My Thoughts On Atheism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Thoughts On Atheism

These are my thought on Atheism, Atheist believes that god doesn't exist and they believe in science and evolution. They believe that we were evolved from apes. I met a few atheist in my life and they turn out to be positive and fun-loving people. I explained my beliefs and they're cool with it.

Re: My Thoughts On Atheism

Not quite true.

Atheists LACK a belief in deity. They do not believe God does not exist, they simply fail to believe in the existence of God.

Atheism is to belief what "bald" is to hair color...

However, you are correct that they are as likely to be positive and fun loving as is any other random selection of people.

::
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I have a number of friends who are atheist, and most of those who are still Roman Catholics are usually agnostic and staunchly secularist. Contrary to what the more preachy-preachy types will say, they make for some of the most intelligent conversation I've known all my life. Criticism of social and cultural issues, discussing the history of religious or political issues, very profound.

Comment

Atheists lack a belief that any god exists. And the evolution thing isn't across the board. You can be theistic and believe in evolution--I certainly do.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Just this...it kinda says it all.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            Just this...it kinda says it all.
            Saving that image for later use....

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
              Atheists lack a belief that any god exists.
              The statement "atheists lack a belief that any God exists" and " atheists lack belief in God" mean two different things, and that difference in meaning is important.

I am an atheist. An antheist MAY believe that no God exists, but that is not the defining characteristic of an atheist - that represents a subset of atheists, in the same way that "Amish" is a subset of Christian.

The defining characteristic of an atheist is that an atheist lacks a belief in god(s, es, es').

I am a living, breathing atheist. I can tell you what an atheist (at least, THIS atheist) believes. Do not try to tell an atheist what he/she believes.

We still exist. We are a living "tradition." We have not had to indulge in "recon." We have , and have always had, a vibrant community. We can speak the thoughts we think for ourselves. Nobody has to refer to a sociology textbook, or consult the archeological record; they have only to ask.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhhhmmm...

I just realized that it looks like I'm pouncing on you, Habbalah, so I apologize. What I was trying to do was to make a point.

If you go through the threads in the atheism section, you'll see that people who are anti-atheist will frequently tell an atheist what he/she believes, then explain why that is wrong. So the point is "nobody has the right to tell another person what that other person really thinks."

I don't think that is what you were actually doing, though, so I should not have jumped on you.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Cynica the Ageless View Post
                I have a number of friends who are atheist, and most of those who are still Roman Catholics are usually agnostic and staunchly secularist. Contrary to what the more preachy-preachy types will say, they make for some of the most intelligent conversation I've known all my life. Criticism of social and cultural issues, discussing the history of religious or political issues, very profound.
                I would dearly love those kinds of friends. One day I'll make changes in my life that will make room for them.

Comment

<----once met an atheist that didn't accept evolution*

*I don't like the phrase "believe in" as applied to evolution--I don't need to "believe in" it, its a scientific fact, one either accepts the mountain of evidence that backs up the fact and scientific theories of evolution, or one does not. "Belief" is for things you can't objectively and concretely measure or observe.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                    I would dearly love those kinds of friends. One day I'll make changes in my life that will make room for them.
                    You already have them. We are here

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      You already have them. We are here
                      Totally off topic but as I read this all of a sudden I was viewing the movie Horton Hears a Who....We're here..We're Here..We're Here..
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        I'm pouncing on you, Habbalah, so I apologize. What I was trying to do was to make a point.

If you go through the threads in the atheism section, you'll see that people who are anti-atheist will frequently tell an atheist what he/she believes, then explain why that is wrong. So the point is "nobody has the right to tell another person what that other person really thinks."

I don't think that is what you were actually doing, though, so I should not have jumped on you.
                        Nor did I mean to make it sound like "all x are y". Just that I see a lot of thought that atheists either don't believe the Abrahamic god exists, or that the believe hates such a god, or religion. Some atheists do, I'm sure, but the point is a lack of belief overall in theism.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

lemme help you all out a bit.
                          AR0YG9V.jpg
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Atheism, because religion makes you think silly things.

Comment

Working...
                            X