First head transplant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First head transplant

From a logical standpoint, this is fascinating. From an emotional standpoint, this is horror movie stuff.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I can't wait to put my head on a gorilla, and then become a cyborg. I see the beginnings of awesome stuff everywhere, VR, robots, 3d Printing, cloning, genetic engineering. It gives me hope for the future.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I realize this is creepy beyond words, but the patient wants a chance at life and they already have a donor body. He has nothing to lose: If it works science will have made an interesting step forward and he can keep on living, if it fails well then he did not have much time to live on anyways. At least, that is what I think he was thinking when he accepted this and I can see why.

Comment

I'm wondering if this doctor got a hold of the neurosurgeons notes from the 1970's who transplanted monkeys heads. If I recall on of them survived seemingly well but only for a day or two.

Comment

This starts to play into the whole Frankenstein's Monster thing. Plus, it raises tons of questions regarding individuality and where does the spirit or soul lie. Are you simply the collection of thoughts and memories in your brain, or are you truly the sum of all your parts, the experiences of your body helping to shape who you are?

Comment

Soon (if not yet already, honestly I wouldn't be surprised) there will be a black market for severed heads on the internet.

I do understand if it's for medical purposes but on the othe hand, a lot of completely sick stuff either has roots in medical purposes or is justified by them.
              baah.

Comment

Personally I would be more impressed when they've done the first haemorrhoid transplant. Some politicians appear to have already had their heads transplanted and replaced by an anus...
                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Its just madness, dont they realise if you want to get a head, Get a hat

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                    Personally I would be more impressed when they've done the first haemorrhoid transplant. Some politicians appear to have already had their heads transplanted and replaced by an anus...
                    I was thinking more along the lines of trying to surgically remove their heads from being stuck inside their bums ...

Comment

Working...
                    X