Internet Trolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Trolls

Have anyone ever been attack by a troll on the internet? (Not to be confused by trolls from Dungeons and Dragons or mythical trolls.) I've been attack by trolls on Youtube but I resolved by cursing the hell out of them! (Potty mouth-wise that is.)

Re: Internet Trolls

I have found that digital media is a place where people feel empowered to bully and all the other things they can't do, and get away with, in the real world. You see a lot of "the Napoleon" syndrome come out and any hate that they hold. There are no physical consequences to their action so they can be as "tough" as they wish to be. I feel sorry for these individuals most of the time but tire of the incessant bigotry they spread. When I first got on the internet it was all text based and there were more scientists and engineer types than anyone else. All the trolls were still on the BBS scene. As the internet spread and access became inexpensive people found that they could be anyone they wanted to be while spreading their words across the world.
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
      I have found that digital media is a place where people feel empowered to bully and all the other things they can't do, and get away with, in the real world. You see a lot of "the Napoleon" syndrome come out and any hate that they hold. There are no physical consequences to their action so they can be as "tough" as they wish to be. I feel sorry for these individuals most of the time but tire of the incessant bigotry they spread. When I first got on the internet it was all text based and there were more scientists and engineer types than anyone else. All the trolls were still on the BBS scene. As the internet spread and access became inexpensive people found that they could be anyone they wanted to be while spreading their words across the world.
      I agree. They how no life and doesn't have anything better to do just to spread negative hate.

Comment

Yes. On this forum. Some dude who thought he was half angel/demon wanted to marry me. True story. Was creepy. When they are that delusional I don't ever respond to them. They eventually go away.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

My trolling is on a far higher level than simply attacking people.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            Yes. On this forum. Some dude who thought he was half angel/demon wanted to marry me. True story. Was creepy. When they are that delusional I don't ever respond to them. They eventually go away.
            I pity that kind of people. I mean it is clear that they have been playing too many videogames and wished some attention. Desperately.

For my part I always found trolling to be a waste of time. I mean that if you troll you are not contributing in any meaningful way to the places you frequent and if successful results in being banned which means that your "fun" was a cheap thrill.

Comment

I've had people pretend to be a friend and turn out not to be.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I rarely engage with people in random comment areas of news articles or sites like youtube. They tend to be an unmoderated mess. Its just not the place for civilized discourse.

Also, as a parent, one should never validate bad manners with attention...when you respond to a troll, you are feeding them what they want.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X