How To Meet A Girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Meet A Girl

Hey everybody. All my life I don't have a girlfriend. Every time when I meet a girl I always get shy and say the wrong things. I always get to know them first and I always forget to get the girl phone number. I need help is there any way to meet a girl and to get their phone numbers without messing things up?

Re: How To Meet A Girl

Just practise. Have a reason to get the girl's number. Also if you are meeting by chance at the same spot regularly, say at the gym, then you might not need her number for a while. You can build a connection without it until you genuinely have a reason to get it.

Comment

I find random bar, club, concert, street, etc.. hookups and awkward conversations and, "wanna hang out again sometime"'s just lead nowhere. I'm no fan of the Hollywood Cliche dating game.

That being said, don't take advice from dating sites or go with the ever popular, "be a perfect gentleman," or conversely, "be a perfect jerk." Just don't. Please. I know it's cheesy and has been said way too many times, but you really do just need to be yourself. On the same note you need to allow the girl to be herself. She's not your prize to be won, you don't have to figure out some puzzle, it's not some gauntlet or trial to survive, you don't have to say all the right things to unlock a cool end game finale with possible hanky panky reward goodies. Dating and relationships only work like that if you're stupid. Women are people just like you. Treat them like people. Treat them like you'd treat a friend or family member or anybody else you run into during your normal day to day. Don't get all flustered and put them on a pedestal or drool all over them or get weird because they're pretty and you're dumbstruck. Pretty girls have guys doing that to them fifty times a day. It's nothing new. It's boring. It's irritating. You will be shot down or ignored. What they really want is what everybody else in the world wants: Someone authentic, interesting and compatible to them with whom they can connect.

"How to get a girl," is probably one of the things I least like hearing guys ask because women are not objects and you don't write how-to articles or books about human beings. You want to connect with another human being? Then you do what humans do and allow yourself to foster healthy, honest friendships.

Comment

Don't talk like you post.

Comment

Have tact and don't be a jerk. It helps to be funny and not take yourself too seriously.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Not sure about the US mate, but in Australia, Craiglist solves this problem. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Niall_Leppu View Post
              Not sure about the US mate, but in Australia, Craiglist solves this problem. lol.
              Great advice. Play AIDS Roulette NYC Craigslist.

Comment

Craiglist Roulette is not the same without AIDS... lololololol

Comment

Being yourself doing what you enjoy doing is the best way to find a person who is likely to enjoy the things you enjoy. List the activities that you enjoy. Pick the ones that can be done with other people of both genders. Get out and do those things with other people.
                  The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                  I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                    Being yourself doing what you enjoy doing is the best way to find a person who is likely to enjoy the things you enjoy. List the activities that you enjoy. Pick the ones that can be done with other people of both genders. Get out and do those things with other people.
                    Sounds about right to me ...
                    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Everyone is different on what they expect from a guy as per their personality, likes and dislikes. As a woman I agree with Dragon, be yourself try not to get nervous and who cares if you say something ridiculous, hell we all do in those situations when meeting new people so learn to laugh at yourself it can be an endearing quality. Just relax and have fun with the people you meet, things will fall into place eventually with a lady you like.

Comment

Working...
                      X