Tried a spiritual meditation of sorts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried a spiritual meditation of sorts

I finally got the willpower to try a spiritual meditation again, and follow through with it, so I tried to. It wasn't a deep sort of meditation, for lack of better terms, I was aware of all my surroundings and noises. I projected my intent for help to overcome some personal issues, and in my mind I saw a woman with inch thick purple hair (not sure how else to describe it) and I felt her grab my hand, and felt some kind of jolt of energy. She hugged me and I felt more energy flow into me, then took my hand again, and flew me up into the sky, above a forest.

Off in the distance were some mountains, and as we were traveling towards them, my concentration got a little weaker, and in the vision I slipped and almost let go of her, but she tightened her grip and pulled me back up. We flew over to a grass clearing surrounded by trees, and I was sort of, seeing myself or an image of what I projected myself to be, which in this vision was a petite woman with blonde hair, wrapped in some kind of braid and wearing dated looking clothes of sorts.

I wanted to stop viewing myself and kind of... look through that body? I guess you could say. After I thought that, she stared at me in the eyes and I could focus more without viewing myself. She grabbed my same hand and raised it up with my palm up, and started to gather energy around my palm. I kind of went in and out of that mode of looking at my own body, but that apparently wasn't too important. I felt some ripples of energy go through me again from that.

She then let go of my hand and said, "Now learn." I took that as I should try doing that in my own physical body, so I ended the meditation, and tried doing it with my own hand, tried picturing energy gathering around it. I felt some kind of cool breeze in my hand and... some kind of sensation, not sure how to describe it, while I tried gathering positive energy. Then well, not knowing what else to really do at this point, I brought my hand to my face, and tried to absorb the energy. And I think it was... semi successful? I felt a noticeable difference, but not as much as I would like.

So that was my experience. I really don't know if it was an authentic spiritual experience, or the meditation was just my mind making up something, or if my hand really did anything at all, but I tried and I did feel a little better. I'm open to any kind of advice you guys have, as I do want to sort of continue this kind of thing and like, establish some kind of relationships with spirits, or gather energy, or something. I'm totally new to this kind of stuff, so any help would be enormously appreciated.

Edit: Also wanted to mention that I wrote this in my spiritual journal, and the last time I wrote something in there was exactly two years ago. I found that pretty amazing, to say the least.
    Last edited by toxicyarnglare; 22 Sep 2015, 08:38.

Re: Tried a spiritual meditation of sorts

Learning requires work. Keep doing the exercise and then, when you feel very successful, go back to the meditation to find out what to do with the energy.
    It matters not whether it was "just your mind" or a "truly spiritual experience". Both and either are as real as you believe.
    See if your meditation can place you on the same mountain with the same guide.
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
      Learning requires work. Keep doing the exercise and then, when you feel very successful, go back to the meditation to find out what to do with the energy.
      It matters not whether it was "just your mind" or a "truly spiritual experience". Both and either are as real as you believe.
      See if your meditation can place you on the same mountain with the same guide.
      I tried doing that energy visualization again with my hand, it seemed to work a lot better this time, at least in gathering the energy, not so much with absorbing it though.

And I'll take those words to heart. I guess even if it's so called real or fake, it can be quite an introspective journey of sorts. I'm starting to like this.

And I tried doing the same meditation again. The guide looked different, like she was more than one person on different parts of the journey. At times I saw rather scary looking figures that seemed threatening, but knowing what I did about these kinds of situations, I turned my thoughts to positive thoughts and they went away. Nearer to the end, I think the same figure that I saw in the first one appeared by me, I think trying to guide me. We ended up not inside the same clearing, but initially in another dense forest. Eventually I lost focus and my thoughts started wandering in the kind of way it does when you just start dreaming, so after that I ended the meditation.

Comment

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post
        So that was my experience. I really don't know if it was an authentic spiritual experience, or the meditation was just my mind making up something, or if my hand really did anything at all, but I tried and I did feel a little better. I'm open to any kind of advice you guys have, as I do want to sort of continue this kind of thing and like, establish some kind of relationships with spirits, or gather energy, or something. I'm totally new to this kind of stuff, so any help would be enormously appreciated.
        What I love about the mind is that by its very nature, it will "make up" something from the sensations you may feel around you, in such a way that these sensations, energies and entities will almost always appear in a form familiar or dear to you. I love that. The late Marcus Aurelius was quoted in his Meditations saying that all of life is flux. I would argue that it is both an authentic experience and a psychological phenomenon rooted in the inside of your mind - like tapping your unconscious: your greater mind awakening to transcendent sensations and constructs. You have told us of your experience, and while I enjoyed reading it, what do you make of it? I think you should keep at it, but I'd always advise caution. There are a lot of horror stories too with regard to spiritual/energy meditation. I have read that misuse or abuse of Kundalini energy, for instance, can actually be damaging. Your choice to keep a journal is nice. What happened the last time you tried something like this?

I regularly set aside time to meditate and be alone, if not with my patrons, Mars and Bellona. While my meditations are nowhere near as vivid as yours, they do grow more clear over time. I find that learning how to focus and silence yourself at the deepest levels of your soul are prerequisites for successful and beneficial meditation. While I have never directly spoken with either, I have drawn circles in the ground to convey conceptual messages and ideas. Bellona laughed.

Comment

Working...
        X