Tarot Deck Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarot Deck Compatibility

I bought a deck recently. At first, I was kind of 'ehh' about it but it really started growing on me. However, I haven't gotten a single positive reading from it, even on things I feel good about.

For instance, I asked it about what I should keep in mind fortoday and I got things like 'taking advantage of people', 'closing off your feelings' and 'you need new friends'. So far, today, I've done some fun Halloween shopping with my mum and played D&D with my friends in Britain.

To test, I asked how yesterday went. Now, besides my mum and myself, one of my best friends came over (who has no trouble telling me what needs to be adjusted) and my aunt (who's about as hard to read as a colouring book). Both of them were laughing and joking all day and took food and crafts home, etc. But my deck is saying that it was a massive disappointment, a personal tragedy, and I need to get out of my funk.

My mum has this theory that the cards are never wrong, that what comes up is what needs to come up, and the interpretation is the art. But I mean, all of my daily readings for a week are these gloom-and-doom. Now I'm an experienced reader, and other decks, even ones I use casually don't do that.

Do you guys think maybe it's just not right for me?
    She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Re: Tarot Deck Compatibility

I don't know how to answer that, October. I think it's depends on how you interpret the cards and the timeline. And let's not forget accuracy.

Comment

I have had decks in the past that, while the cards were technically the same as in another deck (Ace of wands, for example), they read differently and took on different leanings or a different emphasis depending on which deck was used.

Just a thought.

Comment

The interpretations in the book are the same as I've ever seen. That's what's so strange.

I've had decks that have read weird (like I couldn't see the connections between the cards, or the outcomes didn't make sense), I've had decks I just needed to adjust to and bond with, I've had decks that kick my butt (I like those the best).

I've never had a deck that just refuses to say anything nice, lol.

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

That is really strange...

What deck is it, if you don't mind my asking?

Comment

The Witches Tarot by Ellen Dugan. I like her, I like the cards once I got used to the art style. And there are happy cards, I've seen them! They just don't come up, lol. Or they come up reversed.

Comment

You should get a journal and do a little experiment and track the cards you get, how often you get them and what happens...
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the sample cards don't look doom and gloom on the aeclectic site; maybe it is just a bonding issue?
                My set of runes tended to be a little like that (though not so severe as your cards sound) when I first got them. I thought it was just a rune vs. tarot card thing. But over time, they seemed to get happier/nicer. I'm not sure why this would happen though.

They look pretty at least I especially like the back with the outer space design and the triple moon symbol.
                I wouldn't give up on them yet! Maybe just use them in conjecture with a more reliable deck and see what happens?

Comment

Yeah, I dunno. I really do like it, in spite of its attitude, lol. I have started a journal (as proof, lol) and I have started asking the DruidCraft what the Witches Tarot is trying to say, lol. It's all very strange.

I'm just happy it doesn't have a Happy Squirrel card or I'd really be screwed :-p

Comment

Please don't take this as dismissive or condescending.

Perhaps the cards are refusing to allow you to read them in a manner that "brightens" the outcome. I see a lot of readers who sort of whitewash meanings and such when they read and how they read. Bad enough when read for others, but really bad when read for themselves to arrive at a desired outcome or destination. Perhaps, probably and unintentionally, you've fallen into something of that sort yourself and this particular deck is refusing to allow it to happen. Yet to get through to you it is coming across as abnormally dark or heavy to make you take notice though that may not be exactly what the cards are trying to convey or reveal.

If the artwork is different enough from your normal decks that you can not whitewash or gloss them over it could be a reflection of yourself.
                    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                    X