No announcement yet.

Becoming A Goth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Void where prohibited. Some stipulations may apply. Use may jeopardize eternal soul and result in damnation. Consult an oracle if you experience vomiting, levitation, seizures, fainting, death, un-death, hair loss, syphilis, or frog-like symptoms. Not valid in Ohio.
    Circe

Comment

Re: Becoming A Goth

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
      I always sort of thought that you couldn't become a goth so much as have to be born as one. It's sort of hard to change your ancestral DNA ...
      Wrong goth....
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Well it's a form of expression, isn't it. Similar to how I like to etch Lambda's and Latin phrases onto my things.

But please don't start with the music.

Comment

Let's share our gothic what was I thinking pics!
          Goth not smiling
          Click image for larger version

Name:	looking_in_by_geshtinnanna.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	353020
          Goth smiling (yes. that's a bottle of empty Alize. Right before I saw A Perfect Circle perform!) Look at that chubby face. Even my smile looks evil. Tee hee.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Before a perfect circle.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	353021
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            Let's share our gothic what was I thinking pics!
            Great idea! I never had much of a goth phase, although I did have a 'wear black because I'm a witch' phase in my teens. I was more general rock until about 5 years ago when I started this weird girly phase I'm going through.

Not goth, but here's me in a goth-ish outfit 6 years ago,;

Again not gothic, but definitely a 'what was I thinking' style... this is me just after I returned from Japan; I used to wear my hair like this all through uni but had to take it out for Japan. A week before I came home, I got this done in a salon in Shabuya!

夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Replying to some others on this thread, the difference between goth and emo is that they are two different subcultures based around two different styles of music originating from a similar place and time, though emo didn't really emerge as a genre till the 90's/00s.

If you're interested in being goth in the traditional sense, I can send you a list of bands?

*is absolute goth trash*

Comment

Working...
              X