So what are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what are you doing?

I'd like to have a place to post reflections on day to day meditation and journeying that focusses soley on our spiritual paths. So here I'll start in a separate post.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm fortunate to meet this out my front door each morning.

I step out the door for my morning run on Sunday. Sunday is a tough day. I'm staring a long day in the face, not to mention there always seems to be going on on Sunday.

I've recently discovered Pagan podcasts, years late I know but I'm obsessed. So im trudging along through the morning fog listening to Druidcast. I love Dave, his enthusiasm is evident, and boy does he play great music.

I use the morning fog on days like today to gauge my time. I know when the sun burns through I'm almost out of time. Listening to podcast has distracted me though, I always stress to people to just take in the world around them, to walk in silence and listen.

I don't remember why exactly, maybe at the back of my mind I know that it's time to listen to something else. I pull out my ear buds as I reach my turn around point, two miles.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I sit an catch my breath a moment, in the distant fields you can see the small housing for the migrants. I see some stirring, but its quiet after all it's Sunday morning.

As I walk down the path, I'm now more aware of many things. The feeling of my sweat cooling my skin, and I begin to chill, as fall approaches. I can now hear the determined cicadas up in the trees. Surely they now threir time to nears and end. I can hear the small critters snapping branches and rustling leaves as I stroll by. On the path before me I can see the long trail of a snake I had missed earlier, the law prints of a couple dogs in the mud, and an old farm cat keeping vigilant watch on a bench post. I nod in acknowledgement and continue on. My mind starts to drift, but in a good way, that productive sort of daydream. I wonder if I'll see War, if I'll be able to maintain my strong spiritual sense of self, then I make a mental note to back a book to read in my work bag today. My mind continues to wander. Then I realise the fog is gone. Time to step of this path, and continue on the next.

[IMG][/IMG]

Happy Sunday.

Re: So what are you doing?

I am wondering how you did those pictures,the whole panorama from top to bottom?
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      I am wondering how you did those pictures,the whole panorama from top to bottom?
      Uploading to imgur and using bb code

Comment

Clemens, that's beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
          Clemens, that's beautiful.
          Thanks! I hope others share too.

Comment

42 days.

For the first time in my life I truly feel as I can relate with how my Ancestors felt approaching the Harvest.

Unexpected days off are a blessing. I'll be away soon, away for a long time. Twenty six weeks and one day. Yesterday at work I was given the opportunity to swap one shift for two, and I took it. Soon it will be to late to work anymore out of my fields, the Harvest is upon me. A true artisans work is never finished, only abandon. For once I know that desperation, that fear that the winters stock will not last, but I'll do whatever I can for as long as I can.

Life presents opportunity. Not in the prosperity preacher sort of way, but should you have the strength and resolve to carry on you can find a way.

In my studies of Asatru I recently read a beautiful piece on the importance of gift giving. While I face this insatiable urge to gather more I also must acknowledge the good fortune I have. Even as I prepare to serve my country I must understand that the ability to do that is a gift. Once upon a time my people gave gifts to ensure balance in the world. Where has that way of thinking gone?

I'll wrap this up with a profound question I stumbled upon today.

Why did the chickens take to the woods?

Comment

Lovely, Clemens!

I'm getting ready to lead a study group on another forum about the Inner Temple of Witchcraft
              She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
                Is there an answer to the question?

Originally posted by October View Post

I'm getting ready to lead a study group on another forum about the Inner Temple of Witchcraft
                How is your study group going, October?

Comment

To avoid Hawks.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

*looks around to make sure the thread is still open to replies* Hi everyone. I'm getting over a cold and reading/meditating on the gods. Mostly along the lines of "why am I sick??" Before I got sick, I was planning out a design for prayer beads I'm making based on the Seven Components (and their qualities/virtues), drawn from Canaanite mythology. While the Seven Components are a creation of author Tess Dawson, I am extrapolating my own way of relating to them through prayer beads. When I'm done I can post some pics, if we have a thread for stuff we make.

Comment

Listening to music
                      "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
                        Listening to music
                        Unless this answer relates to your meditation/journeying practice, I think you've posted in the wrong thread by mistake Clemens' topic is :
                        I'd like to have a place to post reflections on day to day meditation and journeying that focusses soley on our spiritual paths.
                        You could always start a 'What are you up to' thread in General if you like if we don't already have one.

Comment

Working...
                        X