: Well, it is rare to see adverse reactions to Vit D. I am and...

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              I'm on a 12 week regimen with a once weekly dose of 50,000. My lab work came back as vit D deficiency. I did research online and showed some bad side effects from such a large dose. Though I guess I just have to try. I picked up the pills today (Gonna start Monday). The pharmacist said I should take calcium caltrate with it. So I need to pick some of that up.:xD:

https://www.drugs.com/answers/what-s...00-340439.html
              Wow. That is a lot. I can see how that may have some nasty side effects. Shouldn't be dangerous over a short run, but it does go above toxicity levels (although they change around the world. Here that's 1000 times the daily dose). Taking calcium with it is a must yea. I feel a bit bad for you. But just because a few people on the Internet get nasty side effects doesn't mean you will, people generally don't go online just to inform the world that their pills don't do anything so it makes sense the stuff you're gonna see are the ones who did feel something.
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                Wow. That is a lot. I can see how that may have some nasty side effects. Shouldn't be dangerous over a short run, but it does go above toxicity levels (although they change around the world. Here that's 1000 times the daily dose). Taking calcium with it is a must yea. I feel a bit bad for you. But just because a few people on the Internet get nasty side effects doesn't mean you will, people generally don't go online just to inform the world that their pills don't do anything so it makes sense the stuff you're gonna see are the ones who did feel something.
                Yeah, I've been lucky with most of my prescriptions. The dose is high, but it's only for a 12 week time. It's meant for people with a definite vitD deficit. Crosses fingers!

Comment

I was out walking earlier and it was sunny and pretty mild. Been doing some work. Just looked out the window and realised it is f* snowing! I don't want any more snow now!
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Holy Hell. What happened to me? I got a case of the insomnias last night. I have had maybe 3 hours sleep in total since 3am. I was up watching Antiques Roadshow for a few hours. Then even listened to IT on my audiobook. Then rain sounds. Then blank.

I'm oddly 'awake' now, though it's like I'm my laptop on sleep..just enough juice to blink my eyes and order pizza

Comment

I think we may be on sync cause that happens on a regular basis with me these days...
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

What the hay weather,it is 52 degrees at almost 11:00 at night,but supposed to snow on Friday(55 degrees late at night is more like mid summer night time temps)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I am thinking this story just seems to say it all about humanity.

Dozens killed in Ethiopia garbage dump landslide

a Picture is worth a thousand words.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            I am thinking this story just seems to say it all about humanity.

Dozens killed in Ethiopia garbage dump landslide
                            Not unsurprising, most of the world has entire communities making their living digging out the stuff we throw away.

I mean, when people consume at the rate that its been estimated to take 3 earths worth of resources to support current habits, 5 earths if the whole world consumed at the level of the US, and 1 1/2 earths if we all lived sustainably...

....its pretty easy to figure out that population growth is bad. Unfortunately, the places where the population is growing are also some of the least sustaining environments--the population of Africa is expected to quadruple in the next few decades due to a fertility rate twice that of the global average. Add in climate change with increased desertification, and the fact that we've killed off half the worlds wildlife since the 1970's and can expect to loose half the world's species by 2100, this is just a drop in the bucket.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Where the heck you been Lady...missed your input a LOT

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                                Where the heck you been Lady...missed your input a LOT
                                Grad school...
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X