Little Cassidy Kitten Updates!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Cassidy Kitten Updates!

Because folks mentioned they'd like to keep up to day with this little guy, I figured I'd make a thread about it. Tonight they posted a video of him being all wild and crazy, attacking his brother's tail.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

He's trying so hard to use his back legs even though there aren't any feet there, and he's doing great! If you really want to see lots of him, don't forget to watch his livestream kitten cam.

Re: Little Cassidy Kitten Updates!

That's adorable.

My wife worked at a Vets office in a chain pet supply store. One day one of the mice for sale in the store wound up getting its rear legs stuck and they needed to be ambutated.

He spent the rest of his life as the office pet, spending his days hitching rides in the breast pocket of labcoats, and his nights in his own spacious cage. Animals are incredible things.

Comment

So it appears that the infections (including e. Coli) that he had gotten from his injuries have started to clear up, and his mood has greatly improved. He's playing, purring, and they were able to take the bootie bandages off his back legs. Later on they'll update his chart for weight and such, since when they found him at 8 weeks he weighed less than a typical 4 week old kitten. You can really see the difference in sizes when you look at him beside his brother.

But he's eating, and doing all sorts of stuff they were afraid he couldn't do all on his own!

Comment

That's some good news!
        I can't watch the video since I'm not on Facebook, do they post updates anywhere else?

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: just noticed the livestream link.
        baah.

Comment

That's some good news!
          I can't watch the video since I'm not on Facebook, do they post updates anywhere else?

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: just noticed the livestream link.
          Just do a youtube search for "Cassidy tiny kitten" and you'll get tons of videos!

Comment

That video was adorable! He's behaving like a regular kitten now. Keep on trooping Cassidy, we're rooting for you!
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

See V, you can live a happy life without your legs.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Here's the link to his livestream cam.

Watch TinyKittens's Cassidy the Two-Legged #MiracleKitten on Livestream.com. 8-week-old Cassidy was spotted at our feral Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) colony, and the Property Owner spent two days trying to trap him to save his life. Cassidy has two stumps for back legs, and had used up 8.5 of his 9 lives by the time we got him. His stumps were badly infected, he was almost starved to death, and his little body had almost stopped being able to fight. Luckily, Cassidy is a FIGHTER, and his fearless heart and tenacious spirit kept him going just long enough to get him to us. He's not out of the woods yet, but we're doing everything we can to give this unwanted feral kitten the chance he fought so hard for. We also have his sole surviving sibling, Topper. Topper is twice the size of Cassidy, and full of flooftastic scampiness. We suspect mom is Sigma and dad is Borg (a neighbor's un-neutered pet) - look them up at http://tinykittens.com/cats. They are currently in residence at TinyKittens HQ, where Cassidy is receiving round-the-clock care and Topper is getting socialization to get him ready for the luckiest family ever! When they are healthy and spayed/neutered, they will be available for adoption - details at http://tinykittens.com/adopt

I just sat here watching for about 30 minutes, as he's been racing back and forth down a hallways chasing after toy mice, feathers, and a ball. It may look awkward, but he seems to have learned pretty quickly how to move at a good pace, using his knees instead of the ends of his missing feet.

Comment

I got another update for you guys who are interested!

Today, Cassidy got the stables out of his legs, and no longer has to wear the booties to protect them. Also, his infections are well on their way to being gone and will be off meds in the next few days. Tomorrow, he's going to make two visits to get fitted for a little wheelchair. One is from a secondary school that has been experimenting with schematics and has offered their help in both design and the usage of their 3d printer. The other is at Handicapped Pets Canada who have already made a set of wheels but they want to check the size as they think the little guy will have to grow into these.

He spent a LONG time running around playing, even going so far as to try to play with Shelly's (the lady in charge of TinyKittens.Com) cat Bunny, nipping at her legs and batting at her tail. Also, he was able to climb up a stair all by himself, which is no small feat for a guy without the ability to really jump all that well or to push up with hind legs! He's doing great!

Comment

We've got a mixed bag of info today about Cassidy. He's in great spirits and playing like a champ, and after the measurements for the wheelchair, they'll have to make some adjustments but he should have them soon. Unfortunately, the bones of his left leg aren't growing properly due to the injuries, making it so that it may be difficult or painful to use. So he's going in for some more x-rays and the like soon before more info can be gotten.

Comment

Poor thing. But even for animals, a positive attitude can work wonders. (Sounds a bit cheesy but I've heard some real life examples about that) I hope it does in his case too.
                      baah.

Comment

Most people tend to accept disabilities but animals rarely do. Animals just go on being what they are. Severe disabilities get animals served as dinner so they either adapt or die.
                        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Well, this little guy has reached like gladiator level of willingness to fight to live. He scoots, runs, shuffles, and rolls around with the best of them. Once he gets up to weight for his age there will be no stopping him!

Comment

Another one! Cassidy had another vet visit about his leg, and they've noticed that because of the lack of a tendon, the muscle is pulling his left leg in a strange direction as it's growing. They're going to give him a week to gain more weight before he goes back again for sedation x-rays so they can really get a good look. It was way too hard to get good x-rays with him trying to scamper about.

He also climbed up 4 stairs all by himself today, and while that doesn't seem like a big deal, YOU try climbing up steps that are taller than you are without any feet!

Comment

Tinykittens, Langley, British Columbia. 1,584,192 likes · 9,835 talking about this. Incredible cat rescue stories, unfolding LIVE 24/7: TinyKittens.com/live #KittenTherapy

Cassidy just took his first steps with a little wheelchair!

And, he's started to purr more and more, so he's definitely getting healthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X